1+hate

1. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Apr 23, 2017

Dunnow , Apr 23, 2017 :
    I'm here because OnePlus is neglecting to do their job.

No I will not throw 420€ to the trash and let OnePlus keep my money without me experiencing what I paid for.

I bet you would not just buy another phone just because the one you own now turned out to be a flop, but you would claim responsibility too. But if you are one that decides "this doesn't work, I'll just get another" good for you and your money burning capabilities.

If I buy a Ferrari, I expect it to go 0-60mph / 0-100kmh as in advertised time. Which should always be lower than 4 seconds, and not in 20 seconds as if it was a simple renault crap.

I also expect their sits to last more than a year.

Now, my device was promised to be a ferrari, and cannot even deliver the basic stuff. Took OnePlus 6 months to make their shitty OOS sync contacts in my car. SIX MONTHS. That might not be important to you, but to me, HALF A FRIGGING YEAR without being able to call with a hands free unit I paid in the car it's not acceptable.

Same for all other issues.

ariblaze and enea 54 like this.
  2. ricnar456
    Froyo Apr 23, 2017

ricnar456 , Apr 23, 2017 :
    but your bugs are little bugs not major bugs. major bugs can be noticed ( the bugs pointed by the!whinners) for Ali users.

I don't have any drain I don't have any heat I don't have random reboots I don't have any major problem.

that cannot tell you there is not a bug at Ali but are minor, all brands had minor bugs when release a major upgrade.

non nougat compatible programs affect your phone like facebook by example in the first days of nougat had a negative effect on battery.

and bad updates make that only press update button that's the problem

3. Dunnow

Dunnow , Apr 23, 2017 :
    My bugs are little bugs?

For six months I had to take phone calls in the car by hand. That is illegal in my country. Plus a security hazard to ym life. I do not call a device that cannot use BASIC BT functionality, "little"

The same device, for a whole month, after release, was un capable to take pictures with flash, because it made the camera app crash. The official OnePlus camera one.

For 4 months, since release, Google Camera crashed if you tried to use photospheres / panoramas.

For more than half a year the contacts in the contacts app where not listed properly and the sorting was ****** up.

Since I bought the device, I've not been able to take proper videos with the camera, as every other update broke the video stabilization and prevented my to have sharp constant images due to the focus hunting, most of the videos took with OOS are useless footage that was going crazy all the time as soon as something moved a bit.

My battery life, got to a point where the phone was on for about 15h before completely draining, plus, heating like crazy in my pocket, without running a single thing, and I mean, past 50ºC. That is not a "little" issue.

I've brought the developer of Lightflow app in this very same forums, in the bug reporting section so he could help the OnePlus team to fix the issues that make his app not work properly with OOS, guess what? OnePlus did nothing, in the meantime, I've wasted 2€ and something on an app I can not use any longer due to OOS not handing over the led control to other apps.

I've purchased a 25€ set of earphones due to this company, yes, the company, telling me my old earphone set was not HARDWARE compatible with the inline media / call controls. Then a single update fixed it, that makes a grand total of 445€ on a device that did not work since the very beginning.

After MM update, pictures that usually were 4.5 or 5 megs went down to barely 2 megs, they were highly compressed before, but after MM it's just an insult.

Then there's the bad support for apps like Snapchat or facebook, that constantly have issues with this rom, and for sure they run nice in any other device I have at hand... but no, in here, people like you, blame the app, and not OnePlus... weird, how in the same device, with another rom, they run just fine...

I don't call those things "little" I call them experience breaking issues.

ariblaze and enea 54 like this.
  4. G_Alan_Shorter_rLEo
    Donut Apr 23, 2017

G_Alan_Shorter_rLEo , Apr 23, 2017 :
    maybe you have had a bad experience but surely if you feel it's that bad you could get a replacement under the manafacturers warranty?

as annoying as your issues have been they are glitches which most of which may well have been sorted.

most of us other op users seem quite happy with our devices some have genuine serious complaints and some people just like to moan for the sake of it.

even Ferraris have their issues but you pay a premium for them and expect them to sort it quicker than let's say if you buy a car from a different manafacturer at around half the price, that's life.

TheMindy2011 likes this.
  5. ricnar456
    Froyo Apr 23, 2017

google camera facebook and snap chat are 3rd party programs not op bugs some are reported with nougat problems like facebook, that will change with future updates of that programs.

I don't have heats I don't have drain 2 days of usage with 6 sot with the same use my old lgg4 or note 3 barely reach the afternoon.

6. Dunnow

Dunnow , Apr 23, 2017 :
    Google camera crashing was 100% OOS related because the same version of the camera, on the same version of Android in another device, worked just fine.

Same with facebook, and same with snapchat.

7. ricnar456
    Froyo Apr 23, 2017

your old earphones are very specific I use my old lgg4 earphones and note earphones without problem.

but that's a bug? hmm there are standard earphones and no standard and a no standard earphone can have problems in the first major update versions, is logical.

only when a user of this earphones report that can be solved

8. Dunnow

Dunnow , Apr 23, 2017 :
    Because they expect ME to pay for the shipping of such replacement in case they decide my device is wrong, and I'm not staying without a phone for X amount of time while they decide if it's covered by it or not. Heck, I've seen OnePlus not return devices unless you paid 50€ for shipping it back.

9. Dunnow

Dunnow , Apr 23, 2017 :
    They told me they were HARDWARE incompatible.

10. ricnar456
    Froyo Apr 23, 2017

what other brand has 7.1.1 ?

google phones and no so much.

is logical google adapt his program to its phones.

but is a 3rd party program not a bug of the rom, maybe google adapt the program in the future

11. G_Aman_Srivastava_Idkp
    Eclair Apr 23, 2017

G_Aman_Srivastava_Idkp , Apr 23, 2017 :
    I have oneplus 3 n I have no issues with the phone neither before nor after the last update......I love this phone ... love u OnePlus for making such a good phone

12. ricnar456
    Froyo Apr 23, 2017

not standard earphones had that problem maybe can be resolved or not but a simple example you can have a old video adapter with support in xp but not supported in w10.

that's a comm9n problem not all okay hardware is supported in new so or major versions of roms

13. Dunnow

Dunnow , Apr 23, 2017 :
    Google, Samsung, Xiaomi... And what does it matter 7.1.1?

what don't you understand, AOSP code from ANDROID, the BASE code for ANY rom is COMPATIBLE by default with older SDK code?

It has NOTHING to do with the app code.

Any issue on a device that is not reproducible in another is NOT due the app, is the THE ROM they run in.

14. Dunnow

Dunnow , Apr 23, 2017 :
    WTF are you blabbing about about non standard earpahones... Earphones use a frigging STANDARD protocol, that MY earphones SUPPORTED but OnePlus did **** up THEIR code to make them work. Then they told me it was a HARDWARE issue and the OnePlus could NEVER support such earphones, and 3 months after, they launched MM and all of a sudden my INCOMPATIBLE earphones DUE to HARDWARE where magically compatible...

I guess the OTA update also upgraded my HARDWARE right?

ariblaze likes this.
  15. ricnar456
    Froyo Apr 23, 2017

if the hardware was standard there is no problem I don't say your hardware is incompatible only is not standard and the problems can be in that.

is l8ke your old video adapter works in your machine with xp but not supported in w10.

maybe in the future can be supported but no standard hardware had that problem in the first stages of major upgrade.

and maybe it can try all 3rd party programs of Google Play before release that's a good joke no brand make that

16. enea 54
    Gingerbread Apr 23, 2017

enea 54 , Apr 23, 2017 :
    Friend, wait OP to launch the next device then let's talk about it!!

ariblaze and Dunnow like this.
  17. ritesh808
    Honeycomb Apr 23, 2017

ritesh808 , Apr 23, 2017 :
    Many positives, just that the ones making threads and ranting are the ones with negatives to share. Most people with a positive experience are happy enjoying their devices, not making thread after thread of complaints.

18. Dunnow

Dunnow , Apr 23, 2017 :
    why are you so thick?

And why are you insisting on frigging testing "3rd party programs of Google Play" ...

Still what do you not understand that a new Android version does not mean ANY app will break?

What don't you understand about retrocompatibility?

Anyone can run an app coded for Android 2 in Android 7. Android 7 will just run that Android 2 targeted app with the same exact api code they ran back then.

Again, Snapchat being laggy as ****, doesn't mean it was due to Android 7. ****, Snapchat was laggy as **** in OOS even BEFORE they released Android 7. Now what's your excuse exactly now?

Same with Google Camera. It was happening BEFORE Android 7.

And why do you keep saying my earphones "hardware" was not standard? Dude, they work in every other single device I've plugged them into.

Tell me exactly how the Pistons v2 from Xiaomi are not STANDARD please, and how all of a sudden they started working just fine... If that is not 100% a bug on OnePlus side, you tell me what it is...

But hey, before, go and study computer engineering, because you obviously do not know jack shit on how software and hardware work.

ariblaze likes this.
  19. ricnar456
    Froyo Apr 23, 2017

if that 3rd party programs do not work in op3 post in the 3rd party support forum that's
    not the first case of a program do not work in certain brand or update and was solved by that 3rd party programmers.

for me your problems are not bugs of the rom are 3rd party problems and some extrange not standard hardware not supported in new version.

I tell you change to other brand I experienced all and it's the same but in other brands that new major version minor bugs was solved one year after the first release, we had only 4 months and the most annoying bugs like Wi-Fi disconnect was solved and that affect all users.

I don't reply you any more my advice change to other brand and see annual updates without solutions.

bye.

20. Chitt Kapadia
    Eclair Apr 23, 2017

Chitt Kapadia , Apr 23, 2017 :
    true it is just awesome. I have OnePlus 3. the only problem I face is, it drain a lot of battery (around 25% at least) at night while sleeping, even will all network and WiFi turned off.