1+ is going to smash all the existing phones....

1. ilyaspervez
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2014

ilyaspervez , Apr 24, 2014 :
    i appropriate all 1+ team for providing such a high end device with the affordable price , that shows how much our existing companies getting profit from the consumers..

Many thanks to OnePlus' CEO, Pete Lau,..............

Attached Files:

• 1+.png
      1+.png
      File size:
      210.5 KB
      Views:

2. Deactivated User
    Apr 24, 2014

3. Fadi
    Jelly Bean Apr 24, 2014

Fadi , Apr 24, 2014 :
    it is going to be a game changer, and even for other manufacturers they will never dare to come with 2 years old tech in a new shell ( some times even and old shell with a band aid :)) and re sell it as if its new

4. polluted
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2014

polluted , Apr 24, 2014 :
    Why so much hyperbole for a standard spec phone in this release cycle?

Price is the only differentiator and that will be matched sooner than you think.

reiker likes this.
  5. Fadi
    Jelly Bean Apr 24, 2014

Fadi , Apr 24, 2014 :
    at the end of the day if it is going to be matched , then this proves my point , other manufacturers well have to reduce their prices because of this one.

6. polluted
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2014

The only people that will adjust their gameplans are the other off-brand manufacturers.

7. Fadi
    Jelly Bean Apr 24, 2014

Fadi , Apr 24, 2014 :
    If so then they will loose more client and they will keep fanboys , this was Apple's mistake , I don't thing samsung will fall to it, some promising brands are waiting for this LG is a good example

8. polluted
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2014

Don't expect the G3 to follow this path.

Motorola already did this last year, although with a decidely mid-range phone in the X.

9. Fadi
    Jelly Bean Apr 24, 2014

Fadi , Apr 24, 2014 :
    G2 was and still a beast , but they didn't get enough market share because of their price, in Q1 2014 the sales were higher than 2013 because their prices went down , I don't know wither they are going to follow or not but there is a good possibility for that

10. polluted
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2014

The G2 was available at low cost ... subsidized by Google as the Nexus 5.

11. Fadi
    Jelly Bean Apr 24, 2014

Fadi , Apr 24, 2014 :
    Yes and No, tech heads are less than 5% of the smart phone community, those people loved the nexus 5, but some people just want a good camera , good UI, and good specs, I believe Nexus 5 was the best Android phone performance wise, but as a full package it was LG G2 ,

12. polluted
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2014

Right ... and in the same way, the OPO will be seen by far less people than Google were able to nudge towards the Nexus 5.

13. Fadi
    Jelly Bean Apr 24, 2014

Fadi , Apr 24, 2014 :
    here is the trick , in OPO you don't have to compromise like Nexus 5 at can be for regular use and developers use also , all the specs are high end and the price is low, let us wait and see, to me what matters is I (the client) win

14. polluted
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2014

What is the compromise with the Nexus 5?

15. jake81
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2014

jake81 , Apr 24, 2014 :
    The extent to which the 1+ phone will change the industry depends entirely on OnePlus' execution of this first product. If the phone turns out to be relatively bug-free, of reasonable build-quality, and they have the production scalability to meet demand, it will sell like hotcakes as people tell their friends, and the media buzz will catapult it to the sky. This is a fledgling company, so there are a few unknowns in the equation.

As a rule, when consumers can get essentially the same product for 50% less than the competition, that product will gain marketshare while its competitors lose market share. People WILL hear about it. The only reason Samsung and Apple have gotten away with their ridiculous markups is because of the lack of comparable phones at much lower prices. Android competitors will need to innovate on features to maintain a justification for the price differential, or significantly reduce their mark-ups to avoid major erosion to their sales.

Fadi likes this.
  16. Fadi
    Jelly Bean Apr 24, 2014

Fadi , Apr 24, 2014 :
    Camera, size , battery ( compare all these to the original LG G2),

17. nboatr
    Donut Apr 24, 2014

nboatr , Apr 24, 2014 :
    Fadi, i have to admit, your correct. this phone spec wise compares to all the top phones & fablects on the market. and the reviews are starting to look favorably. this phone will sell like hot cakes. a week ago i was only waiting for the galaxy note 4, but now this phone comes along and now i want it!.

Fadi likes this.
  18. Fadi
    Jelly Bean Apr 24, 2014