10.3.1 Incoming Texts No Longer Working

1. stkelly
    Cupcake Feb 23, 2020

stkelly , Feb 23, 2020 :
    Upgrading to 10.3.1 has broken incoming texts on my phone. Incoming texts stop coming in after the phone is up for about 1 day. After a day, I have to reboot the phone to get incoming texts to start working again. This issue didn't exist in 10.3.0, 10.3.0 broke bluetooth and still isn't fixed in 10.3.1. Outgoing texts work perfectly fine.

I've tried the following to fix the problem:
    1. Factory reset
    2. Using the built in OnePlus messenger instead of Textra
    3. Replaced the SIM card with a brand new AT&T one.

Nothing has worked, the phone just stops receiving texts after a day of being on. I usually get calls from people wondering if I'm going to respond to their text. I've submitted a bug report as well.

If anyone has any suggestions to get incoming texts to start working please let me know!

Thanks in advance!

2. Kytharsis
    Nougat Feb 23, 2020

Kytharsis , Feb 23, 2020 :
    This is something you should talk to AT&T about.

drl431 likes this.
  3. stkelly
    Cupcake Feb 24, 2020

stkelly , Feb 24, 2020 :
    I've already talked to AT&T, that's why I tried a new SIM. When the phone reboots the messages don't appear, it's as if the phone isn't putting the texts into the messaging database. Also, I can remove the SIM put it in my old phone and send a test text and they come in fine. Put the SIM back in my OnePlus 6, send another text and the text doesn't come in. Once I reboot the OnePlus 6 the texts will start working again until a day later. This issue appeared 1 day after the 10.3.1 update. Don't think it's an AT&T issue.