10k Post - TeamValor91 [Graphic]

1. TeamValor91
    Community Veteran Oct 17, 2014

TeamValor91 , Oct 17, 2014 :
    Help Brett Walk Again! - New Campaign on Indiegogo Life!
    [​IMG]

So, forum, family, friends...this is my 10k post.

Some of you may ask why I'm posting this in the Introduce Yourself section. This is because I never formally introduced myself to the community and there is no central location in this forum about me. I'm a pretty big presence, but you just know me by what I've been posting.

Let's take a step back...like back to the last Sunday in January. I was driving my smart car, a car my grandfather gifted to me, back home. Keep in mind, I live in New England where the weather at this time was frigid and there was snow on the ground. I thought I would be fine since I had snow tires on my car and it was a short drive. I was wrong.

A minivan was in my lane headed right for me on a back road home. To avoid the collision, I swerved right, but was headed towards a lake, so I swerved back hard left, putting my car in the wrong lane. I was trying to swerve back in to my lane, but it was too late. I was hit with an offset frontal impact.

I can barely remember being pinned in the car. I was in a medically induced coma for 2 weeks, had 7 surgeries and was in the hospital for 8 weeks.

Here are the images. WARNING, GRAPHIC.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thankfully, I was the only one in my car and everybody is reportedly safe that was in the car that hit me. The minivan that ran me off the road never stopped.

My left leg was completely shattered from the knee down, I had two broken ribs, a collapsed lung, bronchitis, pneumonia and the flu.

So, how does that lead me to being here?

Well, it was coming to the 2 year point in my phone upgrade. My AT&T S3 was slowing down and I was getting annoyed in the hospital, waiting for my phone to catch up to me. I was ready to change.

I started to research in the tech space what phones were going to be coming up so I could sign another 2 year contract. I was thinking S5 and didn't know when the Nexus 6 was coming out, but I noticed a few sites talking about this phone. I was curious and began my research.

Don't let my forum join date deceive you...I've been perusing about this forum back in early March, but decided to finally join the forum since I wasn't going to go back to my old forum which was the smart car of America site.

It's been quite a ride. I cherish all of you and this community. This is truly a spectacular place and I just want to thank you all for everything you guys do. Battling the pain of this accident on a physical, mental and emotional level is a struggle each and every single day of my life. I just want to add that this forum has helped me be able to help escape from the constant pain I feel and the knowledge that I'm not even close to being out of this nightmare. I have more surgeries to go and I can barely walk. I have severe post-traumatic arthritis in my ankle and my 5th MTP is dislocated. Below are the x-ray images of my leg and the radiology report from one of my xray sessions.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Being a moderator has allowed me to give back to the community that has given me so much. I look forward to continuing to serve you all and continue to root myself in this great community. :)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015

2. Nilesh Sajnani
    KitKat Oct 17, 2014

Nilesh Sajnani , Oct 17, 2014 :
    First!

Edit: Bro I'm glad you came out of that alive and I hope you recover from the trauma soon. Those images really make me appreciate life more. It's great to have you on the forum and you've always been very helpful! Congrats on your 10000th post, becoming Andriod L :)
    Cheers!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014

3. Flamedblaze0
    Froyo Oct 17, 2014

4. twacrs
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 17, 2014

5. p4r4d0x

p4r4d0x , Oct 17, 2014 :
    Really? Now you found time for this.... hmmm Congratulations

Man you suffered big impact. Happy to hear that you survived through it... keep it up dude.

6. Flyologist
    Jelly Bean Oct 17, 2014

FXA, Ceasedd, rayandreas and 13 others like this.
  7. hkkl
    Gingerbread Oct 17, 2014

8. onepluslove30
    Eclair Oct 17, 2014

9. Zachsaxe
    Lollipop Oct 17, 2014

Zachsaxe , Oct 17, 2014 :
    You're a great asset to the community!

10. carbine30
    Marshmallow Oct 17, 2014

11. Swaraj2706

Swaraj2706 , Oct 17, 2014 :
    great man... really a fighter and a motivation for many after hearing you......get well soon man!!!

12. Kallen
    Oct 17, 2014

Kallen , Oct 17, 2014 :
    Brett is an ANGEL and don't mind the rainbow text. Just testing out a script for some guy. o_o

timos, Ceasedd, paul yazbeck and 26 others like this.
  13. Chompish
    Eclair Oct 17, 2014

14. gheorghiu
    Honeycomb Oct 17, 2014

gheorghiu , Oct 17, 2014 :
    BretPlusOne, best wishes, health, and courage! You have great medical care. I pray that you will be much, much better soon...I saw the pictures, Bret....you are lucky to be alive!!! I hope they found the person who ran you off the road and left without helping....You have been through a lot, but I see you are very young, and have the strength and determination to pull it off! Take care of yourself, and thank you for your great work for the OPO forums!

15. finaldentiny
    Community Veteran Oct 17, 2014

16. Mr Sprinkles
    KitKat Oct 17, 2014

Mr Sprinkles , Oct 17, 2014 :
    I hope that you are not experiencing any PTSD. Ordeals much like the one you went through are serious and I am glad you made it back, from a physical standpoint. However, many near death experience can cause mental instability. I am sorry for your loss, and I am sorry that you have to go through both mental and physical struggles.

Aside from weird medical jabber, I am grateful for the amount of help that you have brought to this forum, and I am glad that you survived, even if it was just to help a few techies. I thank you for all the help you have been to the forums, and I hope you continue in your ways.

Ceasedd, vmk2310, blazzeek and 14 others like this.
  17. rajeshg2528
    Gingerbread Oct 17, 2014

18. MIYANO+

MIYANO+ , Oct 17, 2014 :
    i had no clue!
    brett the tough guy!!!
    /brofist

whenever time get too rough for you, feel free to take your frustration out on a cupcake-- err i mean on us :)

actually im just kidding. take it out on Aaahh :rolleyes:

Ceasedd, madmike95, sp99 and 16 others like this.
  19. Stevengt
    Gingerbread Oct 17, 2014

urnotalone, Ceasedd, addam and 8 others like this.
  20. twacrs

twacrs , Oct 17, 2014 :
    hey.. you wanna share that script?
    I need it for.... uh, research reasons

Ceasedd, madmike95, vmk2310 and 11 others like this.