11 different questions answered by mods

1. NeverGiveUpOnUrDreams KitKat Sep 18, 2018

NeverGiveUpOnUrDreams, Sep 18, 2018 :
    Here we go ! Oh I'm so excited to launch this. Me and @Dresa91 have put a lot of effort to get something out for community. We came up with a idea to Interview mods and with the help of the beloved @Ruby G. We created this...
    Screenshot_20180918-070433__01.jpg
    1. If there are thousands of threads (for an example/About Android Pie) how do you overcome the (spam)wave of it?

@Plenkske: You can’t really overcome the wave of spam about those threads. What I usually do is checkmark multiple threads (after checking the content) and the move them to the Mega Thread about the subject. We can also use search if it’s really bad. And we need to keep an eye on reports, about the same threads. Sometimes, when things really hit the fan, we have to work together to make something of the mess. And that’s what I think is the most fun part of modding

Screenshot_20180918-072208__01.jpg
    2. Have you (mods) ever felt the lack of motivation/energy when opening the community and seeing you have tens of (maybe even hundreds) reports?
    @keithnyc: haha... WelI I wouldn't say"lack of motivation or energy", however one does feel that immediate sense of overwhelming work when you suddenly see a lot of reports. But honestly, this is why all the mods try to work together to consistently keep reports down to a "workable" minimum. If the number of reports does happen to get too high though, the mods usually reach out you each other and work together to address the issues in a unified manner. That's what makes us a team....we work better together than apart. Also, if the mods anticipate a potentially high volume of reports (e.g., based on an upcoming announcement), we will give each other the heads up so we are better prepared.

Screenshot_20180918-095251__01.jpg
    3. What's the funniest or weirdest thread you have closed?
    @gaster: Let me think of it. It's been 4 years. As much as I can remember one thread that I was found funny and I closed back in the era of OnePlus One and near OnePlus 2, it was the one with a question content "Which one OS is better? CyanogenMod or COS?"
    Practically it was a funny thread because CyanogenMod and COS are the same OSes. Just the CyanogenMod got an upgraded name as COS that means Cyanogen OS and in the boot logo you could see the text Cyanogen MOD Ready.

4. How well do you know other mods and are they as optimistic about keeping the forums clean as you?
    @drmartin: I’ve gotten to know all the other mods very well - where they live, their partners and kids names, when they’re sad and when they’re happy. We’ve been through severe illness together, weddings, birthdays, graduations and so much more. The mods are truly a family, all of us are very different, but we have OnePlus in common, which brings us together, and together we all work better. Everyone is equally dedicated to keeping their area of the forum and forum as a whole clean and tidy, banning the spammers and sharing those little moments of joy with our fellow community.

5. On a scale 1-10 how much do you love your work?
    @PVS Kharoud: I will give it a Solid 8. I love what we do here and we have got an incredible team too. Yes sometimes it does get a little bland and tiresome but that's part of the it. You guys the community members can help make this rating even better by helping us maintain the forum and by being nice to other forum members ;)

6. Why did you become a mod?
    @pablomoreno: I became a mod because I wanted to be of help to the community: especially in the first years on the forum I had a lot of fun and I smiled a lot, I wanted to repay with the community for all that the forum had given me.

7. Does it bother you that cupcakes think you are working for OP and closing their threads for fun?
    @pikota: Of course yes.
    The works of us moderators should not be seen as "fun".
    Even though we are not an employee of OnePlus, we work with dedication and taste.
    Every day we give our best, our time to help the community and OnePlus grow
    Screenshot_20180918-095423__01.jpg

8. How much time do you spend in the forums as a mod? (optional) - and do you spend any time here as a casual user?
    @An.I.Am: As a mod as much as I can, it's not as much as some of the others mods but still I give it my best, between a study break or even a bus ride, if I have a little bit of free time and a reliable internet connection I'm on the forum closing threads, dealing with reports and so much more.
    It would be fun to have Toggl track everything and have the raw data :p
    As I user, a lot less than I used to. I spent my first months on the forum in the Italian community, we are talking about OnePlus One invite-waiting-months, wondering around and having fun with the others while waiting for an invite. After I got the one I stuck around for the custom ROMs and the modding community built around the OPO. In the meanwhile I became a moderator and started to know all this wonderful people that are this mods, and it's because of them that I spend a lot less time as a user on the forum, since I get my daily dose of OnePlus community through them on our Slack. :D

9. What do you have to do in general ? how did you become a mod? (to clarify what a mod is for cupcakes)
    @script: Do in general: Moderators usually are here to help. In most cases moderators are experienced users who simply know a lot about phones in general, and really a lot about OnePlus. So we can answer many questions. In my own case I have to confess, I have almost no idea about special deep android secrets, or rooting a phone, or how to get a better battery life. All I know is how to take pictures, and I like to structure things, make things easier to find, or to understand. That's why I personally focus on the photography section. That's the only section where I can give profound answers.
    Also I see my role, well, to moderate. Meaning, when sometimes the tone in a thread gets to, hmm, intense, I try to calm it down, to get the aggression vanish.. Of course moderators also have to remind users to follow the forum rules, in case they forgot them. And, very important, we keep the forum clean of spam. All in all: Moderators are there to help, and to keep the forum in a good shape and tone.
    I became a mod in the very beginning of the forum. Adam Krisko started, together with OnePlus staff members, the moderators team, and I was more or less the first German member, so I became the German mod. As simple as that. One or two weeks later @puma95 became also a mod and that's how it started. We were active and helpful members and have been asked by the OnePlus staff. That was in 2014. More members followed and the moderators team grew. We talk to each other daily in a mod-chat, together with David, Ruby and Crystal, who are three absolute brilliant people and are full of dedication to the community and to us moderators. All together, not forgetting the community and starting point experts and many helpful members who help to find problems, we as a big group, are rocking the forum. It's nice to be a part of that combo.

10. Explain why do you have to act in the way you acted (like rules, etc.)
    @SoniaB: That question is rather abstract. A lot depends on how you or others see me on the forum. I don't see myself as acting in a different way than in real life. I guess that those on the forum that have met me IRL can give an honest opinion on that.
    If there was any difference, then its swearing. IRL, I swear a fair amount. On the forum I try to be as polite as possible. So even if in my head I am thinking "what a **** or ******" That is not what I will be writing.

11. Which is better(as a food) cupcake or oreo?
    @camohan: Oreo anytime

[​IMG]

2. Maximus Decimus Meridius Lollipop Senior Moderator Sep 19, 2018

Stickied Post
    Maximus Decimus Meridius, Sep 19, 2018 :
    ha! aww thats sweet Ruby!

well, what do i love... ; i love all the happy and funny situations that can (and did) happen, including contests, but also some bullnonsense on offtopic-section.
    altho i do think discussion is a good thing, i see a lot of people have some strong and closed opinions, which is somewhat okay, but i hope people will get less triggered by other opinions. i know its not easy but some of my biggest wish for changes are mostly in the community for now. we can help eachother a lot by giving clear and EASY TO FIND info. not only to provide the correct info but also to keep redundant clutter out of the forum. :)

3. pablofg1978 Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Sep 19, 2018

Stickied Post
    pablofg1978, Sep 19, 2018 :
    jf1clfl1xz7x.jpg

4. Dresa91 Oreo Sep 18, 2018

Dresa91, Sep 18, 2018 :
    Thanks dude for managing this:)

Thanks to the mod-team to answer our questions:)
    And thanks to @Ruby G. to give us the chance for this thread:)
    Have all fun reading this:)

5. NeverGiveUpOnUrDreams KitKat Sep 18, 2018

thank you for helping me out

varma246, SoniaB, Sun90 and 13 others like this.
  6. eye842 KitKat Sep 18, 2018

eye842, Sep 18, 2018 :
    Awesome! Great read and good selections of questions :) Thanks to everyone involved.

varma246, SoniaB, OALEXANDER and 9 others like this.
  7. OALEXANDER Indian POC Assistant Head Moderator Sep 18, 2018

drmartin, varma246, SoniaB and 9 others like this.
  8. Plenkske Dutch POC Assistant Head Moderator Sep 18, 2018

Plenkske, Sep 18, 2018 :
    Nicely put together Q&A, thanks :)

What about an Oreo Cupcake :fearscream::yum::yum:
    PS. I thought you answered something else

drmartin, varma246, SoniaB and 11 others like this.
  9. Dresa91 Oreo Sep 18, 2018

Dresa91, Sep 18, 2018 :
    :D
    lets bake some :D

varma246, SoniaB, Sun90 and 6 others like this.
  10. Funk Wizard Lollipop Moderator Sep 18, 2018

varma246, SoniaB, Sun90 and 8 others like this.
  11. camohan Lollipop Moderator Sep 18, 2018

camohan, Sep 18, 2018 :
    I asked for the last question and thankfully it was not much technical. It was close to what I am in real life "foody" ...
    Great answers TEAM...!!

drmartin, varma246, SoniaB and 9 others like this.
  12. camohan Lollipop Moderator Sep 18, 2018

camohan, Sep 18, 2018 :
    Yes I did answer something else, but recollected I had this last week so could not lie....:p

3333.png

drmartin, SoniaB, Sun90 and 9 others like this.
  13. Dresa91 Oreo Sep 18, 2018

SoniaB, Sun90, script and 4 others like this.
  14. Plenkske Dutch POC Assistant Head Moderator Sep 18, 2018

drmartin, Sun90, OALEXANDER and 7 others like this.
  15. Pradeep@1+ Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 18, 2018

SoniaB, Sun90, script and 5 others like this.
  16. pikota Lollipop Moderator Sep 18, 2018

17. NeverGiveUpOnUrDreams KitKat Sep 18, 2018

thanks guys

SoniaB, Sun90, OALEXANDER and 7 others like this.
  18. G_plusone Lollipop Sep 18, 2018

varma246, Sun90, Ruby G. and 6 others like this.
  19. Zaphodrocks Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 18, 2018

varma246, SoniaB, G_plusone and 4 others like this.
  20. gaster KitKat Moderator Sep 18, 2018

drmartin, varma246, SoniaB and 7 others like this.
  21. Dresa91 Oreo Sep 18, 2018

Dresa91, Sep 18, 2018 :
    Great to hear:)

SoniaB, Sun90, G_plusone and 3 others like this.
  22. NeverGiveUpOnUrDreams KitKat Sep 18, 2018

hey what about me ??????

Thanks anyway
    glad you enjoyed

Sun90, G_plusone, Aks41179 and 5 others like this.