120 Hz Fluid Display Quiz: Win a OnePlus hoodie!

1. StopItRawr
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 21, 2020

StopItRawr , Jan 21, 2020 :
    Well, it'll need to be a film or TV show that is tuned for HDR 10Bit.

So Our Planet 2 on Netflix would work. Nature shows are always great tests for a display and this is 4K and Dolby Vision. This would show exactly what the thing can do.

Helder_DAlmeida and dsmonteiro like this.
  2. StopItRawr

Disenchantment is 4K but not HDR on Netflix.

So is still 8bit only, I'm afraid. No Dolby Vision to show off the extra colour space.

dsmonteiro and B.I.T.S. like this.
  3. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 Jan 21, 2020

B.I.T.S. , Jan 21, 2020 :
    But still there will be a difference? :rolleyes:
    If not the space documentaries plan is still up, hopefully, someone has made at least one with enough quality to be played in such device :D

4. SWAPPYONE
    Honeycomb Jan 21, 2020

SWAPPYONE , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray , Jan 21, 2020 :
    Day 2:
    Well it's kinda though but if keeping this really simple:
    (I'm a bit old school so here we go)
    1. Avatar-I just can't get enough of the amazing story line and out of the world graphics and VFX effects which were ahead of time then just as OnePlus sets new records with their new screens.
    2.Avengers Endgame: My eyes all on the legendry Tony Stark(aka Iron Man 'whose got a heart as well [e]1f601[/e]') that is Sir Robert Downey Jr. (Oneplus brand ambassador) in full action on breathtaking 120Hz experience.

#CantGoBack
    #NEVERSETTLE

Helder_DAlmeida and Praty_28 like this.
  5. Reub
    Froyo Jan 21, 2020

Praty_28 likes this.

6. Helder_DAlmeida likes this.
  7. mirvsbek
    Cupcake Jan 21, 2020

Helder_DAlmeida likes this.
  8. Y1572155689309
    Cupcake Jan 21, 2020

Deactivated User likes this.
  9. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Jan 21, 2020

superplus , Jan 21, 2020 :
    Seeing as probably not everyone "discussing a bit more" is necessarily likely to own said screen at any point in the future... shouldn't it be "what would be..." :rolleyes:

or perhaps it's a trick question :p:cool:
    and the answer is "nothing, because I won't have this screen :("

unless... if you were to stick your hand into the hoodie, you would find... :eek::eek::eek: a picture of the screen ;-p oh you troll you! stahp it!
    but if I were to have said screen, I don't know what the first thing I'd watch would be. Ain't nobody got time these days to watch stuff. Have a number of films that I'd still like to see (the list grows faster than I can cross them off), but it'd be hard to pinpoint at what stage I'd be in at the time... such a tough question. if only there were a community consultant that could help with making easier questions :D

because also, who knows what series/films will be released before this screen sees the light of day :confused:

have I discussed enough yet? :rolleyes: yes, I know, everyone wants me to stop already, even though I might not have given a definite answer, but whether it even exists is up for discussion I'd say...
    right, that's it, I'm settling this once and for all: I'd watch "OnePlus: The Movie" featuring a handsome community consultant wearing all sorts of interesting headgear :cool::D

You know what is missing from this picture? Me wearing the hoodie you so kindly gifted me after laying your hands on the new and improved upcoming one :cool: How chivalrous of you.

Actually, I discovered yesterday that paranoiacally wasn't just some word I invented. It exists. At least according to the browser's spellchecker, since it didn't get the little red line underneath it. So there, there is my gift to you. My thank you gift. For your beautiful hoodie. Even if it was unwashed... :rolleyes:

10. B.I.T.S.

When you're wearing the hoodie while reading this and you stick your hand in the pocket... Just in case. :rolleyes::p

11. PranavaRastogi
    Gingerbread Jan 21, 2020

PranavaRastogi , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray , Jan 21, 2020 :
    I would watch Our Planet on Netflix
    Because I hope it will make Earth look greener and more beautiful than it is !!

12. guzimanis
    Eclair Jan 21, 2020

guzimanis , Jan 21, 2020 :
    Since I believe the 4th season of Money Heist will be out at the beginning of April, I'll watch that first on the new display. All the action and explosions will probably look soooo good on that new 120Hz screen!

13. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Jan 21, 2020

dsmonteiro , Jan 21, 2020 :
    You've been hanging around with @Cheetosdust way too much.

14. StopItRawr

Yes, that's the whole point of HDR10 (Dolby Vision can go to 12bit, but the OP 8 obviously is 10bit).

If you're not using the HDR colour spaces for production, the fact that the phone can show a billion colours is irrelevent if the content hasn't got a billion colours to show!

15. SWAPPYONE
    Honeycomb Jan 21, 2020

This feels almost surreal thing to Experience in person.
    As of now I'm just so busy imagining the way a fight scene or game play would look like on this amazing piece of teach.

16. B.I.T.S.

Hmmm I see... Thank you for the explanation!!

17. mehulgupta462 , via OnePlus 5T Midnight Black , Jan 21, 2020 :
    'the test' upcoming series on prime video

18. pednekardarpan
    Donut Jan 21, 2020

pednekardarpan , Jan 21, 2020 :
    Even i want oneplus Hoodies.....[e]1f60d[/e]
    Oneplus is just Awesome...OP just knows how to take care of its customers
    Been a loyal Customer of Oneplus
    First Oneplus 2 and now upgraded it to Oneplus 7T
    Always going to be a part of Oneplus
    Love Oneplus[e]2665[/e]️ #NeverSettle

19. Reub
    Froyo Jan 21, 2020

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020

20. SWAPPYONE
    Honeycomb Jan 21, 2020

Impersonal

Indeed it is , a decision everyone will have to make in the settings...
    View attachment 1236192

My speculation is that most users will just select 90 or even 60 ... after the novelty of it wears off​

I agree really would kill the batteries unless OnePlus has really optimised them to run quite well on these 4000 mAh batteries.
    Or some under hood secret /Mantra/recipe that OnePlus is cooking before 8 series launch.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020

Deactivated User likes this.