120 Hz Fluid Display Quiz: Win a OnePlus hoodie!

1. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jan 22, 2020

G_plusone , Jan 22, 2020 :
    240 Hz sampling rate :p
    Good Touch Response
    Color Uniformity
    2K resolution :p

2. rarog
    Lollipop Assistant Head Moderator Jan 22, 2020

rarog , Jan 22, 2020 :
    I tried it about 2 or 3 times. Same with cardboard. It's nothing more than overhyped short-lived proof of concept.

3. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Jan 22, 2020

luigimario , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Oh, I'm sure you can think of "something" to watch on that VR set ;)

4. rarog
    Lollipop Assistant Head Moderator Jan 22, 2020

5. gufoman88
    Froyo Jan 22, 2020

Deactivated User likes this.
  6. Harsha_PV
    Eclair Jan 22, 2020

Deactivated User likes this.
  7. thoma_hawk
    Gingerbread Jan 22, 2020

thoma_hawk , Jan 22, 2020 :
    I couldn't participate in discussing earlier. But better late than never. I'm not sure if I ever wished for a high refresh rate display. It is nice, yes. But I can't think of many instances where it would be useful for me. If it can do wonders without gobbling up the battery then I would definitely like to have the surrealistic animations and scroll (which 90Hz is giving me already, or that is what I thought). Movies, I didn't like 60FPS Hobbit, so I don't think I would enjoy those. For serious gaming, nah, I need a console or PC to actually enjoy a serious game. In a phone, I usually play board, turn based or the silly ones.

About the color accuracy and color reproduction improvements (the world best title?) and what would I first watch? To be honest, I would be excited to have a color accurate display but I don't think it is going to marginally improve my experience. In my side of the world with the kind of connectivity I have, I am a lot happy with what OnePlus has already. I don't think I'll have the right content for make the best use of this new improvements.

I guess I'm being to pessimistic about this and not seeing the bright side of this. Wish the camera also would be a lot improved to compliment the display (work on that please :'( )

8. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Jan 22, 2020

Cheetosdust , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Hah, I got mine way after the launch event - I believe it was part of some raffles. :cool:

I like it because it's related to OnePlus, so it's a nice item to have. But yeah, I wish I could Half-Life: Alyx on it. :p

You guys sure are giving "Fluid Display Quiz" a new meaning. :smirk::smirk:o_O

9. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Jan 22, 2020

luigimario , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Ahaha! Good one! I was going to throw @David Y. under the bus with a screenshot of his app drawer, but I think we'll just leave it at this :p

10. manuel19
    KitKat Jan 22, 2020

manuel19 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Let's be a bit unrealistic here. I expect from a display this beautiful, to never leave me again. Imagine dropping your phone and the screen shatters. You have to go back to an old phone with a 'regular display' again, making your eyes literally cry.

So what about undiscovered scratch and drop resistance, so one would never have to worry about this anymore? :D :p

Even if that's not a thing, I still don't expect my screen to shatter, or get scratches. I think that's the worst thing to happen, to such a nice screen. I'd handle it with much care, so I'd never have to experience something like this. (At least I hope so)

11. Overzee
    The Showcase Reviewer Jan 22, 2020

Overzee , Jan 22, 2020 :
    What I would expect more from a display, besides a high refresh rate is a well-balanced life-like experience when it comes to colour.

cdnfarmer likes this.
  12. mokaeswar
    Gingerbread Jan 22, 2020

mokaeswar , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 22, 2020 :
    I expect a full display without any bezels or punch holes. A clean Fluidic Display.

However, from the leaks, I believe you're compromising on the best part.

13. Deactivated User
    Jan 22, 2020

Deactivated User , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Durability, yeah I don't mean in front of accidental damage like the one suffered by drops or hits, I just want to know besides the refresh rates, that the new displays are better suited in preventing the infamous "screen burns"

14. Lokesh Dutta
    Froyo Jan 22, 2020

Lokesh Dutta , Jan 22, 2020 :
    The smartphone display should be a true colors display doesn't modify the actual beauty of the colors. The display should be more efficient and consume low power. The display should be pleasant to eye. It also free from blue harmful rays which damage the vision.

dan_0272 likes this.
  15. OALEXANDER
    Nougat Assistant Head Moderator Jan 22, 2020

OALEXANDER , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Would love to watch one of the old Epic movie (Year 1960) which eventually was shot in both B/W and Color and see how the colors will look like.

16. Gertjan@
    Honeycomb Jan 22, 2020

Gertjan@ , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 22, 2020 :

dsmonteiro

Another day, another question!

Day 3: What do you expect more from a display, besides a high refresh rate?​

A colorful and almost borderless flat display without punchhole for camera. 🤗

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020

manuel19 likes this.
  17. OALEXANDER
    Nougat Assistant Head Moderator Jan 22, 2020

OALEXANDER , Jan 22, 2020 :
    - Good Touch Response
    - Better Screen which wont break so soon or fragile.
    - Good screen protection.
    - OLED Display ;)

18. AbhilashSaikia
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Jan 22, 2020

AbhilashSaikia , Jan 22, 2020 :
    1. Measures to reduce screen burn-in since after a year or so, status bar tends to be burned in at the top.
    2. Good outdoor visibility even in harsh sunlight.
    3. QHD+ resolution.
    4. High color accuracy.

19. dan_0272 , via OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren Edition , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Apart from high refresh rates the things are important for a smartphone display are
    • The quality of the panel used whether full hd or quad hd the screen should have a proper blue light filter and an OLED display panel ,
    • Should have an optimum contrast ratio which is one of the most important part for a display panel
    •Also the display should be bright enough to view under direct sunlight i.e. about 1000 nits which is one of the best brightness right after the iPhone's 1200 nits...
    •Also a less intrusive display is preferred i.e. without a notch or a punch hole display...🤓💭🤳

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020

20. StopItRawr
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 22, 2020

StopItRawr , Jan 22, 2020 :
    That's a good shout.

Mobile OLED has got better but we still haven't quite got to the point where outdoor viewing is comparable to indoor.

manuel19 and PKaiser like this.