120 Hz Fluid Display Quiz: Win a OnePlus hoodie!

1. PranavaRastogi
    Gingerbread Jan 22, 2020

PranavaRastogi , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Apart from High Refresh Rates, which in my case, plays huge role in user experience, I believe it's HDR & Resolution which elevates the rest of the experience !
    A 4K AMOLED Display with HDR 10+ support and 120 Hz Refresh Rate with no notch or bezel is my ideal best display !!

2. Joker12121
    Froyo Jan 22, 2020

3. Gatzon
    Eclair Jan 22, 2020

Gatzon , Jan 22, 2020 :
    A high resolution and very smooth and beautiful colours!

4. artlight
    Froyo Jan 22, 2020

artlight , Jan 22, 2020 :
    The display expects lower power consumption and brightness adjustment to weather conditions. Display that cares even more about our eyes.

Someone has already written it but it would be nice if nobody could see what I do on the display being next to me in, for example, public transport.

Of course, 120 Hz is an amazing refinement. I believe that Oneplus is going the right way.
    I have Oneplus 7 and I would like to experience the 120 Hz display with my own eyes.

5. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Community Expert Jan 22, 2020

cdnfarmer , Jan 22, 2020 :
    • Usability.
      • Like @luigimario said, no ghost touches.
      • In all light conditions (bright vs dim etc)
    • Durable. A screen that is even more resistant to drops and things scratching it.
    • Resolution. Higher dpi like @Cheetosdust said and nits.
    • A flat screen or something that a screen protector can easily fit.

B.I.T.S., TibiTibi, superplus and 6 others like this.

6. Bouncer71 likes this.
  7. devil112
    Gingerbread Jan 22, 2020

devil112 , via OnePlus 6 , Jan 22, 2020 :
    I expect more brighter more sharper display from all sides of viewing angles 😎

8. NotJustNothing
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2020

NotJustNothing , Jan 22, 2020 :
    I expect brighter screen with better and more vibrant colors, blacks look like black and whites are clear, pure and icy white instead of some creme white. I also expect 1440p or 2K resolution since OP has put only 1080p to most of its phones. Also after some time, for example your phones keyboard burns into the display and I hope OP somehow manages to make that not happen so easily.

9. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Jan 22, 2020

Cheetosdust , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Oh yes, you are correct about the nits. We know the new panel will have "a peak brightness of more than 1000 nits", but I'm still curious to see how well that will translate into everyday use. :)

10. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Jan 22, 2020

11. mehulgupta462 , via OnePlus 5T Midnight Black , Jan 22, 2020 :
    1. low touch latency for improving game experience
    2. Colour accuracy
    3.High resolution to fulfill the question of day 2 of watching series 'the test'

Deactivated User likes this.
  12. brian.sedore
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 22, 2020

brian.sedore , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Day 1: I am excited about a higher refresh rate, but I don't game on my phone. The videos should look cleaner though.

Day 2: I don't have any subscription based service on my phone, but with a higher refresh rate, watching sports should be a great experience.

Day 3: I expect a screen to be flat. I know that's probably not what you're looking for, but curved screens are not as enjoyable as a flat screen.

Cheetosdust likes this.
  13. Manav Bhagia

Manav Bhagia , via OnePlus 6 , Jan 22, 2020 :
    I know a lot of people are gonna dislike this , but in addition to a high refresh rate and high resolution, I honestly expect the display to have curved edges !
    It's one of the things I find extremely cool , as according to me it makes the phone look and feel futuristic and makes the display look really clean and bezelless . It's just something I always wanted but never had in a phone that I own. Again , this is my point of view and not everyone is gonna like this .....

14. JasmineScheid , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Day 3:
    In addition to the new 120 Hz Fluid display I would love to see even faster response to input from the touch screen. I have the 7 Pro now and while it is perfectly responsive now I would love to see what OnePlus can do going forward.

Deactivated User and Cheetosdust like this.
  15. brian.sedore

16. Larskon
    Gingerbread Jan 22, 2020

Larskon , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Day 3: What do you expect more from a display, besides a high refresh rate?

The resolution of the display should be at least 1080p. The color black should be very dark and not some shade of grey. White has to be clear and not lightyellow.
    It would be great if the display would be efficient, to improve battery life. Besides that I really love an uninterrupted display like the Oneplus 7 Pro. Which means that there shouldn't be a notch or some sort of hole in the display, because it always draws a lot of attention, while watching videos or anything else really. I would even prefer a continous top bezel over some sort of cutout.

colaboy and Cheetosdust like this.
  17. Wonderwoman13
    KitKat Jan 22, 2020

Wonderwoman13 , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Apart from the high refresh rate, I would like...
    1. Higher brightness level.
    2. Good resolution.
    3. Great colour reproduction.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020

18. GuitarHero0179
    Jelly Bean Jan 22, 2020

GuitarHero0179 , Jan 22, 2020 :
    For me a good display has accurate color representation and a good pixel count. I tend to watch quite some media on my phone so image quality is important

Cheetosdust likes this.
  19. charvester
    Donut Jan 22, 2020

charvester , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Day 3: What do you expect more from a display, besides a high refresh rate?

I would love for screens to stay notch-less. It gives the phone a cleaner look, and you can utilise more of the surface.

Overzee likes this.