120 Hz Fluid Display Quiz: Win a OnePlus hoodie!

1. luxuskamel
    Lollipop Jan 22, 2020

luxuskamel , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Like @cdnfarmer said it would be great to easily apply an all-screen-screenprotector. I find that one point that gets over looked pretty easily. Most screen protectors for nonflat screens are baaaddd
    Generally I enjoy a big screen in a not too big phone (OPO sized) with great colors, a good viewing angle, fullhd resolution is fine, etc and not a too high price (also for repair costs)

B.I.T.S., rarog, cdnfarmer and 6 others like this.
  2. SWAPPYONE
    Honeycomb Jan 22, 2020

SWAPPYONE , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray , Jan 22, 2020 :
    OMG , that's something worth showing off on CES maybe 2020 In Vegas what's say huh @YRJ ?[e]1f609[/e]

Impersonal likes this.
  3. WangGang
    Gingerbread Jan 22, 2020

WangGang , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but lower wattage display is something that would be great. The display of a phone drains the most power, and a more power efficient display would be excellent for battery life. It's not gimmicky and its something that ALL people would value.

colaboy likes this.
  4. drmartin
    Lollipop Moderator Jan 22, 2020

drmartin , Jan 22, 2020 :
    You're not getting lower power with more hertz. :(

Starcommander likes this.
  5. S1579615893438
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2020

6. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Jan 22, 2020

BobbyV8_ , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Crisp picture quality, close to reality colors, high brightness under sunlight

Well maybe sometimes be a nut cracker, never break, donot copy my fingerprints.. and survive washing machine rides, table top bungee- (cordless tho) jumps :p

B.I.T.S., Starcommander and Bouncer71 like this.
  7. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Jan 22, 2020

YRJ , Jan 22, 2020 :
    I doubt they can come up with something like that so quick, unless they were working on it ofc :p

8. superplus
    English POC Assistant Head Moderator Jan 22, 2020

superplus , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Ranked in no particular order:
    • Responsiveness
    • Unbreakability
    • Appropriate maximum and minimum brightness (be able to see the screen in broad daylight outdoors on a sunny day, but also not burn my eyes when looking at the screen at night in a dark room)
    • No ghost touches
    • Scratch-resistance
    • That it will be able to do my laundry for me
    • That is will feed the cat
    • That it will walk the dog
    • That it has the windmill @Cheetosdust mentioned. I've not even seen a mock-up of it, but after learning it could be an option, I want it. Neigh, I need it. We all need it. Bring it ASAP! Also via update to previous devices.

9. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Jan 22, 2020

10. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Jan 22, 2020

Impersonal , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Hit the nail on the head there ! Real screens don't have curves!☺️

11. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jan 22, 2020

Starcommander , Jan 22, 2020 :
    When highest brightness can help in outdoor visibility, lowest brightness helps my eyes in darkest room.
    I expect a display with a wider range of brightness steps, not only for outdoor conditions but also for night time.
    In technical words, we have almost achieved 1000 nits brightness, now it's time to achieve lowest nits possible!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020

12. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Jan 22, 2020

Impersonal , Jan 22, 2020 :
    ;)
    life-brian.jpg
    The other Brian that spoke the truth!

13. SWAPPYONE
    Honeycomb Jan 22, 2020

SWAPPYONE , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray , Jan 22, 2020 :

YRJ

I doubt they can come up with something like that so quick, unless they were working on it ofc​

Well basically OnePlus and many others derive their displays from Samsung and Samsung(Samsung M40) has this tech under their hood since I guess 2018 or maybe earlier too so yeah the hardware exists. But thing is will OnePlus implement that and embrace it?

Helder_DAlmeida likes this.
  14. superplus

Is this it? Is this the magical extra question we've all been waiting for? Do we get the hoodie now for discovering and answering it? :D:cool:

Omg yes! <3 This. This is my number one requirement for demand of any screen! Take note monty. I don't even need the screen to wash the dishes for me. As long as it's flat.

Exactly, it can't be stressed enough! :cool: I'm sure JerryRigE will take care of that part ;-p

15. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Jan 22, 2020

TibiTibi , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Sounds good.

It should be configurable based on apps/scenarios if it has impact on energy consumption.
    Without experiencing how it feels it is hard to tell what scenario will be improved.

I don't watch videos with long duration. Mostly youtube based content. Long term looking on small displays is not good for eyes. So i don't have any specific video to look at this occasion. But to check the beauty or capabilities i would look at some sample video showing the power of the display.

• Flat screen. (lower edge reflection, easier protection, immersive content)
    • Smaller round corners to have more screen space (apps with buttons in corners hard to reach)
    • Minimal vertical (on the longer side) borders.
    • Spacey borders on top and bottom for speakers, sensors, notification, rest place for fingers in gaming mode.
    ;)

16. superplus

And the winner is:
    All of the above please!

17. colaboy
    Gingerbread Jan 22, 2020

superplus and Impersonal like this.

18. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jan 22, 2020

Starcommander , Jan 22, 2020 :
    On a second thought, it's a point worth mentioning!

19. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Jan 22, 2020

Bouncer71 , Jan 22, 2020 :
    What...?

Never...

Never I say...!!!