120 Hz Fluid Display Quiz: Win a OnePlus hoodie!

1. Gaston NP
    Lollipop Moderator Jan 22, 2020

Gaston NP , Jan 22, 2020 :
    To have colors that respect reality.

B.I.T.S., Starcommander and Bouncer71 like this.
  2. knockharsh
    Eclair Jan 22, 2020

3. MosheG1
    Jelly Bean Jan 22, 2020

4. BhavyaMehta0786
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 22, 2020

BhavyaMehta0786 , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Definitely high brightness cuz mobile screens have sucked for a long time under direct sunlight, and quite possibly a screen which is almost perfectly calibrated without the slightest adjustments for a non tech enthusiast end user

B.I.T.S. likes this.
  5. colaboy
    Gingerbread Jan 22, 2020

colaboy , Jan 22, 2020 :
    we need to go back to basic at some point. you may grow to love it again.

superplus and Bouncer71 like this.
  6. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Jan 22, 2020

Bouncer71 , Jan 22, 2020 :
    you mean shrink to love it.. ;)

superplus and colaboy like this.
  7. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Jan 22, 2020

Cheetosdust , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Did.. did you just compile 90% of the forums into a single paragraph? :cool:o_O

Also: Neigh? Did you just call me a horse? :D:eek:

Also 2.0: For the people who are demanding flat screens. I bet you like sporks too, since it's evident you don't want any beauty in your life. Oh, what's that on the edge of my screen? Art. It's called art, you flat panels lovers stuck in the Industrial revolution. :D:D;)

And don't @ me. :p

B.I.T.S., rarog, cdnfarmer and 5 others like this.
  8. superplus
    English POC Assistant Head Moderator Jan 22, 2020

superplus , Jan 22, 2020 :
    :cool:

Why the long face? :rolleyes: Wait, is that why you have the beard :eek: there is actually more face behind it?
    Actually, that was in case @cdnfarmer fancied some horsing around :p it's good to let loose a bit after solving CORNundrums ;-p

Flat, flatter, flattest. Like pancakes, or... stroopwafels :rolleyes: or the earth. It's not art when playing a simple 2-d game makes you nauseous :confused: Plus it messes with navigation, accidental touches, whatnot. Though yes, I guess some art can make you feel nauseous o_O

what if it's @ccidental? :D

9. colaboy
    Gingerbread Jan 22, 2020

colaboy , Jan 22, 2020 :
    alright, I got you. @Cheetosdust I love flat screen [e]1f602[/e]

10. heuts048
    Gingerbread Jan 22, 2020

11. superplus
    English POC Assistant Head Moderator Jan 22, 2020

superplus , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Hey, who said anything about the size of the phone? Let's get back to that 20% screen to body ratio :D Imagine how long your battery will last, with having to power so much less screen, but still having such a huge battery inside your huge phone :cool: throwback wednesday to unlimited Nokia battery life days ^^

12. Bouncer71

So true...
    It's definitely art...

It's an art making out what's displayed on that curved edge in bright sunlight... ;)

13. X1572760087848
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2020

14. Bouncer71

probably would also help with those ghost touches...

Meh... Forget that...

Still believe @BeingIncog is just playing tricks on some user's.. ;) :D

15. Cheetosdust

Rembrandt
    Ohhhh-oooh-ohh, no you didn't! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Not going to lie, I lost it with the long face (with the long face, I didn't lose the long face!)

And not only this is a great joke, it made me question the invite I got from Mr. Consult-a-lot recently. He invited me to a new coffee house called "Glue Factory". :D:D:eek:

I believe **ahem** the end is neigh for me if I go to that coffee house. Nigh and Neigh. Oh what a talent I have. I just think of a joke and follow it. A "carrot and stick" approach, if you will. o_O

Maybe the purpose of art is to make the audience feel nauseous, therefore becoming part of the art piece?

You don't question the artist. You didn't question da Vinci, Michelangelo or Rembrandt. I don't understand why you are questioning the great Pei, a great renaissance man. :rolleyes::p

Or from the app. Oooook, who wrote that? :rolleyes: :D

It's part of the process. When you have an old Aston Martin that doesn't start 95% of the time, those difficulties become part of its allure. I love not being able to see the content just so I can appreciate the form (over function) when the screen is off. :p

16. VaibhavVJ1197
    Donut Jan 22, 2020

VaibhavVJ1197 , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 22, 2020 :
    We expect a Display which emits less blue light/blue light filter or some technology within a display which stops the blue light from entering our eye i.e not causing pain & stress/strain when we use it for hours or in dark

Helder_DAlmeida likes this.
  17. Bouncer71

hmm..
    As much as I would love it to be...
    But this is not an Aston Martin... ;)

We're talking about awesome features that a display should have and you like to look at it when it's turned off...??

Erm...
    That...
    Oh...
    Well...

I'm out of words... :D

18. cdnfarmer, Cheetosdust and superplus like this.
  19. Cheetosdust

All jokes aside, I honestly don't mind the curves on the OnePlus 7 Pro. It's a beautiful screen with a great design, but I do see some of the flaws it has, like it was already mentioned on the previous posts.

And I recently held a OnePlus 7T (not the Pro) and that's a great screen - I was surprised by just how better the whole feel of the phone and the quality of the panel is compared to the OnePlus 6T.

Like I mentioned, curved or flat, it's not a deal breaker for me. If the overall quality of the screen is great, that's the most important part. But yeah, I can see how some members really love or really hate the curved sides.

20. PTuT
    Jelly Bean Jan 22, 2020

Starcommander likes this.