120 Hz Fluid Display Quiz: Win a OnePlus hoodie!

1. A_rose_by_any_other_name
    Eclair Jan 22, 2020

A_rose_by_any_other_name , Jan 22, 2020 :
    For me it's all about durability. I don't want to have to carry my phone around like a glass baby, I want to be able to hold it comfortably without fear of scratching or cracking the glass (I'm looking at you pixel 2), or fear of destroying the phone if I check a text message in the rain (please IP rate the oneplus 8!!!). These are my main requirements of a phone after functionality

2. G_Rishabh_jain_hjuB
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2020

G_Rishabh_jain_hjuB , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Display should be crisp and very responsive and most important the NITS should be higher.

Helder_DAlmeida likes this.
  3. YajatGupta
    Froyo Jan 22, 2020

YajatGupta , via OnePlus 5 , Jan 22, 2020 :
    1. High Brightness and anti reflective screen which works well even in outdoor with sun right above.
    2. Color contract and correctness.
    3. And yes, an even more Pixel density and screen resolution preferably 1440p since 4k consumes too much battery.

4. CasianaVoicu
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2020

5. Adrian7TPro
    Eclair Jan 22, 2020

6. Helder_DAlmeida likes this.

7. Helder_DAlmeida likes this.
  8. SeanViper86
    Eclair Jan 22, 2020

SeanViper86 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Day 3: What do you expect more from a display, besides a high refresh rate?

* no throttling, no glitches, no overheating, is color accurate & calibrated, be able to render any images, videos, 3D, etc beautifully regardless of media type without error.

most importantly, No screen burn in or dead pixels within a short amount of time and be able to last the device's entire lifespan.

plus maybe amp the durability of the screen... with scratches at a level 7... and deeper grooves at a level 8. or just add a bit of Sapphire.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020

9. G_Parthiban_S_nPKo
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2020

10. guzimanis
    Eclair Jan 22, 2020

guzimanis , Jan 22, 2020 :
    I want a display with high resolution, maybe QHD or even QHD+, and a high brightness

11. johneebee
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jan 22, 2020

johneebee , Jan 22, 2020 :
    What I expect more from a display in the future is:
    1) to be super tough and only being able to take apart if that's the intention (for recycling)
    2) for the brightness (NITS) to go that high that no matter the amount of sun or brightness I'm in that I don't even notice my screen being harder to see
    3) and maybe one day foldability when it's ready for proper implementation ( when I don't have to sacrifice durability, width and/or battery-life)

Bouncer71 and Helder_DAlmeida like this.
  12. caffeinePlease
    Froyo Jan 22, 2020

13. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Jan 22, 2020

cdnfarmer , Jan 22, 2020 :
    You guys did it again @superplus and @Cheetosdust . Oh opps wait did I @ccidental @ you Cheetos. :p ok but seriously, you guys made me laugh so hard about the long face, flat screen /art, oh ok. Pretty much all. :D:D:D

Neigh. Btw they are very smart animal.
    Definitely need some horsing around;):D:D

btw avoid that coffee shop. Just the name doesn't sound like good coffee.

Here are a couple of long faces just for you @Cheetosdust. :pHopefully you are not so pale with the warm weather over there. ;)

IMG_20190803_115119__01_001.jpg

IMG_20190517_165901__01_001.jpg
    I guess I'm that old... :p

besides age.. or can say with age comes wisdom. ;) maybe.

It's also practical approach when very few or good screen protectors are available.

Don't get me wrong, I understand what you mean about the screen is nice and fits in hand better than OP6 but for other reasons already listed. Flat is nice too.

HHeheheh. :D:D:D:D a carrot sticks. I,'ll leave you with that carrot @Cheetosdust :cool::cool::D

14. harasis SINGH
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2020

15. Larskon
    Gingerbread Jan 22, 2020

Larskon , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 22, 2020 :
    I also thought about another screen feature I would like to see in the future: Better scratch resistance with sapphire glass. It should be JerryRig approved and only scratch at a Level 8 with deeper grooves at Level 9. ;D

16. e5p10nage
    Froyo Jan 22, 2020

e5p10nage , Jan 22, 2020 :
    In-screen biometrics and thin border margins.

17. manojgupta1992
    Gingerbread Jan 22, 2020

manojgupta1992 , Jan 22, 2020 :
    *Day 3*

Better color optimization & resolution. Plus less battery consumption by screen, especially when device is not in use/on Power Saving mode.

18. G_Leon00047
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2020

G_Leon00047 , Jan 22, 2020 :
    I would expect true to life color AND crystal clear text (I read alot of news on my device) and scrolling on my 90 hz display is already so pretty and has spoiled me a bit.

19. agoinfly
    Marshmallow Jan 22, 2020

agoinfly , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Just a mirror.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020

puccellino likes this.
  20. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Jan 22, 2020

Alvie , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Hmm, maybe Rick and Morty Season 4 then?