Other 15 day Return Request RMA USA -- Buyer pays return shipping fee?

1. Sixie
    Honeycomb Nov 24, 2018

Sixie , Nov 24, 2018 :

In my honest opinion, thats pretty normal.

should be lucky there is no Re-stocking fee which is also pretty common.

think of it this way... when you buy something at a physical store... and want to return it, you would go back to that store (either you drive there or take public transport or walk..) either way your paying to get there.

so pretty normal for them to ask you to pay for not wanting your purchase anymore, its a different story if ur RMA is due to defective device.

2. goadamn
    Eclair Nov 24, 2018

goadamn , Nov 24, 2018 :
    Yeah, I totally understand the cost of my return shipping the first time. It was a vanity exchange, it was my choice, and I was okay with that. While the world of companies like Apple, Amazon, Google, Walmart, and many other HUGE companies will pay for the return shipping regardless of reason; I understand OnePlus is not in the same tier and it makes sense they can't just eat that cost.

Having the desired phone arrive busted and needing to be returned just makes it all sting as a series of unfortunate events and makes that first return impact in a way that wouldn't have been felt had this phone arrived fully functional.

I tried using the Contact Support and Receive Email Response Within 24 Hours on Wednesday; it is now Saturday, and I still have not received a reply. I have tried using Chat and that has been unhelpful. I am definitely frustrated with a bit of this communication (or lack thereof) and it is influencing my decision as to whether or not to risk another phone. Will try chat again in a couple of hours if still no emailed reply.

3. jeremiah.s
    Froyo Nov 24, 2018

jeremiah.s , Nov 24, 2018 :
    Damn, I'm sorry for that man, that really sucks.

Just out of curiosity, what exactly was wrong with the purple phone?

@David Y. Maybe you can help this guy out?

4. keinschnikschnak
    Donut Nov 24, 2018

keinschnikschnak , Nov 24, 2018 :
    If you purchased your device using PayPal, you can get partial reimbursement for shipping costs. Give it a try.

5. goadamn
    Eclair Nov 25, 2018

goadamn , Nov 25, 2018 :
    Connectivity.
    The wireless will drop within seconds, sometimes it'll stay connected for a minute or two, but never longer than that. I have done multiple factory resets of phone, of my home wireless setup, and have tested at other locations outside of my home. Once the signal drops, the phone doesn't even see any wireless signals anymore. I need to fully turn off wireless, wait at least 10 seconds, then turn back on. At that point it will reconnect and then drop again.

The phone will also lose the data signal and the triangle icon which shows your signal strength will go hollow and empty and then come back with signal.

I have my podcasts and app store set to only download while on wifi and neither can update and have disconnected while in the middle of downloading/updating something.

it's been quite frustrating because, other than that, I have really been enjoying the OS. The fingerprint scanner is slick, the settings and hidden apps are nice. Overall, I really like this phone and hope to get this all resolved...

Attached Files:

6. NateDev
    Honeycomb Nov 25, 2018

7. F1543043182933
    Cupcake Nov 25, 2018

8. ALeija76
    Cupcake Nov 25, 2018

ALeija76 , Nov 25, 2018 :
    OP sent me a free Overnight shipping label for servicing. And they overnighted it back to me. Had my device back in my hands in 3 days total. No problems here...

goadamn likes this.
  9. jeremiah.s
    Froyo Nov 25, 2018

jeremiah.s , Nov 25, 2018 :
    Wow, that's very strange. I just activated my phone today (after almost a month of having it) and I haven't had any of those issues (also on the T-Mobile network). If you're having connectivity issues on both the WiFi network and on LTE, it's probably the phone. I would request to speak with a manager or etc., hopefully they have them at OnePlus support cause this sounds like a horrible situation to be in. Good luck man, hopefully you get this resolved asap!

10. scubus
    Cupcake Nov 29, 2018

scubus , Nov 29, 2018 :
    If you purchased a product from a brick and mortar store and decided to return the item, would you expect the store to pay for your gas to return a product to their store?

There are a few online stores who pay return shipping, but they are few and far between.

11. Borijess3
    Froyo Nov 29, 2018

Borijess3 , Nov 29, 2018 :
    I agree with the OP. I am going to through a similiar situation. I returned my 6T cause of a defect. I ordered this phone on the first of november. Had it for a week and returned it paying shipping and now going on two weeks without a phone. I think they need to stream line the process and not leave customers without a phone for such long time. I am waiting for my replacement phone when they should of sent me a replacement phone right away and I would ship the defective one back. Apple and Samsung give you a phone first then you ship defective one back with an included prepaid shipping label. They might put a hold on your CC but I am ok with that, rather than being without a phone for such a long time. I think OnePlus is a good company, but just like anyone other companies there is always room for improvement and customer satisfication should come first.

12. no drama alowd
    Cupcake Nov 30, 2018

no drama alowd , Nov 30, 2018 :
    Hey I too am beginning to see that one plus customer service is going to be a real issue..I ve seen this many times before and usually when theres good customer service u immediately recognize it..as u do when its bad..Well I have a phone that freezes completely when i use the camera app..pretty big deal id say..What has one plus done to give me the choice on what I can and cant do..Nothing..Ive tried chatting with them 4X and its almost comical..but i tell them my problem and they ask me to do this and that and this...But I keep saying I cant do anything when the phone has froze as it is unresponsive completely..Even attached a 25 sec video to show them what its doing..and what have they done to get in contact with me..Nada..Im pissed..There is absolutely no excuse for this in this day and age as there is way too many options out there for u to suck at ur customer service section..Which should be the top priority at any company..You should NEVER have to pay for shipping if the issue isnt on ur behalf..So OnePlus if u read this..Start listening to whats going on..Or ur gonna be sorry cause ur gonna lose alot of ur cust base..Im a lifetime iphone buyer..but wanted to try sumthing different..Well its different alrite..disappointingly different..

Tanner.Baku likes this.
  13. no drama alowd
    Cupcake Nov 30, 2018

no drama alowd , Nov 30, 2018 :
    Ur absolutely correct..Youve already invested in their phone so the least they could do for you is show u sum loyalty and send u a replacement out asap..I mean why all the baby BS..Pay for shipping pay for returns..dont send a replacement phone out etc..Hell jus get their payment info and if they dont return it when their original phone gets back to em then charge em..But dont leave people without phones when the issues at hand are on ur end..You can do better!!!! I hope..Well people i hate to say this but I think we got one who customer service sucks..and they dont get it..So i hope either they get their crap together and start making this stuff right or people will leave as fast as theyu bought..I do..theres no excuse for this..

Tanner.Baku and Borijess3 like this.
  14. Tanner.Baku
    Cupcake Dec 1, 2018

Tanner.Baku , Dec 1, 2018 :
    This was similar to my experience as well. I actually just are returned a phone that I bought from B&H Photo that has a 30 day return policy had a pre-paid shipping label and I received a full refund on a phone that had nothing wrong with it besides I bought the wrong one.

I had my OP6T(bought directly through them) for one day and initiated a return due to front camera not operating and crashing. Easy day right. After I got my number I received an email one day later telling me if I dont reply within 3 days (not 15) they will cancel my RMA, so I replied. 1 day later I was told to provide OP a tracking number (highly unnecessary) which I paid another $20 for. Bottom line this was a total BS process, extremely untrusting and pushy service. Immediately got my request from a replacement to a refund as to not deal with this company again. Seemed like a nice phone but sub par build and customer service led me elsewhere. Good luck!

15. no drama alowd
    Cupcake Dec 20, 2018

no drama alowd , Dec 20, 2018 :
    Now see if that is the case..then how can one plus customer service be anything other than less than.. I had an issue where my phone was freezing and upon doing so would be out of commission until the battery died.and would do this when in the camera app randomly..now my 6t charging port is already cutting out or it's the brand new type C that came with the phone but in order for me to charge the phone I have to manually push in and up and holdthe charging cable..I've had the phone a month..and how does that get fixed. I have to pay to ship it to them because of their faulty equipment..come on..doesn't make sense..I don't have a problem with paying for it..but upon seeing that I have a real defect with the phone I would hope the shipping fees were reimbursed..cause again I wouldn't be entertaining the idea of sending my phone in if there was no issue..so I'm gonna contact them and find out what my options are..

16. doptas
    Eclair Dec 22, 2018

doptas , Dec 22, 2018 :
    Oh, why just gas? We would like them to pay for brand new tires and the broken windshield too!

Have a great day!