18:9 screen problem when gaming on 1+6

1. bin030bin Eclair May 29, 2018

bin030bin, May 29, 2018 :
    Hello guys,

I changed to 1+6 from old 1+3.
    Now i got problem of gaming.
    Because the 18:9 screen ratio.
    Some game can't display full image.
    The system will automatically fit the vertically, but will cut the edge of horizontal picture.
    So when gaming , the screen will miss the info on the side.
    There are now way to adjust that.
    For example,
    Clash royal will still display original 16:9 , and shows black on the top and bottom.

1527614673458.jpg

Dragon project shows 18:9, but the original display is 16:9, the system automatically enlarge the picture, fit vertically. But no place to show the full pixel horizontally .

1527614658574.jpg

Anyone knows how to resolve the problem?
    Thanks

2. WarGod1842 Gingerbread May 29, 2018

WarGod1842, May 29, 2018 :
    I guess it's time you should join the developer community as well. And yes, I'm facing the same issue. hope we get an update or fix for this .
    thanks for pointing out :)

3. sumanzzsonu Donut May 29, 2018

sumanzzsonu, May 29, 2018 :
    what is developer community

4. bin030bin Eclair May 31, 2018

Nigol likes this.
  5. humannature Honeycomb May 31, 2018

humannature, May 31, 2018 :
    i think the game developers should handle this problem not the oneplus... i have played asphalt and modern combat, these games never face sich issues...
    raise this issue with the game devs and see what they have to say

G_David_Gunner_rZAR likes this.
  6. SolsticeZero Honeycomb May 31, 2018

SolsticeZero, May 31, 2018 :
    Developers need to start coding their games to scale to their proper aspect ratio. Final Fantasy Brave Exvius stretches the game vertically and it looks awful

[​IMG]

MentalDraco and Nigol like this.
  7. G_David_Gunner_rZAR Ice Cream Sandwich May 31, 2018

G_David_Gunner_rZAR, May 31, 2018 :
    yes I believe you must give the game developers time to update the coding for the OnePlus 6 devices. after all OnePlus 6 has only been released for about a week now. I'm sure if the game developers are interested in holding the attention of Gamers they will address these issues but you need to make them on the developer websites for the games

8. Nigol Cupcake Jun 2, 2018

Nigol, Jun 2, 2018 :
    It seems the Oneplus 5T had a compatibility toggle to force an 16:9 aspect ratio. This needs to be added again, because yes the dev should be doing better, but Oneplus should still had an option to force it. How many games/apps that exists that could have a problems like that? More than a couple that is for certain, there could be apps that have been abandoned etc. One dev (Oneplus) could fix the problem that all these had by simply adding an already existing feature.

You can't ask potentially millions of dev to updated their apps for 1 phone (which is 19:9 not 18:9, it is the only model like that). Which is what I am afraid, some apps will be updated, but some never will. It is also them who decided to go with a 19:9 aspect ratio, so if apps look funny, most people would blame them for messing up somewhere. For example my friend Moto G6 (18:9 screen) displays Brave Exvius perfectly with black bars on top and bottom. So why is it that the Oneplus 6 looks like that? Is it because of a feature of their ROM or did the app get updated for 18:9 aspect ratios but not 19:9?

It is also sometime not as glaring a problem has stretched aspect ratio, some games have parts of the screen cutoff (Lara Croft Go), some I had duplicate sprites (Smurf Epic Run).

So yes dev should be doing a better job, but ultimately it is a problem that Oneplus needs to fix, asking for dev to just fix their app isn't really a solution.

Note: Lara Croft Go for example has last been updated in April 2017, do you really think that they will update their app for 1 new phone model?

9. G_David_Gunner_rZAR Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 2, 2018

10. tanishkrajsingh Cupcake Jun 2, 2018

11. G_David_Gunner_rZAR Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 2, 2018

12. Nigol Cupcake Jun 2, 2018

Nigol, Jun 2, 2018 :
    Not a bug, but a feature request. A feature that existed on their last model and was there for a reason.

13. Wuhfel Honeycomb Jun 2, 2018

Wuhfel, Jun 2, 2018 :
    1527919062687.jpg
    Clash Royale looks great on mine. All you have to do is enable fullscreen mode in settings; Display>App Display in Fullscreen. I have this enabled for certain apps.

This doesn't cut anything off.

I might not be understanding your point though.

14. bin030bin Eclair Jun 2, 2018

bin030bin, Jun 2, 2018 :
    I reported the issue to the game dev already. But o don't know how they can fix it. If they need to do some adjustment specially for oneplus 6, then i think i may need to wait for a long time.
    If the game adjust for all 18:9 phone all in once, i think the problem will solve soon.
    I don't know if oneplus rom can do something about it.

15. Nigol Cupcake Jun 9, 2018

Nigol, Jun 9, 2018 :
    I can confirm that after the update to 5.1.6 Brave Exvius is fixed when set in Default mode.