2 amp charger?

1. Toon10
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 15, 2015

2. blikie
    Gingerbread Apr 15, 2015

blikie , Apr 15, 2015 :
    The phone takes around 1amp while the screen is on charging. Only when the screen is off does it jumps to around 1.9amp also only if ur on official charger. Other charger can perform less then average.

3. the_man550
    Eclair Apr 21, 2015

the_man550 , Apr 21, 2015 :
    Since installing Cm12 I've been experiencing very slow charging speeds; I too seem limited to 1A (or, according to blikie's post, at least while the screen is on). I've read that there was previously (almost a year ago) a bug which caused slow charging; might CM12 have brought that back?

Mine's definitely charging slower now than a week ago (pre-update). A ten minute charge only gives me a few percent. I've been charging for over an hour currently and I've gone from 10 to 40%, which I would have expected to be at least 70% by now. That's a 50% difference in charging speed, meaning that perhaps it is indeed charging at 1A... Might some setting be keeping it at "screen-on-speed" perhaps?

4. stevenching
    Honeycomb Apr 21, 2015

stevenching , Apr 21, 2015 :
    copy that. i have a current tester and can definitely confirm that the OPO charges at 1.9A when the screen is off. this app is a very nice tool to have, but it doesnt show the charging rate when the screen is off.