Eclair Dec 15, 2015

4. lostLambda
    Lollipop Dec 15, 2015

lostLambda , Dec 15, 2015 :
    Isn't that a Utah/Texas kinda thing? :D

5. lostLambda
    Lollipop Dec 15, 2015

lostLambda , Dec 15, 2015 :
    Within who's domain, the sun never sets?

6. louistong2
    Eclair Dec 15, 2015

louistong2 , Dec 15, 2015 :
    brother, when you cross a country, you're connected to a different provider ! thus, roaming charges.

lostLambda likes this.
  7. LorenzoSommaruga
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2015

LorenzoSommaruga , Dec 15, 2015 :
    You are right, but this is not solving the big issue (BUG) about self activation of data roaming, and this is costing a lot to a lot of people
    Cheers

8. marcomp
    Donut Dec 15, 2015

marcomp , Dec 15, 2015 :
    >> i don't know but if you get charged 25€ for mere splitseconds of data connectivity i highly doubt you will ever really want to use it. What about switching carrier/changing your contract (sounds to me like your contract is ancient)

With my contract if I travel, let's say, to the USA, I pay 20€ the first byte. Then I have 500MB for the rest of the day. So, I might totally think about using data in the USA if I need it - but only if I really really need it.

9. LorenzoSommaruga
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2015

LorenzoSommaruga , Dec 15, 2015 :
    Hi, this happened also to me, OnePlus Support suggested me exactly the same about one month ago, but because I had a two weeks old OPT it would have been a waste of time to do a Hard-reset.

I just waited for an upgrading of the system, but unfortunately this happened again few days ago: the roaming data connection spontaneously started some data exchange although the roaming data was OFF.

This is clearly a BIG BUG of the operating system that seems happening going abroad or living crossing the border when it maybe the phone change various times the data carriers.
    The only safe solution for me is to keep not only the roaming data off, but also the whole data connection OFF, activating it only when I am sure to have no roaming.

billy_boolean likes this.
  10. louistong2
    Eclair Dec 16, 2015

louistong2 , Dec 16, 2015 :
    exactly, the problem here is not the splitsecond charges, some of us stayed long without knowing it, and only discovered the problem after isp bombarded us with sms warnings. the issue is the fact that there is a loop that is not yet fixed!!!

billy_boolean likes this.
  11. louistong2
    Eclair Dec 16, 2015

same here lorenzo, i couldnt be arsed to hard reset my phone given that i have been using it for a while, and hard resetting would not change the fact that there is/was a problem. the issue must be addressed and they must fix this ASAP.

like i said, ive been on flight mode every time i get out of town. I take a spare phone too. what a joke? what was the whole point queueing for our loved OP2. and where is our customer-oriented company??

12. lostLambda
    Lollipop Dec 16, 2015

lostLambda , Dec 16, 2015 :
    We don't have that here in 'Murica :D

13. louistong2
    Eclair Dec 16, 2015

'Course u are in 'Murica. I could tell lol. Try getting to the Canada or Meh-hee-koh border. U'll get a taste of our problem here :oops:

lostLambda likes this.
  14. targy82
    Donut Dec 16, 2015

targy82 , Dec 16, 2015 :
    Hi to all...
    i read the subject matter and some pages, not all.
    So even if you switch off the data during roaming (one of the sim card), it's still charged?

15. aryanisno1
    Donut Dec 16, 2015

aryanisno1 , Dec 16, 2015 :
    Roaming data? I thought data always goes out to roam.

16. louistong2
    Eclair Dec 17, 2015

louistong2 , Dec 17, 2015 :
    yes thats exactly whats happening.

17. louistong2
    Eclair Dec 17, 2015

louistong2 , Dec 17, 2015 :
    Hey fellow victims, i'm gonna share my log and see what they can do. Still, i am shocked that no admins checked in here yet....

Hi Louis,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Since you have checked everything, could you please cooperate with us to catch the log file to report issue of your phone.
    Please reproduce the issue, and then begain to follow below steps. Cause the log is taken from the latest steps.

a. First, you need to enable the developer options. Setting> About phone> Build number (Tap seven times)

b. Setting> Developer options> Enable USB debugging.

c. Then you can have “take bug report”, press it and choose “report”, at this time, you can try to connect WIFI. After 5 mins, you will get a notification to ask you to share the log, then you can share with us.

We also need the OS building information of your phone and what SIM card it is in now. Thanks.

Regards,

Yoyo

18. Adam Krisko
    User of the Year 2013 Dec 17, 2015

Adam Krisko , Dec 17, 2015 :
    I am and have been aware of your complaints, we are investigating the issue. It's one of the reason CS is asking for a log file from you. :)

chuwfan84 likes this.
  19. capichef
    Cupcake Dec 17, 2015

capichef , Dec 17, 2015 :
    Well, better late than nothing... Do your best and keep in mind that some of us had already lost more than 100$ on this bug!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015

20. louistong2
    Eclair Dec 18, 2015

louistong2 , Dec 18, 2015 :
    yes better late than nothing, quite late though, we've been waiting for a response from you admins.

and btw, if it weren't because i was persistent, your cs wouldn't ask me for my logs.

So make sure the issue is fixed ASAP so that we can really fully optimize and make real use of the phone.

And you have to compensate us, there are not many, but not few of us either. It should not be a big sum for you. It'd be a big let down if you keep overlooking our requests and not find a way to put back a smile on our face.

capichef likes this.