1. MarkoBatrac
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 29, 2019

MarkoBatrac , May 29, 2019 :
    haha, like this :)

Cheetosdust likes this.
  2. MarkoBatrac
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 29, 2019

MarkoBatrac , May 29, 2019 :
    really ? Atm I am getting 2 days without charging. 90 hz and automatic resolution, automatic brightness.

LukaszRudnicki likes this.
  3. T1558421455941
    Eclair May 29, 2019

T1558421455941 , May 29, 2019 :
    Well IMO the most important "signature feature" is the lack of notch or hole in the screen. I don't care that much about the 90hz or that the resolution is higher than 1080p(+), although I'd probably use it when I get the phone.

manuel19 likes this.
  4. manuel19
    KitKat May 29, 2019

manuel19 , May 29, 2019 :
    Also, don't forget to add that the calibration and the colors of the screen, minimum and maximum brightness, etc. are still as awesome ;) Used the phone yesterday on fhd60 as well to see how much better it is, and battery life is HEAVILY improved. You really don't have to care about battery anymore, and the device is still amazing. Sure, it's a major difference first but after a while you get used to 60hz again and everything feels fluid again. And also don't forget the better haptics you get on the pro. :D fhd is totally not a big difference, 60hz is acceptable and everything else is dope as well, and battery life is amazing. True pro-tip for the days where you're not able to charge for a while and still use your phone

5. Tech Phoenix
    Froyo May 29, 2019

Tech Phoenix , May 29, 2019 :
    I dropped resolution to FHD+, but kept the 90hz on. Mine lasts me all day either way, but that 90hz is a joy to look at... I notice the difference between it and a 60hz panel.

6. G_Yoan_Andreev_NTin
    Cupcake May 30, 2019

G_Yoan_Andreev_NTin , May 30, 2019 :
    I'm with you OP. To me, there is no difference between 60fps and 90fps.

I have a dual monitor setup on my pc because I use it for school and for video games sometimes. Primary display is 144hz (was a gift) and the second display is 60hz. No difference at all to me.

7. szymi31
    Froyo May 30, 2019

szymi31 , May 30, 2019 :
    i took front camera off and installed toothbrush instead! what an refreshment to my OP 7 Pro!

Budruel likes this.
  8. G_Roberto_Bianchi_TVRE
    Froyo May 30, 2019

G_Roberto_Bianchi_TVRE , May 30, 2019 :
    I understood that the 90 Hz. is not always ON.
    By default it turns itself to 60 Hz. in several apps (and if necessary even less than 60).

I think that the best way to give your battery more SOT (if for you is a must to have it) is to keep the light a little dimmer. By dimming the light 10-15% you will not notice it so much but you will get easily 1 hour extra SOT.

Also, remember to keep your battery charged always between 20 and 80%

Avoid if possible to go over 80% but if from time to time you reach 100% is not a big deal.
    However, never go below 20%. That can damage the battery.

When the battery reach 10% it starts to deteriorate inside and if you go regularly until 5% or below, your battery could be useless in 1 year.

Also, remember that a new battery needs few cycles to give its best. I don't know how many times you charged it since you got your new phone, but give it at least 5 - 10 cycles and it will improve a lot.

In my opinion is not worth to be overly concerned about SOT, also because it depends on many factors, not the resolution & hertz only.

Just keep the battery between 20 & 80%, enjoy all the features of your phone (I would say especially the 90 Hz and 2K resolution) and before the phome reaches 20% give it a quick boost to 80% and don't worry to much.

If you do that, you will enjoy at best your phone and the battery will still be as good as new by the time you will sell it

9. G_Roberto_Bianchi_TVRE
    Froyo May 30, 2019

G_Roberto_Bianchi_TVRE , May 30, 2019 :
    You should be able to see the difference mainly when you are scrolling, otherways watching a movie (that usually shows 24 to 30 frames per second) you will not see any difference.

10. Sharma4216
    Gingerbread May 30, 2019

Sharma4216 , May 30, 2019 :
    This is the homework noobs need

11. pgrey
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 30, 2019

pgrey , May 30, 2019 :
    I turned off 90Hz really early-on, it's smoother, but not THAT much smoother, to me, and I also got a significant battery up-tick, about an hour or so (about the same as the review-tests).
    The high-density (PPI) screen was one of the whole reasons for the 7Pro thouough, coming from my OP6, and before that, numerous 1440 displays back into the mid-late 2000's, the OP6 was my first HD (not 4k) display, in a long time. I missed it, for sure, so I'm half-agreeing with @gerardvanschip
    It's all about use-case though, some of it depends on your eyes and such, my wife has a bit less sharp vision than I, at almost any distance, and she really claims she can't tell between 1080 and 4K, on a small display. To me, it seems dead-obvious, but one of my first roles was helping devs write display drivers, and I got addicted to high-density screens, WAY back, and it's always been a "thing" for me.
    I have two nice Viewsonic displays at my main machine (high-end, self-build PC, always that too, haven't had a pre-assembled machine since maybe 92, I bet...), too, sort of a splurge (about 900 all-in), but my displays tend to last at least 8-10 years, so it doesn't seem so bad, in that light, I spend a lot of time in front of them, if I'm consulting, WFH, etc.
    I'm definitely a bit of a hardware geek, most of my work has centered around h/w and s/w boundary driver/hardware coding, testing, debugging, and the like.

I really only notice the 60/90 when I'm paging through a lot of text on a web page, or a bunch of pics or really big PDF, assuming the phone's modem is able to keep up, otherwise 90 sort of "gets lost in the shuffle", by the data-refresh, IME.

12. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator May 30, 2019

camohan , May 30, 2019 :
    I love my 6T too.

akks, Cheetosdust and gerardvanschip like this.
  13. gerardvanschip
    Honeycomb May 31, 2019

gerardvanschip , May 31, 2019 :
    I did another video if 90hz vs 60hz at 480fps and I can totally see it, at 480fps. Naked eye? Only if a strain.

14. Stalker1984
    Donut Jun 1, 2019

15. juustomies
    Eclair Jun 2, 2019

juustomies , Jun 2, 2019 :
    i did. and put Lower resolution. still looks awesome. just to get more battery Life out of this device.

16. akks
    KitKat Jun 2, 2019

akks , Jun 2, 2019 :
    You should have seriously considered Asus Zenfone 6 if so much concerned about battery life... It's your choice, though!

17. juustomies
    Eclair Jun 2, 2019

juustomies , Jun 2, 2019 :
    otherwize i love op7plus but those thing i dont care as much aw battery life. big beautiful screen. stereo speakers triple camera were enought to me to purchase this over asus. and this nebula blue color. and os

18. Andrew rice
    Eclair Jun 2, 2019

19. Coastie
    Honeycomb Jun 3, 2019

Coastie , Jun 3, 2019 :
    add me to the crew who does not perceive a difference between a 60 and 90hz display. Maybe it's something genetic, like those who can't smell asparagus pee lol