20 watt dash charger with OnePlus 8

1. movielover76
    Eclair Aug 11, 2020

movielover76 , Aug 11, 2020 :
    I'm thinking of picking up a used mint OnePlus 8 I found online. only problem is it doesn't come with a warp charger. will my 20 watt dash charger work from my current 6T?

I usaully use a standard charger overnight as I don't need to charge fast then, but occasionally I do use the dash charger when I need to top up. I'm not worried about it not charging as fast as the warp charger. just want to make sure it will charge at 20 watts with my old dash charger

also note that all new Androids have to support USB PD charging. what speed would you get with a USB PD charger?

thanks

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020

2. W1508491554407
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2020

3. movielover76
    Eclair Aug 12, 2020

movielover76 , Aug 12, 2020 :
    thank you for confirming that. appreciated [e]1f44d[/e]

4. Cheezburgers
    Gingerbread Aug 12, 2020

Cheezburgers , Aug 12, 2020 :
    dash charging will charge at normal dash charge speeds on newer devices (although, it will say charging rapidly on the lockscreen bc of a name change due to legal reasons).
    starting from the 7 series, all OP devices support USB PD. however, the phones will probably charge at 15W due to the 5V charging OP devices typically charge at. If the charger is USB PD compatible then it should charge it up. I did my own research and found that USB PD speeds are similar to dash charge speeds (not as fast but close in speed)