2018 - a recap, and what 2019 will bring us

1. script Marshmallow Moderator Dec 31, 2018

script, Dec 31, 2018 :
    What is creativity, what is art? In my understanding, it's taking given things and combine them to a new thing. To a statement. Creativity is a statement.

In 2016 and 2017 the photography section was in a bad condition. It was like the open section now. A few pearls where hidden in a mass of single, often mediocre pics. The average member couldn't find the good, the great content. Many of us, who love photography, were very sad about that.

Also we moderators and David Yang were not happy with that, and we started to develop ideas to improve the situation in the middle of 2016. This resulted in the new photography section, which has had it's official start in January 2018, exact one year ago. My role was to push that development, as i don't know anything about Android or software or smartphones. The only field I can contribute is the photo and video department, that's why I have seen a niche for me. Many of us moderators gave input, David Yang made the final design, and then we had this fine section, which I am very very happy about, and also a little bit proud.

One great thing about our moderator group is, that we really do things as team. Many different interests and skills are working together, so that we reach goals, that a single person never could approach. We live the community idea, that makes us stronger than being only one person alone. In the photography section that power is also obvious.

In the past year many great theme threads, knowledge, tutorials, were created. Everyone can benefit from the swarm intelligence and learn from others. It's really a tremendous pool of creativity. I am super happy with that. We, as community, have developed all that out of nothing. That is simply great.

In the first year the monthly opening posts were a great opportunity to spread some philosophical ideas about photography and telling stories with pictures. I enjoyed it very much to give birth to that. Now a new year starts, and with that new year we as the photography community get an even wider insight to the knowledge and wisdom about taking pictures. From January on, the monthly opening posts will be written by the best people we have in our group. Isn't that great? I totally love it.

I always liked OnePlus and the never settle mantra because of the core idea: becoming better as a group. Step back from individualism and heroism, and enjoy the pure power of a large group. It's like a rockband. Mick Jagger or Keith Richards are great successful musicians, but are way higher as the Rolling Stones.

A group is powerful, when the individual skills of the group members get the opportunity to shine. Thats why I invited the photography elite to host the monthly threads in 2019. The start will be tomorrow, with the first monthly opening post 2019, held by...... You all will know him.

I am super happy with the development of the photography section, and I am looking forward to the posts to come. And to some great pictures, and some great edits. From our community.

Cheers, script

2. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Dec 31, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe, Dec 31, 2018 :
    Thank you for the wonderful recap!! I remember those days when the photography section was in turmoil. Fortunately, a few superheroes (our moderators) had ideas and those ideas flowed out of them and into this community.
    Super happy with the photography section so far!!

:D

3. woSch Lollipop Dec 31, 2018

woSch, Dec 31, 2018 :
    Thanks a lot @script for your input & to the other involved mods & @David Y. for developing the Photosection to a little 'juwel' in the Forum - just my opinion - I'm curious what we will see in 2019 :)

4. the_o2 Lollipop Dec 31, 2018

the_o2, Dec 31, 2018 :
    Thanks for this recap and thanks you so much for the Photography section :):)

5. Muhammed Naseel Eclair Dec 31, 2018

G_plusone, buntycubal and script like this.
  6. zayin Honeycomb Dec 31, 2018

7. otto2 KitKat Dec 31, 2018

otto2, Dec 31, 2018 :
    Thank you @script for the recap, for being a great moderator ,especially in the photography section, for all that lovely squirrel videos and pictures, for your constructive work and for--- knowing you and your wife personally.

Thank you, all you great photography enthusiasts, because without all of you the section would be empty and dead.

Lets keep this place interesting, inspiring and helpful for talented beginners.

For the next year, 2019, i wish all of you the best, great shots, good edits ( If needed ) ,a lot of fun and:

Stay healthy.

Otto

8. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Dec 31, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe, Dec 31, 2018 :
    You do the same my man :) Stay healthy, stay safe, keep bringing us some great shots, and hopefully we can meet again :)

9. Bouncer71 KitKat Dec 31, 2018

Bouncer71, Dec 31, 2018 :
    Thanks you for the recap and for the photography section in it's current state...!
    It evolved into the place to go/be....! 8D

Thanks to all of the wonderful people sharing their photos, expertise and enthusiasm...!

I wouldn't have appreciated the smartphone camera for what it is on my own before I joined here a little bit over a year ago...
    A camera that can shoot great photos if I work with it...
    Seriously, without you I'd probably still be bragging about how bad it is... ;D
    But instead you got me motivated to prove myself wrong and push the boundaries further... 8D
    This is one of my personal highlights of 2018...!

Looking forward see some mind-blowing pictures and inspirations in the various threads... 8D

2019 is going to be a marvelous year for photography with all it's aspects....!

10. buntycubal Lollipop Jan 1, 2019

11. script Marshmallow Moderator Jan 1, 2019

Bouncer71, woSch, otto2 and 2 others like this.
  12. G_plusone Lollipop Jan 1, 2019

G_plusone, Jan 1, 2019 :
    The Photography section looks a lot better Indeed. Thanks for the efforts for Mod team, OnePlus Staff and Users
    I still do report Single photo threads from time to time but not as bad as it was :D

The Tutorial threads by @NeVeR_SeTTLe @Bouncer71 @BobbyV8_ @Punk_69 other Forum buddies(whose I didn't mention) are really helpful for people starting Smartphone photography.
    Thanks to guess the picture players I guess i forgot to put a new Picture to guess again

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019

13. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jan 1, 2019

14. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jan 1, 2019

NeVeR_SeTTLe, Jan 1, 2019 :
    Thank you ;)
    I still need to do Part II od my tutorial, just didn't have time :( I'll try to do the second part this month

15. G_plusone Lollipop Jan 1, 2019

G_plusone, Jan 1, 2019 :
    That is sweet of you. :p Take your time
    No hangover

Bouncer71, woSch, otto2 and 1 other person like this.
  16. Sharinnn KitKat Jan 1, 2019

Sharinnn, Jan 1, 2019 :
    Thanks for the recap and the hard work. You're the best :)

I want to try and take more pictures and contribute a bit more. But first I need a better camera/phone. That's what 2019 will bring for me hopefully

script, Bouncer71, woSch and 3 others like this.
  17. otto2 KitKat Jan 1, 2019

otto2, Jan 1, 2019 :
    Oh, just check out some great postings shot on Oneplusone in the monthly threads or especially in the travel Photography thread and you ll see:- you don t need the way newest device. Most important is your very own creativity.

script, Bouncer71, TibiTibi and 4 others like this.
  18. Sharinnn KitKat Jan 1, 2019

Sharinnn, Jan 1, 2019 :
    thank you for the advice, I'll have a look and see what I can do :)

19. otto2 KitKat Jan 1, 2019

otto2, Jan 1, 2019 :
    You re welcome. Feel free to post your pictures in any approbiate thread.

script, Bouncer71, TibiTibi and 3 others like this.
  20. TibiTibi Marshmallow Jan 1, 2019

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019