2021 Earth day – Come Up with a Question and Win!

1. Jason Z.
    Community Trainee Staff Member Apr 7, 2021 at 1:00 PM

Jason Z. , Apr 7, 2021 at 1:00 PM :
    MicrosoftTeams-image.png
    Dear all,

For many years, OnePlus is committed “to be a healthier company that endures”, insisting on implementing sustainable practices in our operations as one of the core values of the company, and fulfilling our social responsibility to make the world a better one. With the global event “Earth Day” around the corner on April 22, we want to share a bit more about what we have been doing as a company to care for environmental protection.

In years of operation, we have:
    • Reflected the concept of environmental protection in each process of product design.
    • Conducted training and advocacy to improve corporate environmental performance.
    • Implemented strict control over hazardous materials in products.
    For more details, check out our 2019 sustainability report.

On this remarkable Global event, the OnePlus Community team is partnering with the Red Cable Club to celebrate Earth Day. The Red Cable Club is a club that aspires to give exclusive benefits, the best of rewards, and many more privileges to its members. For more details, check out this website.

RCC & Community will co-launch an Earth Day quiz through the RCC app on April 17, but first, we need your creativity to develop some of the questions on this quiz and help our community to raise awareness of environmental protection.

What you need to do?
    Please follow this link to submit your question suggestions, check the rules below to know what you need to follow when filling the form and coming up with your question.

The Prize
    We will be giving out 1 OnePlus Buds Z & 2 OnePlus Explorer Backpack Morandi Green, and you will have the chance to win one of them (PS: the Steven Harrington Edition is also available!).

In addition, for anyone whose question has been selected to be placed in the actual quiz, we will be updating some statistics (correct rate, number of answers, etc.) about your question in this thread and credit your name.

Rules
    • All questions must have a topic or subject related to Earth day (Reusable energy, Earth day facts, sustainability practice, etc.)
    • Questions are divided into Easy, medium, and hard difficulty levels.
    • You will need to submit one question for each of the difficulty levels.
    • We will randomly draw the winner from the records received in the Question collection form.
    • If you would like to attach an image for your question, please start a private conversation with me and send it directly. Photos must be original.
    • Attaching an image or submit multiple entries will increase your chance of winning.
    • Entries will be accepted until April 11, 11:59 PM IST, and the winner will be announced within one week of the completion of this contest.
    • Plagiarism is strictly prohibited. Any user found indulging in plagiarism will be disqualified and warned per forum rules.
    • Standard terms and conditions apply.
    Looking forward to seeing your creativity, and together, we will make our planet a better place.

If you have any questions regarding submitting your question, please start a private conversation with me.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2021 at 4:21 AM

2. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 7, 2021 at 2:02 PM

3. AbhilashSaikia
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Apr 7, 2021 at 2:38 PM

Jason Z. likes this.
  4. sumitMZ007
    Jelly Bean Apr 7, 2021 at 2:47 PM

Jason Z. likes this.
  5. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow Apr 7, 2021 at 2:58 PM

6. suhantm
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 7, 2021 at 3:15 PM

7. udaybhaskar22
    Donut Apr 7, 2021 at 3:19 PM

8. HarshKK14
    Honeycomb Apr 7, 2021 at 3:38 PM

HarshKK14 , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 7, 2021 at 3:38 PM :
    Good to see OnePlus talking on this topic. What OnePlus is actually doing for environment is unknown, since everything is done without public attention. I just wish OnePlus does something.

Normal consumers (majority of them) are the most ignorant people and do not worry about anything. They don't think of environment, recycling or anything. Until and unless these initiatives benefit them, they will remain ignorant. Here rises the importance of companies to stand up and ensure better environment. Solve the issues from where it originates. Since companies (manufacturers) are the major reason for environmental degradation, companies should work to ensure their products are least harmful to environment.

Maybe everyone is disliking the fact that Apple isn't including chargers in the box. Many believe that almost everyone will otherwise buy a charger, so there is no point excluding the charger. But I am still sure, maybe 1% people won't buy the charger and save money. This concept of saving is in the germination stage. Slowly and steadily, people will stop buying chargers and start saving. This will save both money and environment. So I agree what Apple did.

I live in Kolkata. According to various surveys, my city would be under water by 2050. This is alarming. Climate change is impacting me and my habitat. Is it impacting you?

I would ask a general question, not for the quiz. Just a simple question from me. Is the climate change impacting you? If not, will you bother doing anything for the environment??

9. TangSan
    Donut Apr 7, 2021 at 4:01 PM

I1604312672938 and Jason Z. like this.
  10. DarshanMeniya
    Jelly Bean Apr 7, 2021 at 4:13 PM

I1604312672938 and Jason Z. like this.
  11. SJBoss
    Lollipop Apr 7, 2021 at 4:32 PM

SJBoss , Apr 7, 2021 at 4:32 PM :
    Why use plastic frame on a $700 smartphone? it's neither sustainable nor premium. Why provide just 2 5G bands on Indian variants of 9 series? more 5G bands means better support in future and people would likely to use 'em over longer periods reducing e waste? Why keep wireless charging and OIS for 9t? upgrades over a short period of time makes products obsolete quicker than they're supposed to be and adds to the e-waste one way or another.

If they're ready to answer these questions I'll fill the form :rolleyes:

The best you guys can do is remove charger in the 10 Series just like Apple but with a more ridiculous lie :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021 at 4:42 PM

12. SJBoss
    Lollipop Apr 7, 2021 at 4:54 PM

SJBoss , Apr 7, 2021 at 4:54 PM :
    Sir I get your concern, but please know this Apple not including a charger will only impact the environment in a negative way and increase waste this has been said and demonstrated by many people, It's nothing more than corporate BS (Just like whatever this is OnePlus going to do) to make more profit.

Corporate gives 0 fcuks about anything as long as they're making profit. The only way you can bend corporates is by strict laws Just like EU consumer laws.

If you wanna change it.
    1. Do what you can on your own. (Buying expensive "eco friendly" stuff isn't one of 'em.)
    2. Elect better and educated representatives and force governments to form strict laws that benefits environment at earliest.

13. sumitMZ007
    Jelly Bean Apr 7, 2021 at 4:55 PM

sumitMZ007 , via OnePlus 6 , Apr 7, 2021 at 4:55 PM :
    When there was 7 months lockdown in my city the ,Air quality become excellent and I could see the stars in the sky which were mostly hidden due to air pollution! These 7 months period was like rejuvenation of environment! River water become clean , Birds were around, even some migratory birds come 1st time in my city, These month period was bad for human but excellent for nature! Industrial work was closed so no air pollution, water pollution, roads were empty so pollution by vehicle were also reduced! By 2050 the earth will be a different place ! A better one or bad one, all depends on our top industrial leaders and Politicians ! Because politicians can form rules and regulations and industrial leaders can bring alternative ways to reduce pollution! I think Electrical vehicle will do some good to environment in some ways!

SRD. likes this.
  14. SRD.
    Lollipop Apr 7, 2021 at 5:17 PM

SRD. , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 7, 2021 at 5:17 PM :
    Small small steps contribute to a greener & healthier earth.
    As a Smartphone company, there is a lot to do other than removing the charger.
    Use of recyclable/reusable material
    Buyback old devices
    As a community, plantation drives for sustainability.

Anyways filled the form.

sumitMZ007 likes this.
  15. NoviceAide
    Gingerbread Apr 7, 2021 at 6:00 PM

16. manojsurya99
    Jelly Bean Apr 7, 2021 at 6:10 PM

17. paramjit2001
    Gingerbread Apr 7, 2021 at 6:53 PM

18. G1515142828636
    Cupcake Apr 7, 2021 at 7:00 PM

19. Drasm19
    Honeycomb Apr 7, 2021 at 8:04 PM

Drasm19 , Apr 7, 2021 at 8:04 PM :
    How about extending software support for your older devices by giving them quality updates, so that consumers aren't forced to upgrade their otherwise perfectly functioning devices every two years?

Would be a nice place to start

1617825728445.jpg

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021 at 9:04 PM

B_Wrath and RaraBunny like this.
  20. Royal_RJ
    Honeycomb Apr 7, 2021 at 8:14 PM