3 Reasons to Attend #ANewView in Person

1. Rizla
    Jelly Bean Nov 9, 2017

Rizla , Nov 9, 2017 :
    What the hell are you talking about? My idea would be announce the 5 in late October and release it mid November with the same specs as the 5T has.

So you agree that releasing a stop gap phone in june to pull in $$$ whilst they finalised the phone they really want to release 4 months later is a good business strategy? :confused::eek::rolleyes:

Deactivated User likes this.
  2. eye842
    Lollipop Nov 9, 2017

eye842 , Nov 9, 2017 :
    You didn't read the first announcement am I right? It was pretty clear but hey you know how this community works :p

ArmataReloaded likes this.
  3. youbi
    Marshmallow Assistant Head Moderator Nov 9, 2017

youbi , Nov 9, 2017 :
    I should be since most brands are doing it. Basically the brands are giving to the market what the market is demanding, so you see almost every android brand launching a flagship phone two times a year. ;)

The truth is that the interest of the buyers starts to wear off after a couple of months and the market moves really fast, so everyone wants the latest and shiniest phone out on the market now. That's why brands have to have this small cycles nowadays.

Some brands try to sell it like a different device (Samsung S8+ and Note 8, P10 and mate 10, Lg G6 and V30), but in the end is basically the same, new flagship to get the interest back after a few months. ;)

mannymac25 and remedy like this.
  4. Sajjad
    Gingerbread Nov 9, 2017

5. Aathif_Mahir
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 9, 2017

6. meatandy
    Oreo Nov 9, 2017

meatandy , Nov 9, 2017 :
    Pass , You already know where I live , So...!

piccionel likes this.
  7. meatandy
    Oreo Nov 9, 2017

meatandy , Nov 9, 2017 :
    Those funds are being donated.

remedy likes this.
  8. Tyak
    Eclair Nov 9, 2017

Tyak , Nov 9, 2017 :
    lol attending to see what promises the phone won't be delivering.
    if I knewn that I only had to wait for 6 months to get excited for my first 1+....

mannymac25 and G_plusone like this.
  9. pojr
    Jelly Bean Nov 9, 2017

pojr , Nov 9, 2017 :
    I didn't read the announcement

Cupcake at heart

eye842 and remedy like this.
  10. remedy
    KitKat Nov 9, 2017

remedy , Nov 9, 2017 :
    Such hate today. What's wrong with you?

mannymac25 likes this.
  11. Retr_0

Retr_0 , Nov 9, 2017 :
    nope, they aren't superior versions of the ones released earlier, they are completely different and add functionality that benefit a particular consumer group, such as v30 is for audiophiles

mannymac25 likes this.
  12. Rizla
    Jelly Bean Nov 9, 2017

Rizla , Nov 9, 2017 :
    Dude c'mon, oneplus have stopped all production of the 5 and are now concentrating on the 5T that no one knew existed or was going to be released so soon after the 5. Oneplus were fully aware that the 5T was a thing and was going to fully replace the 5.

In the 5 everyone wanted a high quality screen, we got the same screen that was in the 3/3T. Everyone wanted a waterproof phone, didn't happen. Everyone wanted a bigger screen, nope. Everyone wanted a better camera, we got an average camera at best. People wanted expandable storage, we didn't get it we got two phones with different storage specs. What we got was a 3T with an 835 Snapdragon chipset and an overinflated price.

The 5T will most likely have all of the above. So tell me, do you think that's fair on Oneplus's loyal customers? Is it fair on the guy/girl who saved up enough money to buy the 5 only for it to be replaced 4 months later with the phone they thought the 5 was going to be?

As for Samsung, the S8 and Note 8 are aimed at different markets and those wanting the Note 8 know it's coming out after the S8 as the note always does, it's not a secret. Samsung don't stop production of their main flagship phone either because they're releasing another product.

For the record I've got a OP3. I was going to get the 5 but I passed after I saw that it was just a 3T with minor upgrades. I'll most likely buy the 5T but I think Oneplus's market strategy is a mess and for a company that boasts they listen to their community, they clearly don't.

13. Rizla
    Jelly Bean Nov 9, 2017

Rizla , Nov 9, 2017 :
    I just find the whole "oneplus we listen to our customers" line is utter bullshit and they've taken everyone for mugs with the release of the 5. I love my OP3, best phone I've owned by far but I feel let down by their descent into money grabbers and are turning into a horrible company imho.

14. smartbuddy

smartbuddy , Nov 9, 2017 :
    Priorities? They are not even selling the phone at the venue so whats the benefit of watching it on Theatre screen when same can be watched in the comfort of ur own home? '

Swag includes discount in US but, in India, no such discounts...so give me one good reason to travel at night 9.30pm to watch a live telecast on Theatre Screen?...:rolleyes:

Rizla likes this.
  15. remedy
    KitKat Nov 9, 2017

remedy , Nov 9, 2017 :
    OnePlus are in business for the sole purpose of making lots of money; so no point in call them money grabbers.

16. pgidia
    Lollipop Nov 9, 2017

pgidia , Nov 9, 2017 :
    No not got Visa

17. Salt505
    Jelly Bean Nov 9, 2017

Salt505 , Nov 9, 2017 :
    Boom. This is the OnePlus 5T, circular fingerprint sensor. buyitfirst_forum (4)-01.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017

eye842, youbi and BeingIncog like this.
  18. pgidia
    Lollipop Nov 9, 2017

pgidia , Nov 9, 2017 :

Agree with you

Will the Flash Sale be for 1 RS ???

youbi likes this.
  19. detritu5
    Cupcake Nov 9, 2017

detritu5 , Nov 9, 2017 :
    the question is...

If I Buy the ticket? I´m be able to order the phone earlier with 40$ off? or not?

Because I live in Spain and I´m only interested in this point

Otherwise How can I apply the discount to the phone ?? With the ticket number by a coupon mode?

20. Rizla
    Jelly Bean Nov 9, 2017

Rizla , Nov 9, 2017 :
    But that's what they are. They've conned millions out of people with the OP5 knowing fair well they were actually working on the phone that all those people who saved up their hard earned money wanted. Yes those people didn't need to buy the OP5 and a lot of people looked at the device and decided it wasn't for them but loyalty and the need for the new device blinded others in their decision to purchase it. Oneplus knew what they were doing here and they should be ashamed of themselves, they're a disgrace.

I'm out, I've said what I've got to say.

Deactivated User likes this.