1. remedy
    KitKat Nov 9, 2017

remedy , Nov 9, 2017 :
    Good.

mannymac25 and eye842 like this.
  2. vijay.kumar354
    Gingerbread Nov 9, 2017

vijay.kumar354 , Nov 9, 2017 :
    #ANewView first time am going to the for flagship smartphone event.to see how customer will react in new event.

3. Rizla
    Jelly Bean Nov 9, 2017

Rizla , Nov 9, 2017 :
    Why did you feel the need to reply with that?

4. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Nov 9, 2017

Ceasedd , Nov 9, 2017 :
    Your marketing department will be your death.Pay 40 bucks and get a 40 dollar discount wtf! Get a 70 worth of free stuff... 30 dollars if you count in the 40 ticket.. Hmmm charity will get 7.6 cents on the dollar after all.. Hello Razer phone.

nyzproof333 and Rizla like this.
  5. absolutnica
    Eclair Nov 9, 2017

absolutnica , Nov 9, 2017 :
    OMG! The event should be called Christmas!!! Too bad I won't be able to attend. If only I was in NYC.

6. mtbgus
    Honeycomb Nov 9, 2017

Ceasedd and Rizla like this.
  7. blacklander01
    Cupcake Nov 9, 2017

8. sourav3t
    Froyo Nov 9, 2017

sourav3t , Nov 9, 2017 :
    Because i love one plus product, i have one plus 3t, i am supporting one plus

9. dhames
    Gingerbread Nov 9, 2017

10. funmunke
    Marshmallow Nov 9, 2017

ChrisTerp and keithnyc like this.
  11. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Nov 9, 2017

gusuraman , Nov 9, 2017 :
    You have no reason in fact. It's as simple as that. If you want your precious OnePlus swag go on their shop and use the travel money to buy whatever you want from the comfort of your own home.
    I really don't understand why one would travel at night 9.30pm just to get some swag. You call it a valid reason?

And the discount in US (sorry, in New York) is basically just a "free access if you buy the phone".
    They are eligible of a $40 discount by paying $40. They're so lucky indeed. So unfair for India. Oh wait, for italy, germany, france, ... too

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017

Jac_Q, ChrisTerp and superplus like this.
  12. keithnyc
    Marshmallow Moderator Nov 9, 2017

keithnyc , Nov 9, 2017 :
    Ummm, excuse you...I think you meant to say chris AND keith get hammered and each crap their pants, respectively.....

funmunke, nyzproof333 and ChrisTerp like this.
  13. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Nov 9, 2017

superplus , Nov 9, 2017 :
    Hmm good question, during the EuroTour they had set up a system for ordering the OP3 on the spot or they gave away a physical coupon with a code on it, which had to be used within 24 hours to place an order (if I recall correctly), so either of those methods suggests you would have to be physically present in order to be able to have access to this "be the first to order" offer, but I'll see if I can find out for you.

Since I'm guessing they want to have people physically present at the event though, rather than have a half-empty room because of people who live in other countries, but are following the same reasoning as you, I might not be surprised if they wouldn't allow it. (please note, all of this is my personal speculation)

remedy and gusuraman like this.
  14. ChrisTerp
    Lollipop Nov 9, 2017

ChrisTerp , Nov 9, 2017 :
    Hmmm ... hmmm, is that a dare? :eek:;)

Speak for yourself Keith ... I'm only taking a crap on home plate at Yankee Stadium or the Giants logo at Meadowlands! Hail Washington Nationals and Redskins! :D;)

nyzproof333 and keithnyc like this.
  15. pojr
    Jelly Bean Nov 9, 2017

pojr , Nov 9, 2017 :
    I live in NY, but I'm 5 hours away from new york city, so I'd have to pay $30 for a bus ticket

Outrageeee

Carl pay for my ticket plz

piccionel, smartbuddy, remedy and 2 others like this.
  16. pojr
    Jelly Bean Nov 9, 2017

pojr , Nov 9, 2017 :
    @Rizla makes a lot of good points

The thunderclap campaign from June still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The fact that it was ignored

I don't have an issue with the OP5T existing. It's right around the 6 month mark. This wasn't a surprise to me

Rizla and Deactivated User like this.
  17. Deactivated User
    Nov 9, 2017

Rizla likes this.
  18. miwireless
    Donut Nov 9, 2017

19. Rizla
    Jelly Bean Nov 9, 2017

Rizla , Nov 9, 2017 :
    See I don't have any issues with the 5T existing either, I just think it's the phone the 5 should've been. The 5 should never have been released in my opinion and the money spent on it should have been put towards improving what is now the 5T. I'm sure everyone who wanted the OP5 could have waited 4 months until November for its release. The 5T wasn't released to compliment the 5, it was released to completly replace it as we now know the 5 has been discontinued.

How long has it been since the OP5 was no longer available to buy from the store? 5-6 weeks or so, meaning the 5 lasted all of 3 months before production stopped.

They're giving the money to the developers of an "underground" 3rd party app. An app that allows us to install apps that are not allowed on the play store for whatever reason. I have no issue with fdroid, I use it myself, there's some good stuff on it. I have no issue with oneplus donating the ticket money to them that's they're call. They could've donated it to more worthy causes like underprivileged kids in India or to help refugees escaping war torn Syria but that's by the by.

Your point on trust is spot on. I wasn't around for the OP1 my first OP device was the 3 but I did a lot of research before I purchased my first android device ( I was an iPhone user for 7 years) and Oneplus were ticking all the right boxes. Community orientated startup company, who listened to their customers and tried to give them what they wanted for as cheap as they possibly could. Then they got greedy, wanted to act like a big company like Apple, doing there own keynotes and stuff. They forgot one important thing in all this, their loyal customers.

The OP5 was a total disappointment for me and many others on this forum, we wanted something better, we were expecting something better, what we got was basically a 3T with a SD835 chipset. I passed and just kept my 3 but now they're releasing the 5T, the phone that the 5 should've been and the whole thing is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

sethisidd and Deactivated User like this.
  20. sfomin
    Nougat Nov 9, 2017

sfomin , Nov 9, 2017 :
    just got 3 emails from oneplus about "3 reasons to attend"...
    i think oneplus are finally using the emails they stole [​IMG]