Camera 3s timer starts automatically in Oneplus 3 front camera.

1. arunptm
    Eclair Oct 31, 2016

arunptm , Oct 31, 2016 :
    Hello all,

3s timer automatically starts in my Oneplus 3 front camera. This problem appears only in front camera.
    I am using only Oneplus camera app. Due to this problem I am not able to use front camera.
    I contacted Oneplus technical support, who suggested first try hard reset if it does not solve then send device to service center. I do not know whether its well known problem or only it happened to my device. If anyone have faced such problem then please suggest the used solution. Please provide your ideas on this problem to fix.

Regards,
    Arun

ROKUPOKU likes this.
  2. jonitfcfan
    Jelly Bean Oct 31, 2016

jonitfcfan , Oct 31, 2016 :
    You may have accidentally enabled the timer in the camera app. Open the camera app and tap the icon in the bottom left and see if you get an icon that says "3s". If so tap it a few times until you get a stopwatch icon, that should disable the timer.

3. Louca21
    Eclair Oct 31, 2016

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016

4. arunptm
    Eclair Oct 31, 2016

arunptm , Oct 31, 2016 :
    I missed to add without starting 3s timer, it starts automatically by Oneplus 3 front camera.

5. n1r0
    Cupcake Nov 2, 2016

n1r0 , Nov 2, 2016 :
    I believe when using the front cam, it automatically takes a pic 3 secs after detecting a face and/or smiling.

6. arunptm
    Eclair Nov 3, 2016

arunptm , Nov 3, 2016 :
    It seems like 3s timer of front camera auto start after detecting face but 3s timer doesn't stop until I have to switch to back camera. When I use 3rd party camera app there is no such problem.

7. BiOnicTecHie
    Gingerbread Nov 29, 2016

BiOnicTecHie , Nov 29, 2016 :
    Turn off smile capture feature from the top right portion of your camera interface. You are good to go now...! :)

8. rupeshbk
    Gingerbread Nov 29, 2016

rupeshbk , Nov 29, 2016 :
    Turn off the smile capture feature (top right hand side) and it will not take your picture :)