3x zoom camera

1. mariom
    Froyo Jun 6, 2020

mariom , Jun 6, 2020 :
    hi, I have a problem with my oneplus 7 pro.
    I don't understand why when I use the 3x zoom, the phone is using the main camera to zoom instead of using the 3x zoom telephoto camera..now I wanna know for what camera is used? is just for appearance?

2. Artemus
    Junior Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Junior Moderator Jun 6, 2020

Artemus , Jun 6, 2020 :
    Are you sure about that?

3. mariom
    Froyo Jun 6, 2020

mariom , Jun 6, 2020 :
    Yes, I covered the 3x zoom lens with my finger and I could still see through, and when I covered the main camera with my finger everything was black...I'd like to know if is only me or there's someone else

4. leoyinjou , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Jun 6, 2020 :
    Yes this is confirmed feature from the OP team, not a bug. If your laser autofocus sensor arrays determined that you are in close proximity with the object, then main lens will be used for telephoto mode instead. If you then aim for something farther away it will again switch to the actual telephoto lens once the sensor arrays detect the change. OP team mentioned this due to some "improved image or visual quality" if i recall correctly.
    Try experiment that by pointing to something far using telephoto mode, then cover up the sensor arrays as you keep looking at the screen. You should see the camera app auto switches to main lens. Remove your finger and it should switch back to telephoto lens.

anupmehra, tide1109 and Bouncer71 like this.
  5. iJune
    Cupcake Jun 6, 2020

iJune , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 6, 2020 :
    in some low light situations the camera will switch from tele lens to normal lens due to wider lens aparture that will get brighter image

leoyinjou and Bouncer71 like this.
  6. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert Jun 6, 2020

anupmehra and leoyinjou like this.