ROM [4.4.4] [BACON] Mahdi-Rom 2.7

1. Zoosh
    Honeycomb Aug 14, 2014

Zoosh , Aug 14, 2014 :
    I just played music via Bluetooth to my speakers for a couple of hours worked fine for me

2. @CallipH
    Eclair Aug 14, 2014

@CallipH , Aug 14, 2014 :
    True to my word, I'm uploading a video review. It's just me rambling, but you can see how good the ROM is. Hope that it helps some thinking of trying it.

greggoryd502 likes this.
  3. @CallipH
    Eclair Aug 14, 2014

Alright, comment, share, subscribe, pick on... It's for you however you see fit, but I really hope it gets people to give this ROM a shot, because I think you'll stick around.

Watch "OnePlus One - Mahdi ROM Review"

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014

4. @CallipH
    Eclair Aug 14, 2014

I cannot figure out how to edit this on mobile (would be nice), so apologies for it being embedded twice.

5. claypigeon
    Gingerbread Aug 14, 2014

claypigeon , Aug 14, 2014 :
    Thought I had a similar problem as I was hearing sound effects over my car speakers but I was getting no audio from google play or my pod cast app. Then I checked the volume controls and some how the volume was set all the way down, I have no idea how that happened, I assume I just must of accidentally knocked it all the way down. The sound effects volume are controlled different from the audio player volume, which ws throwing me off. You might check to see if that is your issue.

6. claypigeon
    Gingerbread Aug 14, 2014

it has been a few more days, and I still cant find any info, does anyone know how to make the cast screen work to a chrome cast with this rom, or is it currently broken?

Thanks,

7. @CallipH
    Eclair Aug 14, 2014

Have you tried flashing the apk from cm11s, it's in the xda forums... Or, you could just use the apps like LocalCast worst case.

8. claypigeon
    Gingerbread Aug 14, 2014

not sure we are talking about the same thing. I am talking about cast screen not casting a file. Here is a video of what I am talking about, this is from some guy running CM11S casting his screen to a chromecast device

When I was running CM11S I could hit the Cast Screen button, select a chromecast device and boom what ever was on my screen was cast to that display. In Mahdi that functionality appears to be borked, when I go into Settings/display/Cast screen, I can set it to on, but get "no nearby devices were found". It was a working feature in the CM11S rom I am just trying to find out if it is broken in this ROM or what the status is or perhaps I need to fix something to get it working on my device.

LocalCast lets you cast a media file to a ChromeCast I believe, which is not what I am trying to do, and dont think there is a cm11 app that I can sideload that enables Cast Screen, but if I am wrong can you point me to the file you are referring too?

thanks

9. claypigeon
    Gingerbread Aug 14, 2014

aguyisok likes this.
  10. kaptainen
    Jelly Bean Aug 14, 2014

kaptainen , Aug 14, 2014 :
    Removed one of the links

MAHDI-ROM and @CallipH like this.
  11. skydayzer
    Gingerbread Aug 14, 2014

skydayzer , Aug 14, 2014 :
    Why is it impossible to delete post here??

12. aguyisok
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 14, 2014

13. Rmaier14
    Jelly Bean Aug 14, 2014

Rmaier14 , Aug 14, 2014 :
    Thanks for the nice Video. What kind of Button do you use, i need the name of the app, the looks nice too.

14. masterchief_2001
    Gingerbread Aug 14, 2014

masterchief_2001 , Aug 14, 2014 :
    Hey... I have a question about the battery drain at night: I loose about 7 or 8 percent of my battery power at night (1 percent per hour) and I don't know why. There is no app that drains, flight mode is on, no bluetooth or anything else, everything is off!

This is tested by me on several Roms, only the stock Rom CM 11 S XNPH22R doesn't drain the battery. Betterbatterystats gives me no information about my problem (deepsleep is about 98 %), so I ask you, the founders of Mahdi, because I like your Rom a lot and I want the same battery life like it was with my LG G2 and Mahdi-Rom!

By the way: SOT is about 7 hours is no problem, when I use the phone heavy. But when I don't use it, it has so much drain that sometimes I want to sell it.

Thank you in advance,
    BJ

15. ghettopops
    Honeycomb Aug 14, 2014

ghettopops , Aug 14, 2014 :
    So how's Mahdi updated compared to new CM update (300)? I switched from Mahdi to CM11s to get new updates but got 14% overnight battery drain on Flight mode so reverted to pre update CM11s. Just dl'd Mahdi updated download but have not installed. Does it address the same issues CM's updates did?

Thanks

16. masterchief_2001
    Gingerbread Aug 14, 2014

masterchief_2001 , Aug 14, 2014 :
    @ghettopops that is the same problem I have. Can somebody help us or tell us, that there will be better battery life next updates? I have tried Mahdi, PA, Slim,CM11 and CM11S, the problem is the same: battery drain in flight mode overnight! :-(

17. dzelionis
    Donut Aug 14, 2014

dzelionis , Aug 14, 2014 :
    I agree with you, i was trying to find something similar to Omnirom, so tested almost every single rom for OPO....and my chose Mahdi. It's really nice rom, people should give a shot for it!! :)

@CallipH likes this.
  18. dzelionis
    Donut Aug 14, 2014

Today and yesterday i had few random reboots at moment when i calling, just after another side pick's up phone call it's just randomly reboots, it happened to me around 3 times...any one having same issue ?

19. aguyisok
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 14, 2014

aguyisok , Aug 14, 2014 :
    yep -- same issues, reboots upon calling out or while on call, had two in a row, bummer

20. dzelionis
    Donut Aug 14, 2014

Nice to know, because i was thinking maby my tweaks causing it....but not :)