OxygenOS 4.5.3 update and still issues with the Playstore

1. jstiggie
    Honeycomb Jun 27, 2017

jstiggie , Jun 27, 2017 :
    Hi all,

anyone knows a fix?
    I tried the recommended Google troublehshooting but I am still not able to update and install certain apps.

F_Radu_Gageanu_arVw likes this.
  2. Lindsay
    Donut Jun 27, 2017

Best Answer
    Lindsay , Jun 27, 2017 :
    I too am having problems but it only seems to affect apps that I am a 'beta' tester for. I manually try to download and it says downloading but nothing actually downloads/updates. The updates are for beta versions of Maps, Messenger and Facebook. Normal versions of other apps updating normally (so far) using 4.5.3.

3. jstiggie
    Honeycomb Jun 28, 2017

jstiggie , Jun 28, 2017 :
    Same here, but if I try to install Waze, Pokemon Go (yes, still playing :D) , Runkeeper, Freelectics I have the same issue.
    My partners OP5 is fine. She is laughing at me. Maybe ill just exchange mines with hers. :D

4. DavelliNL
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2017

DavelliNL , Jun 29, 2017 :
    What problem are you guys getting? I have a problem where my phone crashes/reboots when i try to install Facebook

5. jasonarima
    Gingerbread Jun 30, 2017

jasonarima , Jun 30, 2017 :
    Which carrier do you use?
    Is it possible related to your service provider or specific network settings?

6. jstiggie
    Honeycomb Jul 2, 2017

jstiggie , Jul 2, 2017 :
    Problem solved itself for me. I have put an app to install and overnight it installed itself and the problem is now gone.

7. stefano.capannapisce
    Cupcake Jul 11, 2017

stefano.capannapisce , Jul 11, 2017 :
    I've got the same problem. I've many upgrade in chain, when I push "upgrade all" download goes to 100% and install process don't appear. Download freeze to 100%. Attached additional detail. Problem appear when I've upgrade to latest version OOS 4.5.5.

Attached Files:

jstiggie likes this.
  8. jstiggie
    Honeycomb Jul 14, 2017

jstiggie , Jul 14, 2017 :
    I had the issue ongoing with 4.5.5 as well, but one day it fixed itself. Don't know how, but it started working.

stefano.capannapisce likes this.
  9. stefano.capannapisce
    Cupcake Jul 15, 2017

stefano.capannapisce , Jul 15, 2017 :
    Yes, same behaviour. I need to restart smartphone many times and check each time if playstore install properly the app upgrades.

As you, randomly, it works.

Have a good WE, Stefano.

jstiggie likes this.