40's+ Club

1. sup3r6
    Gingerbread May 6, 2015

sup3r6 , May 6, 2015 :
    Well at least being 40+ means I've got a lot more money now to waste on phones and other gadgets.

powerchucker likes this.
  2. powerchucker
    Eclair May 6, 2015

powerchucker , May 6, 2015 :
    and we get to tell the young ones stories of back in the day when we had cell phones the size of a brick, and had a one line led display. and we loved it! lol, my first cell phone was in 1994, or 95. It was a Motorola Omega.. OMG that thing was HUGE!!

sup3r6 likes this.
  3. sup3r6
    Gingerbread May 6, 2015

sup3r6 , May 6, 2015 :
    @powerchucker My first Motorola didn't even have a sim card! It was hard coded. Battery lasted 2 hours standby and about 5 minutes call time.
    Now I do feel very old.

4. powerchucker
    Eclair May 6, 2015

wow!.. but, back then that phone was hot shit! you were somebody if you had a cell phone back then. even if you couldnt hold an entire conversation without it 1, draining the battery, and 2. costing $75.. lol, the rates were crazy back then.

sup3r6 likes this.
  5. sup3r6
    Gingerbread May 6, 2015

sup3r6 , May 6, 2015 :
    And no text messaging back then. I remember when sms came out and I waited eagerly for it to appear on my phone. We were amazed at the technology!

powerchucker likes this.
  6. powerchucker
    Eclair May 6, 2015

ahh, in a world before touch screens and Facebook/Twitter/Instagram.... there were phones that were...just phones.... :D

sup3r6 likes this.
  7. ddlittlejohn
    Honeycomb May 6, 2015

ddlittlejohn , May 6, 2015 :
    The old Motorola brick with the 3watt booster kit (small handbag battery and stuff) was the business - loved it. Then an Ericsson 788 maybe, StarTac, Etc etc.....good memories

powerchucker likes this.