4k Recording/Battery Duration

1. SacredCultivator
    Gingerbread Jan 14, 2020

SacredCultivator , Jan 14, 2020 :
    Hello,

Just curious for those that use the 6t to record in either 4k or 4k60fps.

[I generally use a point and shoot for any photo/video-graphy, but this particular event only allows for Cellphone recording and no other sort of Recording device]

But wondering for those that do use this device to record, I know for 4k there's a 10mins limit and 4k60fps there is a 5min limit.

With that aside, on let's say a full charge, roughly how long can one record in either mode until the battery essentially drains? Or what are the levels like? I'm asking more so to see if I may need to bring a powerbank with me or not (prefer not to mainly due to how heavy the one I have is.)

Like, for example, if I were to record in 4k/4k60fps would I at LEAST get 2.5 hours out of it or would battery die before then? [As heh, I know my point-and-shoot when recording at 4k only lasts 1 hour before i need to swap batteries]

Thanks.

2. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Jan 14, 2020

Kytharsis , Jan 14, 2020 :
    Do you have a 4K display to watch it?

Bilalazeem54 likes this.
  3. SacredCultivator
    Gingerbread Jan 15, 2020

4. Caomhin
    Jelly Bean Jan 15, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 15, 2020 :
    Battery life is a personal thing, depends on what other apps are also using battery. Best way to find out is to try it and see. Everyone will have different battery life depending on usage.

Kytharsis likes this.
  5. SacredCultivator
    Gingerbread Jan 15, 2020

SacredCultivator , Jan 15, 2020 :
    I agree with you. Just thought to ask to see if others have actually tried to sort of get a guesstimate. As I know I don't even have a data plan, so for the most part I don't use much battery at all. So I understand it really varies greatly from user to user based upon what they have running/etc.

Thanks for the response though.

Caomhin likes this.