ROM [5.1.1] Unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 with CAF 3.4.0 kernel

1. 69gm
    Jelly Bean Sep 13, 2015

2. urgali
    Froyo Sep 13, 2015

urgali , Sep 13, 2015 :
    I got the issue when calling, recording with sound recorder app and recording audio on whatsapp.
    I'm not using headphones

3. 69gm
    Jelly Bean Sep 14, 2015

69gm , Sep 14, 2015 :
    Ooooookay! New build. Minor changes but might be worth it to some. Also, OTA is currently not working so please flash manually.

4. ziflin
    Donut Sep 14, 2015

ziflin , Sep 14, 2015 :
    Giving it a shot. If this fixes my Android System/OS Keep Awake battery issues (with Exodus) and a couple of other things I owe you a beer!

5. kale566
    Honeycomb Sep 14, 2015

kale566 , Sep 14, 2015 :
    Link plz

6. colornoob
    Froyo Sep 14, 2015

colornoob , Sep 14, 2015 :
    Flashed the sep 11th build, and then dirty flashed the 13th build.
    The battery life was so bad for me. It was 50% when I went to sleep, The phone was dead in the morning.
    I felt some improvements while using the camera, but the battery life is a deal breaker for me.
    Reverted to Pranoid Android for now.

7. Sultanxda
    Recognized developer Recognized Developer Sep 14, 2015

Sultanxda , Sep 14, 2015 :
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/one...m-kernel-unofficial-cyanogenmod-12-1-t3120259
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=33713&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC

Bad battery life was a one-time bug that was specific to only the Sep 13th build. The insane drainage has been fixed in the Sep 14th build.

8. urgali
    Froyo Sep 14, 2015

urgali , Sep 14, 2015 :
    Good day everyone!
    First day after a full charge, i'm on 13 sep build, will report battery life though i've the phone turned on from 1 hour and it's still 100% (on 3g).

I have a little question:
    i noticed we're still on r_3 release, any plans on moving to the r_18?

Thanks in advantage

Evokkimus likes this.
  9. 69gm
    Jelly Bean Sep 14, 2015

10. 69gm
    Jelly Bean Sep 14, 2015

69gm , Sep 14, 2015 :
    Yeah if you want bleeding edge with bugs, nightlies are the way to go. The latest and greatest...but you're taking a chance on stability.

Stable, as the name implies, is the stable release of the ROM. Nothing earth-shattering...but supposedly reliable. Of course I say "supposedly" because, let's face it...CM is far from perfect.

anzi2001 and Evokkimus like this.
  11. Evokkimus
    KitKat Sep 14, 2015

Evokkimus , Sep 14, 2015 :
    Seems like almost every CM based rom follows CyanogenMod Release versions. I think Exodus is on android release 18, which isn't really CM. Someone can correct me but this is how I remember it going.

12. urgali
    Froyo Sep 14, 2015

urgali , Sep 14, 2015 :
    Cm12.1 nightlies are actually on r_18..
    Exodus i heard the "only" huge problem it has is the anti piracy malware built in it while our beloved cm12.1 and sultan cm12.1 don't.

cm12.1 stable release is on r_3 too? ..didn't try it, i always had nightlies on :p

Evokkimus likes this.
  13. Evokkimus
    KitKat Sep 14, 2015

Evokkimus , Sep 14, 2015 :
    Oh I did not know that about nightlies. It might be that Stable actually is R_3 only.

Yea, Exodus is not as good as it used to be I'll admit.

14. Evokkimus
    KitKat Sep 14, 2015

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015

15. Voyager03
    Eclair Sep 14, 2015

Voyager03 , Sep 14, 2015 :
    I've been using Sultanxda's ROM for a few weeks now, no real problems at all. It is super smooth and I've been getting fine battery life.

16. sirovai
    Eclair Sep 14, 2015

sirovai , Sep 14, 2015 :
    I recorded fantastic video in 60fps HSR @1080p this week end! Thank you sultan!

17. colornoob
    Froyo Sep 14, 2015

colornoob , Sep 14, 2015 :

18. wbgrunn
    Gingerbread Sep 14, 2015

wbgrunn , Sep 14, 2015 :
    First of all thanks for the great ROM! Been using it for almost 3 weeks now as my daily driver. Excellent camera and stability! Maybe this is a stupid question but i could not find it in the thread:
    Is it possible to flash Xposed?

I tried flashing xposed-sdk22-5.1.1-arm-20150514.zip trough TWRP recovery (no errors in log)
    But when i boot i dont see any Xposed application present...
    I hope anyone can answer me and my apologies if this question is already answered!

19. Fylon
    Gingerbread Sep 14, 2015

Fylon , Sep 14, 2015 :
    Hello guys! Just switch to this ROM from exodus! :D Anyways, love almost every bits on this rom just have 2 questions:

- How do I move the "clear all" button from top right to bottom right in recent apps tab?
    - Is there any other way to re-assign back button function without GravityBox?

P/s: I actually tried xposed GravityBox for both my question above, but it seems only able to assign back button but not able to make any changes to the clear all button. New clear all button icon does appear on the bottom right after I make the changes under Miscellaneous option in GravityBox but it doesn't work when I press on it.

Thanks in advance! :D

20. crakerjac
    Froyo Sep 14, 2015

crakerjac , Sep 14, 2015 :
    @Fylon if you enable developer options, there is an option at the bottom to make a long press on the back button force close an app.

I just switched over from Exodus as well... Last night my phone decided that I no longer needed an app drawer... Just kept showing up blank... and the Apps setting would crash. I just needed that little push to make the jump off of Exodus.

One thing that I like about CM that I thought I would be getting with this ROM is the messaging app with quick replies. I find the quick reply feature really 'neat' and I use it all the time (hate heads up notifications). Is there anyway to integrate/pull the CM messaging app into this ROM?

edit: I am noticing that 'filter notifications' is not working properly. I filter all the privacy guard notifications and after reboot, they are all back. When I go the the filtered notifications menu, there is only one or two notifications in this list and there should be quite a few more...

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015