ROM [5.1.1_r24][Official][Nightlies]Exodus Android for OnePlus 2

1. bestlands
    KitKat Sep 14, 2015

bestlands , Sep 14, 2015 :
    The thing was, that we loved your rom, maybe you should stop spending money and making this rom a hobby instead of a money maker tool, which you have to put money into. The rom developer that do this for a hobby dont put content guards in the products, as they very well know that it could make them loose customers and loose what people love the most about their products, seems to me your focus changed dramstically over these few months.

rphlfjrd, Dr. Indest and #HYPEorGTFO like this.
  2. hoggar10
    Honeycomb Sep 14, 2015

hoggar10 , Sep 14, 2015 :
    I've had 2 random slow downs leading to unusable device, soft reset required to solve.

No alert slider as yet!

3. hoggar10
    Honeycomb Sep 14, 2015

4. RajaMu
    Jelly Bean Sep 14, 2015

RajaMu , Sep 14, 2015 :
    Points taken yeah notification slider won't work because we need to see how to assign the hardware signals to software since its a new concept...

Well yeah kernel just we started tweaking takes a bit time ... :)

Thanks for your time !

hoggar10 likes this.
  5. hoggar10
    Honeycomb Sep 14, 2015

Time and patience is what I have!

Looking forward to updates!

RajaMu likes this.
  6. manuhalliwell
    Cupcake Sep 14, 2015

RajaMu likes this.
  7. mwayner
    Lollipop Sep 14, 2015

mwayner , Sep 14, 2015 :
    Wow, crazy how Exodus has become the focus of flames. Post a new rom and the only feature really talked about is this anti-piracy stuff. Not flaming, these developers do have a valid point, but I'm wary of this rom, not because I'm a pirate but because I detest the idea of arbitrary policing of behavior. On the other hand, something has to be done, if these statistics are to be believed:
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/piracy-android-how-bad-is-it-really/

I'm wary, but that won't stop me from testing it. :p

rphlfjrd and Dr. Indest like this.
  8. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Sep 14, 2015

Dr. Indest , Sep 14, 2015 :
    Stats can be used to prove anything.

I agree that piracy needs to be stopped. However, this lies on developers. Some devs implement a callback server that remotely shuts down pirated apps.

The current ContentGuard does not block malware, harmful apps or major apps used to priate software. Last I checked, the major app used to pirate an apk is chrome/firefox. Not blocking that is hypocritical and defeats the purpose of ContentGuard.

Only things being blocked are LEGAL and SAFE apps, to date.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015

9. hoggar10
    Honeycomb Sep 14, 2015

More random break downs, particularly with Snapchat app!

Battery has been odd today was at 37% then phone required a reboot, now at 21%

Not sure where 16% went? :)

Attached Files:

10. RajaMu
    Jelly Bean Sep 14, 2015

RajaMu , Sep 14, 2015 :
    Sure will try to implement... have to see how best we can use legacy framework in this finger printer scan area!!

thanks for expressing interest on EXODUS :D

11. RajaMu
    Jelly Bean Sep 14, 2015

RajaMu , Sep 14, 2015 :
    what is the SOT you got currently and Activities u did during reboot flash files or something happened?

12. hoggar10
    Honeycomb Sep 14, 2015

No flashing of any description during reboot, app crashed phone so restarted device.

Current screen on time is 1h 50m with average use, texts and what's app, bit YouTube, emails down every 20 mins or so, bit of social media.

13. jmazzamj
    Jelly Bean Sep 14, 2015

jmazzamj , Sep 14, 2015 :
    Is it based on the unofficial CM12.1 build available on XDA?

14. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Sep 14, 2015

Dr. Indest , Sep 14, 2015 :
    ContentGuard is included in the current build. It is therefore relevant.

@PrimeDirective, some apps to block (fyi, the last suggestion, in the list below, is imperative if you really want to impact piracy and not be hypocritical).

• Pandaapp
    • Download Everything Pro
    • uTorrent (as mentioned above)
    • GetJar
    • aptoide
    • OnlyAndroid Superstore
    • D.cn Games Center
    • HiAPK
    • Anzhi (GoAPK)
    • Google Chrome/Firefox/Opera

Also, start blocking sites like 4shared, rapidshare, etc.

timerski and rphlfjrd like this.
  15. PrimeDirective
    Gingerbread Sep 14, 2015

PrimeDirective , Sep 14, 2015 :
    Indest! it's good to hear from you! I'm glad you're still supporting Exodus after all this time away.

I'm not familiar with most of these and I'm too busy with work and moving right now to put time into it. The general guideline is if an app was created with the intention to break market regulations/steal and has the potential to cause user harm with malware it will be considered by the team involved with content guard. In other words, apps created with the primary intention of stealing paid apps from the market. If you're interested in getting involved welcome to make pull requests to github.com/ContentGuard for consideration, however, it's not likely we will be blocking web browsers any time soon ;)

16. bootman
    Honeycomb Sep 15, 2015

bootman , Sep 15, 2015 :
    OK getting back on topic........

I think I may have found a bug but would like to get other feedback from users.
    Has anyone had their unit reboot when enabling LTE while on this build? (from link in first post)

17. 903tex
    Honeycomb Sep 15, 2015

903tex , Sep 15, 2015 :
    yes running this rom on my opo as I type. can't wait til my opt comes in. also hope y'all can figure out the fingerprint scanner before 6.0 comes out

RajaMu likes this.
  18. RajaMu
    Jelly Bean Sep 15, 2015

RajaMu , Sep 15, 2015 :
    Have you got proper apn settings ?

Just check once with your operator APN settings are correct otherwise connecting issue may come up !

Even then if problem persist plz give me the steps and also logs if u can capture ...

Thanks
    Raja

19. Sr Vincenzo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 15, 2015

Sr Vincenzo , Sep 15, 2015 :
    I was really excited for this ROM, but the discussion going on in the thread has made me feel uneasy. @indest i know you've directed me towards what ContentGuard is and i've got a vague idea of what it consists of. I can understand if devs want to try to block piracy and malware, who wouldn't? But let's be honest, if people wanna be able to tinker with their phones and install apps that they want then they SHOULD be able to without restriction. HOWEVER should these people happen to obtain malware on their devices, it's on them. I'm not one of the people that likes to tinker too much without knowing what i'm doing, hell i'm still learning the whole flashing system. Am i right in the ballpark with my statement or am i just completely off by the whole ContentGuard subject?

HR_778 and Dr. Indest like this.
  20. Me1256
    KitKat Sep 15, 2015

Me1256 , Sep 15, 2015 :
    What Contentguard blocks right now is about 90% legal apps that could potentially lead to pirating 9% pirated apps, and 1% malware