ROM [5.1.1_r24][Official][OTA] Exodus Android Lollipop

1. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Oct 1, 2015

Dr. Indest , Oct 1, 2015 :
    The solution has been mentioned several times. Avoid old firmwares, even it it means you can't make phone calls or switch to a different ROM.

jstepa and HR_778 like this.
  2. lilzad
    Honeycomb Oct 1, 2015

lilzad , Oct 1, 2015 :
    the only thing i can suggest is doing a clean install maybe something went wrong somewhere

3. RajaMu
    Jelly Bean Oct 1, 2015

RajaMu , Oct 1, 2015 :
    Here is the root cause since few guys taking advantage of situation.

Actually firmware which we have posted in initial thread is nothing but low end drivers ... !

CyanogenMod reorganized the entire OnePlus one firmware files from Oppo folder to OnePlus folder. This activity by cm impacted downstream systems.. i.e. the assert condition fails in TWRP a intentional condition check to avoid further issues with CM based ROMs.

Now the solution one time flash of firmware zip file which is located in initial thread !

There after every subsequent OTA flashes it works !

girishb86 and mestupt like this.
  4. DrJMun
    KitKat Oct 1, 2015

DrJMun , Oct 1, 2015 :
    I assume there are no problems with an Exodus and AK kernel combination, right?

5. collin5022
    Gingerbread Oct 1, 2015

collin5022 , Oct 1, 2015 :
    Sooo.... Can somebody tell me why I shouldn't stay on the 09/07 build? What has been newly implemented since? (besides having to flash new firmware -___-)

6. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Oct 1, 2015

Dr. Indest , Oct 1, 2015 :
    Well if by 09/07 you are refering to July 9th, I assume that people are using this ROM because later builds that month started to include malware that forcefully uninstalls safe, free and legal apps you have chosen to install.

Frankrizzo likes this.
  7. winstonsmith
    Honeycomb Oct 1, 2015

winstonsmith , Oct 1, 2015 :
    9 july, or 7 sep ? If 7 sep then 30/9 would be a great contender to that. This is the best build ive tried this far (have been flashing builds since beginning of aug). And all the problems people are having with the firmware has not been affecting me for some reason. I have flashing like a maniac, different roms different builds but always come back to exodus and not once flashed the firmware...

8. collin5022
    Gingerbread Oct 2, 2015

collin5022 , Oct 2, 2015 :
    Yeah, I mean 07/09 (September 7th)... here in America, the month comes first! :)

minecabla likes this.
  9. collin5022
    Gingerbread Oct 2, 2015

collin5022 , Oct 2, 2015 :
    I meant 7 sep. I've been using that since, because it has been really stable. Of late, though, I've been getting a lot of lag, like the cache is filling up or something. I flushed davlik and regular cache and things seem to be back to normal. There are some quirky bugs that I've noticed in 7 sep though, like sometimes the proximity sensor doesn't work properly in-call, and double-tap to wake gets disabled when power-save mode is on, and you have to go back and explicitly turn it back on. Very small things... but I know development on this ROM happens quickly. So are there any notable features on 30/9 that are worth upgrading to? What differences have you noticed?

10. silverview
    Gingerbread Oct 2, 2015

silverview , Oct 2, 2015 :
    He claims he's here educating the world. And one of his buddies is here fighting for world freedom. It's really nice of them to be so selfless. If you read enough of their stuff it starts to get pretty funny.

11. varunaasuri
    Gingerbread Oct 2, 2015

varunaasuri , Oct 2, 2015 :
    Alright I'll give it a shot. I really like exodus but the only reason I tried it is because I read its battery life was the best out. Its just on par with every other lollipop ROM in my experience so far. On to the next one I guess

12. varunaasuri
    Gingerbread Oct 2, 2015

pretty noob question but does franco kernel or AK kernel play well with exodus?

13. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Oct 2, 2015

Dr. Indest , Oct 2, 2015 :
    AK is an Exodus team member, so I would assume so.

14. silverview
    Gingerbread Oct 2, 2015

silverview , Oct 2, 2015 :
    I don't worry about SOT. I can reliably take my phone off the charger at 7 am and plug it back in the following day at 10 pm. Usually with 20 to 30% left. 3G, WiFi and Bluetooth are on the whole time. I use it for browsing, texting, email, phone calls, maps, etc. So 36 plus hours with my regular use.

Dr. Indest likes this.
  15. talktome322
    Gingerbread Oct 2, 2015

talktome322 , Oct 2, 2015 :
    Problem solved in current build.

16. talktome322
    Gingerbread Oct 2, 2015

talktome322 , Oct 2, 2015 :
    The problem is solved in current build. No more half google search bar. :)

17. varunaasuri
    Gingerbread Oct 2, 2015

I've actually been wondering about that. So is it possible to just flash the CAF kernel over another ROM like Exodus or PacMan? Or is that kernel designed specifically for his 12.1 ROM?

18. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Oct 2, 2015

Caf kernels only support caf based roms.

varunaasuri likes this.
  19. varunaasuri
    Gingerbread Oct 2, 2015

Ok so I REALLYY need some help... I mentioned earlier that I could not update Exodus ROM the normal way since they updated to the new Exodus Updater app. Thats fine.

Now I cannot flash any new ROM EVEN AFTER clean wiping because I am getting the same error message saying trustzone was not certified 2.0.0.... blah blah or something like that. I am trying to flash Sultan's ROM and it isnt working.

I had to reflash the same 9/14 Exodus nightly to get any ROM to flash. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

20. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Oct 2, 2015

Lol, this ROM just gets better and better.

Are you trying to keep the data partition intact when you move ROMs?

Evokkimus likes this.