ROM [5.1.1_r24][Official][OTA] Exodus Android Lollipop

1. mykel_shoemaker
    Honeycomb Oct 4, 2015

mykel_shoemaker , Oct 4, 2015 :
    So, after reading many reviews here, we have

21- 24 July (good builds without Contentguard)
    07/Sep -- Good battery and stable.
    30/Sep - added as per suggestion from winstone
    02/Oct - Good battery and stable?

Is there anything to add here? I'm still with 21/July nightly and staying there, due to all recent mess. But if there is anything which demnads me to upgrade, I may need to keep a set of next better versions ready. :)

Currently I use Exodus and Sultan CAF one as primary and secondary and keep switching between them for various needs.I may switch to Sultan as primary and exodus as secondary, as recent reports says xposed errors, adblock issues etc. I won't be able to use an andorid phone without some of the xposed modules and adblock. :(

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015

RazorCharlie likes this.
  2. Areebanwar
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 4, 2015

Areebanwar , Oct 4, 2015 :
    C
    could you comment in which is better in terms of snapiness and battery life?..cuz after reading about exodus..I'm really tempted to try it now. I'm currently on Sultan's ROM and except for few crashes now and then in the default browser and a little battery drain..I'm loving it!

3. rkiwtir

rkiwtir , Oct 4, 2015 :
    I have used the sultan stable rom. And Imo, exodus is more smooth compared to it but the underclocking on the sultan build kept the phone more cooler compared to exodus. Battery life, it's the best on exodus. They have optimized the rom very well that I get 6+ hours of sot on heavy usage. While I got 4+ on sultan.

Areebanwar likes this.
  4. DrJMun
    KitKat Oct 4, 2015

5. Nimloth
    Gingerbread Oct 4, 2015

Nimloth , Oct 4, 2015 :
    Of course it does :)

6. @punto

@punto , Oct 4, 2015 :
    can we have snapdragon camera functions such as uncompressed jpeg and 60fps 1080p for exodus any time soon?

Gallark likes this.
  7. henkmeuter
    Honeycomb Oct 4, 2015

henkmeuter , Oct 4, 2015 :
    Have you dirty flashed 2 october build or clean flash?

8. winstonsmith
    Honeycomb Oct 4, 2015

winstonsmith , Oct 4, 2015 :
    You should add 30/sep as a good battery and stable build.

mykel_shoemaker and silverview like this.
  9. DrJMun
    KitKat Oct 5, 2015

DrJMun , Oct 5, 2015 :
    OK. Installed Exodus and opengapps. It looked as if it went fine. It reinstalled all my apps, except for a couple. So I tried to go into the play store and keep getting: Google Play Store need background data to be enabled. OK, so I go into settings-> data usage -> select menu and find that background data is enabled (only the Restrict background data is shown). I select it, just to make sure, and then reselect Allow Background Data. Same problem. I rebooted... 2x, same problem. A notification pops up indicated to enable background data. I tap on the notification and nothing happens. Replace opengapps?

10. DrJMun
    KitKat Oct 5, 2015

DrJMun , Oct 5, 2015 :
    Looking online and OnePlus Forum threads I found suggestion to go into apps-> play store -> force stop -> clear data -> clear cache... reboot. Restart Play store. Same problem

11. DrJMun
    KitKat Oct 5, 2015

12. Tom_2103
    Gingerbread Oct 5, 2015

Tom_2103 , Oct 5, 2015 :
    @raja.m
    All version after 30th September throwing error if you uninstall google app. Trebuchet stopped working when trying to drag any app out of app drawer.
    Never used google app before. I'm on 7.09 build nownow. If flashing 2.10 on top of 7.09 and not flashing micro gapps the os doesn't even load into home screen.

Edit: same goes for disabling google app. It causes trebuchet stopped working errors when trying to drag apps out of drawer.

I was always on pico gapps Nd never even had google app installed. What's going on that we are now forced to have google app installed?

@raja.m

13. nChristos
    Cupcake Oct 5, 2015

14. mykel_shoemaker
    Honeycomb Oct 5, 2015

mykel_shoemaker , Oct 5, 2015 :
    It depends on your usage pattern. If you notice exodus first run you will notice that there are just 80 or so apps in the build. Sultan's one has 90 or so. A typical full CM ROM has around 120+ base apps. As the numbers are low, the ROM is barebone and expected to use less resources. I am not a heavy gamer. My usage pattern is regular calls,SMS,FB n whatsapp, camera and songs. I get around 30+ hours from one charge to next and SOT of 4-5 hours depending on type of usage on both. My current exodus is having around 250 apps in total and hence the initial snappiness has gone a bit. Sultan one is a fresh install and hence smoother. As long as I don't miss any critical bug fix or some path breaking new feature I will stay with these 2 and keep switching with multirom.

minecabla and Areebanwar like this.
  15. DrJMun
    KitKat Oct 5, 2015

DrJMun , Oct 5, 2015 :
    Minot nit. I can't set a lockscreen wallpaper. I'm using Nova Laucher and that doesnt seem to be able to help either. I did search and the closest I found was to install the file in /0 and give it some specific name (which I forgot)..sounds too cumbersome though.

16. ArdeXxX
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 5, 2015

ArdeXxX , Oct 5, 2015 :
    Dirty. The last clean flash I did was on August 18, or thereabouts.

minecabla and henkmeuter like this.
  17. jstepa
    KitKat Oct 5, 2015

jstepa , Oct 5, 2015 :
    Flash theme chooser extracted from COS 12:
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/share-cos-12-app-themer-for-all-cm-12-x-roms-universal.344636/

Or if you don't want to flash:
    Put the image you want for the lockscreen in data/system/users/0 and name it keyguard_wallpaper
    In order to see those hidden folders, you would need a file browser that can show hidden files and folders.

mykel_shoemaker, minecabla and DrJMun like this.
  18. Alivethereality
    Jelly Bean Oct 5, 2015

Alivethereality , Oct 5, 2015 :
    i know it is SDK 22 arm, i just wanted to make sure i'm correct, because before on 5.0 there was only one xposed, now there is an entire list
    now i installed the exodus, i installed the xposed everything works like a charm, now the next thing is to figure out how to disable the content guard...
    other then that i love exodus

19. Alivethereality
    Jelly Bean Oct 5, 2015

Dr. Indest likes this.
  20. Alivethereality
    Jelly Bean Oct 5, 2015

Alivethereality , Oct 5, 2015 :
    oh i didn't know about the 21 and the 22, but when you install the wrong package it will prompt to download the other one
    but thanks again for explaining, this information should be present somewhere in the first post of this thread or something