ROM [5.1.1_r24][Official][OTA] Exodus Android Lollipop

1. v1ks
    Gingerbread May 11, 2015

v1ks , May 11, 2015 :
    I have uninstalled google now and facebook both were eating up my battery even though i had them in greenify.

Are you using any wakeclock blocking apps like Amplify, greenify, disableserivce, servicely etc...worth trying.

Also the rom has inbuilt wakeclock blocker in ROM Control, try that too.

2. rkiwtir
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 11, 2015

rkiwtir , May 11, 2015 :
    Can someone post the list of application or services for which I should enable Wakelock Blocker? And which I/O scheduler saves lot of battery and is also snappy?

3. v1ks
    Gingerbread May 11, 2015

v1ks , May 11, 2015 :
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/Wakelocks

it seems like app are running in the background and are not closing...have a read of the above. I would suggest doing a clean install and then restoring the app from playstore rather than backup.

4. v1ks
    Gingerbread May 11, 2015

Attached Files:

5. marcy9487
    Jelly Bean May 11, 2015

marcy9487 , May 11, 2015 :
    That problem is not a rom related problem, anyone here have it, so is a problem of the firmware that you have installed.

tonatiuhmira likes this.
  6. avinashadvani
    Jelly Bean May 11, 2015

avinashadvani , May 11, 2015 :
    What firmware should we have and from where can we get it

7. inqbus406
    Gingerbread May 11, 2015

marc.teixido likes this.
  8. kaptainen
    Jelly Bean May 11, 2015

kaptainen , May 11, 2015 :
    You could flash a cm12s zip from calkulin..

9. whoisrikk
    Froyo May 11, 2015

whoisrikk , May 11, 2015 :
    A pretty noob question but I really don't want to brick my OnePlus One.

I am currently running the official Cyanogen OS 12S but want to upgrade to this ROM, hoping that touchscreen/WiFi problems will be gone.

Besides unlocking bootloader/rooting and the basic flash rom/gapps I also have to update the firmware (pretty clear instructions, thanks OP). Is something else I have to do in between? (excepting wipe cache) ? That "update firmware" thing scares me a bit.

10. bakerbarber
    Jelly Bean May 11, 2015

bakerbarber , May 11, 2015 :
    You're still going to have the same problems. WiFi is buggy, Bluetooth is mucked up, and touchscreen issues are usually hardware related.

But, no you got the gist of it from the OP.

I think the WiFi and Bluetooth garbage is Lollipop 5.0.xx more so than ROM specific. No one's out there saying conclusively that being on a certain ROM fixes it.

Less people on 5.1 and up complaining about it though.

11. Happytab
    Honeycomb May 11, 2015

Happytab , May 11, 2015 :
    You don't have to update the firmware if you are coming from a lollipop rom. Just flash the rom and the gapps, wipe the cache and enjoy.

tonatiuhmira and whoisrikk like this.
  12. red5pade
    Honeycomb May 11, 2015

red5pade , May 11, 2015 :
    so i tried this rom again and now its running fine. i moved away from it because when i first flashed it 2wks ago or so, it would crash all the time. im running it again with franco kernel and its flawless so far... knock on wood

13. rfr3sh
    Cupcake May 11, 2015

rfr3sh , May 11, 2015 :
    Any idea about these wake locks. I've disabled the OK google listening already

Attached Files:

14. return.of.octobot
    Jelly Bean May 12, 2015

return.of.octobot , May 12, 2015 :
    You can find the nightly folders here, by date:

http://www.emccann.net/dho/3-Vanir-mirror/4-nighties/

Once there, open the most recent folder by date and you'll find the zips inside labeled by device, for instance B83-Commotio-bacon.

I've noticed they like to sometimes throw up a new nightly folder and then it take awhile for anything to actually populate it, so you're looking for the most recent nightly folder that has something in it, which at this particular moment is 05/08, followed by an 05/10 folder that's currently empty.

B4kken likes this.
  15. Sonsey
    Cupcake May 12, 2015

Sonsey , May 12, 2015 :
    How can you tell? I'm having the touchscreen ghost moves or just not funcioning screen since the update to v12. When i was on 11 i never had any problem. And im now flashing the old 11 again.

16. Amitchawla20
    Froyo May 12, 2015

Amitchawla20 , May 12, 2015 :
    05/01 is experimental no exodus in that.. And good know the issues in the me too was going to flash tht one.

17. bakerbarber
    Jelly Bean May 12, 2015

bakerbarber , May 12, 2015 :

Clean flash. If it's a software glitch a clean flash should fix it.

Know what I mean?

18. vineetpratik
    Gingerbread May 12, 2015

vineetpratik , May 12, 2015 :
    @raja.m
    I am on 21 april build and whenever i turn wifi hotspot on and connect any device to it , it still shows no devices connected.

19. return.of.octobot
    Jelly Bean May 12, 2015

return.of.octobot , May 12, 2015 :
    Unless I'm hallucinating, it looks like they took down the 5.1 experimental builds.. Let's hope this means the real deal is about to drop *fingers crossed*

P.S.@ and marc.teixido like this.
  20. marcy9487
    Jelly Bean May 12, 2015

avinashadvani likes this.