ROM [5.1.1_r24][Official][OTA] Exodus Android Lollipop

1. Heisenberg1984
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 27, 2015

Heisenberg1984 , Jul 27, 2015 :
    I switched 2 days ago. I think I stumbled across it after reading about the 1080 front camera video recording capability. This is my second run so far on battery and it's fantastic. Currently at 73% with 2 hours screen time.

2. Evokkimus
    KitKat Jul 27, 2015

girishb86 likes this.
  3. loperaster09
    Honeycomb Jul 27, 2015

loperaster09 , Jul 27, 2015 :
    Really? okay!! :)

lonestar and Evokkimus like this.
  4. dpasut
    Eclair Jul 27, 2015

dpasut , Jul 27, 2015 :
    The number of people that are blindly getting upset by this update is absurd. First off, you get this ROM for free, so quit whining and just deal with it. Developers work hard on their apps, and deserve to be compensated for them, so blocking piracy apps makes sense.

Quite a few people are complaining about not being able to install apks.. But I haven't read that in any of the developers posts. From what I understand, apks of specific piracy apps will be blocked, along with host files for those apps, but installing apps by apks will still be an option. I hope my understanding is correct, because I usually update my apps from apkmirror instead of waiting for the play store to update them.

raja.m, think I could get some clarification on this?

I love exodus and I'm sticking with it for the foreseeable future, its a remarkably stable rom and has amazing features. Hats off to the devs, thanks for your hard work!

5. arvindautar
    Eclair Jul 27, 2015

arvindautar , Jul 27, 2015 :
    yes, it is a very stable rom with an incredible kernel that just works. I am quite happy with the rom even though it is CAF. I actually highly value GPL, but if I have to chose between CAF CM(which the majoirity of roms are based upon ) and (almost) pure CAF I will go for the second one because of the code quality.

Cheers!

6. rayturner
    Froyo Jul 27, 2015

rayturner , Jul 27, 2015 :
    This is also my present attitude.

avinashadvani likes this.
  7. byno

byno , Jul 27, 2015 :
    I'm trying SlimSaber out (not directly due to the recent uproar regarding this rom) because I've been meaning to for weeks, and in the meantime the dust can settle on this issue as far as I'm concerned.

Still got a nandroid of Exodus as well as COS12 & Oxygen. I'll swap roms as I feel like it and will be back using exodus within a month most likely.

JackScagnetti likes this.
  8. loperaster09
    Honeycomb Jul 27, 2015

loperaster09 , Jul 27, 2015 :
    But seriously what is the big problem with the new update ?

No more built-in ad block ---> install an Xposed Module
    Some piracy apps are blocked ---> why would you use them anyway?!

avinashadvani and Evokkimus like this.
  9. vineetpratik
    Gingerbread Jul 27, 2015

vineetpratik , Jul 27, 2015 :
    I agree , fully its our decision to decide whether to do what with our phone , its feels like snooping that , some one is monitoring what apps we are installing or what apps we have in our storage!!
    This data monitoring can be sold or USED AGAINST YOU ALL also,

SO i am stopping here , i will jump to other roms , or stay on my old build of exodus , disappointment to me rom this ROM politics :/

10. patstar5
    Jelly Bean Jul 27, 2015

patstar5 , Jul 27, 2015 :
    Wow! I'm going to try this rom out. I should have everything set up so I will be ready for oneplus 2 launch tonight.
    I was using stock cyanogen os but switched to broken os. The developers were so rude so I switched to project x, same developers who did cyan hacker. Pretty good and stable rom, but only getting around 4 hours SOT. But I think it uses CAF also so I might not be getting any battery improvements. Oh well, I will try this one out now.

marksnavy likes this.
  11. ArdeXxX

ArdeXxX , Jul 27, 2015 :
    +100 to this part. There's a dedicated thread for all this [tedious] anti-piracy tirade, so all discussion related to that could be moved over there.

There are still a lot of people - such as myself - who will keep using Exodus without issues or qualms. Let's keep this thread dedicated to its original purpose...

12. Alexleeds88
    Froyo Jul 27, 2015

Alexleeds88 , Jul 27, 2015 :
    Currently on the 21st build and am having so.e problems with video playback (Facebook and youtube) videos are playing slow and audio is stuttering, anyone else have these issues?

Also can someone please briefly summarise for me what everyone is talking about re; piracy? Haven't been to this thread in a week or so

Regards

13. Evokkimus
    KitKat Jul 27, 2015

Evokkimus , Jul 27, 2015 :
    Indeed, let's keep this thread based on Exodus rom and the other thread on the opinions of the anti-piracy.

[email protected] and ArdeXxX like this.
  14. Evokkimus
    KitKat Jul 27, 2015

I don't have any stuttering issues myself. Have you tried rebooting. Did you install something wrong?

The anti-piracy thing doesn't really matter if you pay for your apps. It basically protects you from malware and such.

Alexleeds88 likes this.
  15. Heisenberg1984

Heisenberg1984 , Jul 27, 2015 :
    I'm at 3:28 with 50%. This is great so far, very happy.

ArdeXxX, patstar5 and Evokkimus like this.
  16. ashishjena
    Honeycomb Jul 27, 2015

ashishjena , Jul 27, 2015 :
    Actually I do use some mod games but no software and right now am using Slim Saber ROM which actually running pretty nice just like exodus.

JayminVyas likes this.
  17. Evokkimus
    KitKat Jul 27, 2015

Wow, that's some nice battery life :eek:

18. Evokkimus
    KitKat Jul 27, 2015

I want to try ROMs too, but I only try them rarely, as Titanium takes quite long to restore, and my download speeds aren't really that good. I might try Slim Saber in the future, now I'm installing Cyanogenmod 12.1 caf as secondary on MultiRom

girishb86 likes this.
  19. patstar5
    Jelly Bean Jul 27, 2015

patstar5 , Jul 27, 2015 :
    Good to hear! It is booting up right now!

20. ashishjena
    Honeycomb Jul 27, 2015

ashishjena , Jul 27, 2015 :
    Go for it mate .Try it once.