ROM [5.1.1_r24][Official][OTA] Exodus Android Lollipop

1. PrimeDirective
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2015

PrimeDirective , Aug 13, 2015 :
    Actually I'm moving one angle of contentguard stuff to 100% encryptable native layer where xposed can't hook. Another angle will be to force them to hook methods that are so large and accessed so often it will be VERY expensive for them do to. You'll just have to wait and see as i get time to add more layers to it. Busy moving right now so I only have an hour here and there though.

I've also made a version that will work in any apk so app developers can support it and advised other ROMs to change the names of the classes so there will be no possibility of a centralized fix. That and a few other tricks to identify the blacklisted apps that don't rely on the package names as a string constant. The idea is only to make it more difficult.. Not stop. At that point I will be satisfied.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015

2. Frankrizzo
    Honeycomb Aug 13, 2015

Frankrizzo , Aug 13, 2015 :
    LMAO. Yes to open source! Next you should encrypt the change log and disclaimer this way you can say they are there but just can't see them... But all the exodus fans will believe you...

I am not going to lie I eagerly await for the day that you manipulate the ROM so much with this anti-piracy crap no one uses it.

#HYPEorGTFO, Dr. Indest and Vagante like this.
  3. nilatacb
    Honeycomb Aug 13, 2015

nilatacb , Aug 13, 2015 :
    I'm on 07/21 and stagefright is being reported as fixed by the Zymporium app.

Enamak and bakerbarber like this.
  4. PrimeDirective
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2015

When did I say v2 was going to be 100% open source? Maybe I'll use a precompiled lib just for you the same way vendor binaries (which are not open source) work. It's not really going to be limited to only the ROM soon.

5. ddlittlejohn
    Honeycomb Aug 13, 2015

ddlittlejohn , Aug 13, 2015 :
    So kernel level?

Have found my way to greener pastures - I don't care for what has been going on with your ROM lately @PrimeDirective , and don't really agree with it either, but I wish you and your team all the best with where you're taking it. Thanks for a great experience.

rayturner, Vagante and Frankrizzo like this.
  6. PrimeDirective
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2015

No not kernel level. I only aim to make piracy more difficult. It's a more serious problem than people realize. Suite yourself :)

7. crakerjac
    Froyo Aug 13, 2015

crakerjac , Aug 13, 2015 :
    Seriously? I pay for my apps, but dude... that's a slippery slope you are on. I get LuckyPatcher and BlackMarketGooglePlay, but where does the line get drawn? Titanium Backup? SuperSu apps?... Because both of those can be used to backup/copy apps and restore/paste applications across devices. Seems like you took a page directly out of BackStabOgen's (or worse the RIAA's) playbook.

On a lighter note, is there a list of apps currently blocked by the PiracyGuard module?

rayturner, Dr. Indest and Vagante like this.
  8. PrimeDirective
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2015

That is open source and always will be. The methods of action not likely. It's only limited to apps created for piracy. I agree it is a slippery slope so I'm trying to be objective about how to handle it. That's why I've brought a lot of other devs on board. Honestly I would prefer to make it app level only at some point. Right now I'm enjoying the opportunity to learn from the hackers and @oneminusone from their attempts to workaround it.

9. crakerjac
    Froyo Aug 13, 2015

crakerjac , Aug 13, 2015 :
    Fair enough. I just fear that a move like this marks the beginning of the end for custom ROMs.

As soon as soon as this Piracy module starts blocking apps that I DO use (ergo AdAway or Xposed), I'll be jumping ship... I've already got my swim suit on.

10. Enamak
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2015

Enamak , Aug 13, 2015 :
    I think it has to do with something with ur data. Do a full wipe, dont restore data, see if it works

Deactivated User likes this.
  11. Deactivated User
    Aug 13, 2015

12. Enamak
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2015

Enamak , Aug 13, 2015 :
    The only way i ser is wait till later update. Also u could update with the data, reboot and let the phone some minutes with black screen, he can possibly be updating all apps and wotk afterwards, cant promisse anything

13. razorice
    Donut Aug 14, 2015

razorice , Aug 14, 2015 :
    Hey guys, I have 2 problems. I can't use the nav bar while on AOSP mode and I can't disable the vibration on quick settings. Anyone know what to do?

14. RajaMu
    Jelly Bean Aug 14, 2015

RajaMu , Aug 14, 2015 :
    14th it will be addressed 13th build didn't picked the fix

15. ekesh.22
    Eclair Aug 14, 2015

ekesh.22 , Aug 14, 2015 :
    Evertytime I update the exudos, it shows exudos is starting and starting optimizing the apps, which makes the device too hot and drains about 10% of battery, is there any solution for this or this is a normal updating process... Please help!

16. red5pade
    Honeycomb Aug 14, 2015

red5pade , Aug 14, 2015 :
    Normal

17. red5pade
    Honeycomb Aug 14, 2015

red5pade , Aug 14, 2015 :
    Okay, this anti piracy thing has nothing to do with Rom devs. Simple as that. Back in my ios days, the jail break community would try and pirate cydia apps but the devs started to get smart about it and made it hard for them to pirate. Some had it ping home after a week and then if it was cracked then it would pop up a message saying please pay for this app. . it cost less than a coffee anyways and it helps me to pay bills. Those apps would still let you use it but every time would have that pop up. So let me say again, let the app devs figure it out, not the Rom devs.

I completely agree that I hate that people are stealing a $3 app but that's not our problem and neither is it exodus or broken or any other Rom devs. It's all good and all that y'all are trying to help out but it's costing y'all donations due to people jumping ship. What y'all need to do is focus on the Rom, not apps.

spixel, Frankrizzo, Vagante and 6 others like this.
  18. yezi745
    Eclair Aug 14, 2015

yezi745 , Aug 14, 2015 :
    The 8.12 8.13 version EXODUS ROM, has one obviously problem: setting--accessability always occurs failure. it will show: unforturnately, settings has stopped, then flash back to desk .

But the 8.10 version is ok(8.11 version I did not test) , I just submit this , hope the developers can notice this.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015

Its_rudy and avinashadvani like this.
  19. avinashadvani
    Jelly Bean Aug 14, 2015

avinashadvani , Aug 14, 2015 :
    +1

20. zingchar
    Eclair Aug 14, 2015

zingchar , Aug 14, 2015 :
    Hello guys can someone please confirm if they are facing issues with gyroscope in games? Cant play any games which uses tilting controls. Also I guess auto rotation also not working. Is there a fix for this? I kept trying all roms based on 5.1.1 all seems to have this same issues. I really like this rom...so was hoping to stay on it with all these issues fixed.

Frankrizzo likes this.