5 is too costly

1. G_Ratnesh_Maurya_AFzp
    Eclair Jun 25, 2017

G_Ratnesh_Maurya_AFzp , Jun 25, 2017 :
    Dear one plus team,
    one plus tag line is flagship killer phone but now one plus is too costlier for geek people's and students those who buy the one plus brand phone previously. Now the one plus 5 is a flagship phone and costlier than the some other brand flagship phones. taking brand ambassador like amitabh bachhan etc. giving money them promotion phone like oppo and vivo, don't think so it's waste of money? one plus have a image of a very good phone In whole world don't spoil that image to high the price of one plus 5 or your next devices. Hope the message is clear. or will some other brand kill the one plus flagship in future.
    Ratnesh Maurya
    India Mumbai

2. atulalvenkar
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 4, 2017

atulalvenkar , Jul 4, 2017 :
    1. OnePlus slogan is 'Never Settle'. Flagship killer was a term used to market OP2 which didn't sell well and since then it has not been used by OnePlus. Although some youtubers and other reviewers use the term, OnePlus does not.

2. Marketing is not waste of money it's very important for reach. Most people who buy OnePlus phones currently are tech enthusiasts. Lot of average non tech folks have no idea that such a brand exists. Marketing makes OnePlus brand visible to such people. If Oppo and Vivo can sell mid range phones at pretty high price due to marketing, what's wrong if OnePlus sells an actual high end phone at a higher price? They are a business and a business exists to make money.

Can you tell me which other brands flagship phone is currently cheaper than OP5? There is no other SD 835 phone released yet in India.

3. abhibhan89
    KitKat Jul 6, 2017

abhibhan89 , Jul 6, 2017 :
    I agree to all your points, but there are other phones available in India with SD835.
    Sony Xperia XZ Premium and HTC U11, both sport the SD835 and were launched in India before the OnePlus 5.
    Although both of them are costlier compared to the OnePlus 5.

4. Senti3nt
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 31, 2017

Senti3nt , Jul 31, 2017 :
    Don't buy if it's costly for you. You want latest features and hardware and complain about being costly.

5. G_sudhanshu_sharma_WsIO
    Froyo Aug 2, 2017

G_sudhanshu_sharma_WsIO , Aug 2, 2017 :
    I think if they limit price they wld have much larger sale than Amitabh or any other endorser coz we had already decided to buy one plus 5 which I bought on day first. but if prices keep roaring don't knw another one plus wld be in my affordable range don't give us marketing is essential crap mi brand is doing too good with out marketing plz cut the cost instead of buying faces we already know the brand's available and we Indians research phone with keywords like under 10000 20000 and not by advertisement we see

6. G_sudhanshu_sharma_WsIO
    Froyo Aug 2, 2017

G_sudhanshu_sharma_WsIO , Aug 2, 2017 :
    why do u think we had Micromax !! only coz of this price factor and 3t was also value for money mi is doing same too just don't waste money on non essential things and sell the phn at best price. also we all were expecting bezel less like s8. yet grt phn we want flag ship killers like Moto never settle one plus shdnt settle for any less than flagship killers status