5 "reasonable" Reasons To Avoid The Wait

1. lutti
    KitKat Jul 7, 2014

lutti , Jul 7, 2014 :
    You don't think people know already?

2. Nomelas
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 7, 2014

Nomelas , Jul 7, 2014 :
    1 & 2 - Agreed, if you can't wait, don't. There are plenty of alternatives this is true. But if you can wait, might as well (Only your impatience will cost you).
    3 - Not true, I bought the S3 2 years ago and it's far past its prime that I'm pretty much running it into the ground. The space is filled, it runs slow because of all the background tasks I make it do, batter drains within hours, and the apps/games I want to play on it run slow. I guess I'm not most users, but I'm definitely one of the tech enthusiasts who want this phone because I will be using it to its full potential as with 90% of the rest of the forum users who want it. This phone is in no means meant for the average joe blow user.
    4 - It's a good thing I have deep pockets (in the literal sense) because my current phone gets lost in there (and turns sideways all the time, it's kind of annoying). I cant wait for a bigger screen I almost went with a Note 3 until I saw that 5.5" screens were becoming the norm for flagship phones. Big plus!
    5 - Agreed, Fanboys are lame and no one likes them (except others of their kind and blood type).

3. Smnol
    Gingerbread Jul 7, 2014

Smnol , Jul 7, 2014 :
    Bad? Why? It's better than the nexus 5...

4. Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Marshmallow Senior Moderator Jul 7, 2014

Maximus Decimus Meridius , Jul 7, 2014 :
    These reasons are reasonably reasoning the reasonability of reasonship

5. drmartin
    Lollipop Moderator Jul 7, 2014

drmartin , Jul 7, 2014 :
    Depends on your definition of "better" - I would never take the LG bloatware instead of the Nexus vanilla experience. Then again, if you plan to install CM11 it could be ok.. ;-)

6. Smnol
    Gingerbread Jul 7, 2014

Smnol , Jul 7, 2014 :
    I was thinking on the specs! ;) And yes the UI of LG is a little horrible with CM11 is really good! If i can't get OPO probably I try the G2

7. LDiogo
    Honeycomb Jul 7, 2014

LDiogo , Jul 7, 2014 :
    it will be old when we have it...

358134 likes this.
  8. LEQIUX

9. MattGoo
    Gingerbread Jul 7, 2014

MattGoo , Jul 7, 2014 :
    Agree with most points, but I'm not in a rush to get a new phone, so will probably wait it out.

10. Smnol
    Gingerbread Jul 7, 2014

Smnol , Jul 7, 2014 :
    If meanwhile I don't receive an invitation it's September the month that I can buy the One

11. drmartin
    Lollipop Moderator Jul 7, 2014

drmartin , Jul 7, 2014 :
    Hold out a little longer, the invites are coming. ;-)) I think I would rather get a Chinese OPO then any other phone atm... :)

12. Smnol
    Gingerbread Jul 7, 2014

Smnol , Jul 7, 2014 :
    Longer that September?? Man it's hard! The waiting is long...and we don't see any invites going out or the chain of invites growing...

13. bdamir
    Gingerbread Jul 7, 2014

bdamir , Jul 7, 2014 :
    there is absolutely nothing moving.

14. mosesv26
    Jelly Bean Jul 7, 2014

mosesv26 , Jul 7, 2014 :
    Those are unrealistic reasons. I had the note 2 and it was the best phone I had and didn't need new pants. The fact that the phone comes with bumped up specs is an incentive to do more work with your phone.

15. Cplus+
    Gingerbread Jul 7, 2014

16. laughingmonsta

17. aastran
    Gingerbread Jul 7, 2014

aastran , Jul 7, 2014 :
    I would have bought the Nexus 5, but I have a a Nexus 4 and I need to charge my phone at least twice a day, so most probably I would buy a LG G2 or a Sony Z1 if I find really reasonable prices. Unless I find an invite on my mailbox for the O+O :)

Smnol likes this.
  18. rikkkk
    Eclair Jul 7, 2014

rikkkk , Jul 7, 2014 :
    Im tired of waiting, I dont only have to wait for an invite but I have to wait till this phone is aviable in my country, so balls to one plus, when the G3 is out, i will get one

aastran likes this.
  19. mathewdelany
    Gingerbread Jul 7, 2014

20. Knightshiner

Knightshiner , Jul 7, 2014 :
    By Few weeks, it may be considered as 4-8 weeks. So in late august - early sept. I think anyone with membership around 30-50k should be able to get an invite if you are around in these forums. Off course something new may come up :)