5 years on the forums !! via OnePlus 6

1. Manav Bhagia
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 18, 2020

Manav Bhagia , via OnePlus 6 , Mar 18, 2020 :
    Hi everyone reading this ! Today's gonna be an extremely memorable day for me on the forums as I just completed 5 years today ! [Proof]

1584520291308.jpg

If you wanna know more about me, you're free to read my awkward introduction full of brackets and exclamation marks here : https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/my-official-introduction.390821/ [My [official] introduction !!!!!]

I'm currently studying engineering [information technology] , still a Mumbaikar [e]2764[/e]️ , still single 😅 and still a big fan of OnePlus and Linkin Park [e]2764[/e]️[e]2764[/e]️[e]2764[/e]️[e]2764[/e]️ . You may know me from my work - Kryo ROMs which I couldn't maintain properly and I honestly apologize for that , and thank all those who tried them out.

Enough about myself , let me talk about the actual reason why I joined the forums . It started with the first phone that OnePlus made and had an invite system for. I just thought that joining the forums would be a cool thing to show off . Didn't work out though , because none of my friends knew about the forums 😅

Some of the highlights of my journey are :

February 2015 : Got my first OnePlus device after waiting patiently for an invite , for those who don't know it was cumpolsary [e]1f631[/e] you can read how I came to know about OnePlus in my official introduction .

March 18, 2015 : joined the OnePlus forums

April 2016 : My actual ROM development journey started. I had made a sort of ROM before that but it wasn't source built . Got to learn a lot of new stuff, got to meet a lot of amazing people and made a lot of new friends (online) . Surely gonna try to comeback this year, but can't assure anything .....

June 14, 2016 : Bought the OnePlus 3 on the launch day itself . It was my favourite OnePlus device ever made along with the 7 pro . Yeah I'm a fan of metal backs and curved screens 😅 Didn't really care about design in a smartphone before this one . According to me, it had the most effective improvements like Dash charging, AMOLED display, an actually great camera , a major change in design and it was THE actual device which introduced a new era of OnePlus . I still remember the excitement of watching the launch online after all the rumours and the removal of the invites system !

2017 : Had to officially leave ROM development due to lack of free time [e]1f62d[/e]

May 2018 : I got to experience the OnePlus 6 launch in Mumbai with my friend , and ended up buying both the flagships , the bullets wireless some months later due to it getting out of stock so quickly and the OnePlus 6 . It was an amazing experience and I look forward to more launches and OnePlus events in Mumbai !

2019 : Won the first prize from OnePlus during their store launch quiz competition (a bag, a shirt , a sketchbook) !!!!! Also took part in a loads of competitions on the forums , though I didn't actually win anything . Still was lotsa fun ! Also took part in the survey for the addition magazine , and I managed to get one just in time !

Pics / Proof :

1584520573611.jpg

1584520643077.jpg

You can check the latest competition that I'm taking part here : https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/more-accessible-ui-for-large-screens.1192204/

March 6, 2020 : @Pete replied [e]1f631[/e][e]1f631[/e][e]1f631[/e][e]1f631[/e][e]1f631[/e]

1584520942086.jpg

March 18, 2020 : The time has come. As I always said , I've been here since almost the beginning , a lot longer than you think . I've had a great time here, and hope to do so throughout .

I've still not overcome my habit of using a lot of brackets and exclamation marks , and hope to do so too 😅

On a more important note,

Today also happens to the day that OnePlus is gonna launch a new logo !

Tl, dr

I just completed 5 years on the forums !

I guess a lot of y'all might have nothing to do due to the virus , so just read it for passing some time !
    Anyway , thanks for reading [e]1f604[/e][e]1f604[/e]

2. Cheetosdust
    Moderator Moderator Mar 18, 2020

Cheetosdust , Mar 18, 2020 :
    Congratulations! :cool:

Sounds like you had a great, eventful journey so far. Here to the next five years! Have fun. :D

buntycubal and Manav Bhagia like this.
  3. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Mar 18, 2020

YRJ , Mar 18, 2020 :
    Hahaha! Habits die hard, indeed.

This is a great post! Congratulations on completing 5 years on the forums here to the next 5. Cheers ;)

buntycubal and Manav Bhagia like this.
  4. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Dresa91 , Mar 18, 2020 :
    wow:)congrats:)

buntycubal likes this.
  5. buntycubal
    User of the Year 2017 Mar 18, 2020

buntycubal , Mar 18, 2020 :
    6f11e4092cf0eb5eef1b44ed8bd57b66-01.jpeg
    PicsArt_03-18-09.08.41.jpg

Cheetosdust, Manav Bhagia and Dresa91 like this.
  6. Cheetosdust
    Moderator Moderator Mar 18, 2020

Cheetosdust , Mar 18, 2020 :
    Wooot wooot, bunty! :D

That's so sweet, many thanks for putting the time into creating it - I don't think that's 100% true o_O but it is true I appreciate every single of your creations. And saved! :p

Hope everything is going great you and yours. Stay safe and awesome! :cool:

buntycubal and Dresa91 like this.