5G connection not working via OnePlus 9 Pro Pine Green

1. Dragos Roos , via OnePlus 9 Pro Pine Green , Dec 8, 2021 :
    Hello guys,

1638975943230.jpg

1638975943283.jpg

I had encounter some issues with my 5G network on my phone, ever since i bought the 9Pro and updated my network plan from my provider with a 5G connection i could never make my phone switch on 5G. Think i tried everything that i possible know to make it work: resetting device, reset network to factory settings, disable smart 5g feature, change to NR/LTE/TDSCDMA/GSM/WCDMA

My carrier provider is Orange, in Bucharest/ Romania

Any idea what is wrong?

2. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Community Expert Dec 8, 2021

Best Answer
    Liehjan , Dec 8, 2021 :
    Have you checked with your carrier that they have 5G support for the device model?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021

Caomhin and otto2 like this.
  3. Dragos Roos , via OnePlus 9 Pro Pine Green , Dec 8, 2021 :
    I had reach out two times my provider with this issues but the answer was simple, we don't need to do anything, the connection should estabilish automaticaly as long as your device is suporting 5G connection. Thinking now when you ask me this question possible i did not find the right person to check this, i will try to reach out someone from their technical department...maybe more capable to help.

otto2 and Liehjan like this.
  4. Liehjan

Liehjan , Dec 8, 2021 :
    Not sure how it is with other carriers, but the one I use had to add my phone model to their supported 5G list. And only aft
    I would reach out again. My carrier told me that all 5G devices in their network needs to be certified by them for it to work.

Caomhin and otto2 like this.
  5. Dragos Roos , via OnePlus 9 Pro Pine Green , Dec 8, 2021 :
    Ok, thanks for this advise. I will try do the same and come back if i solve.

Liehjan and otto2 like this.
  6. Dragos Roos , via OnePlus 9 Pro Pine Green , Dec 8, 2021 :
    Well i just reach out online chat support of my provider and think is my lucky day, i solved the issue on spot. One of the consultants said will reset the settings for my phone number and then to reset my device. Afterwards, surprise in have 5G connection! 🥰

Thank you man for your help too! Now i can charge my battery phone more often than before 😂

1638978464834.jpg

Liehjan likes this.
  7. Liehjan

Liehjan , Dec 8, 2021 :
    Great, enjoy your working 5G!:)

puccellino and Caomhin like this.