5G not working via OnePlus 8 Pro

1. adarshgopinathan
    Gingerbread May 13, 2021

adarshgopinathan , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 13, 2021 :
    5G not working uae, please activate automatic 5g network mode.
    Also I tried single slot sim, same issue with 5G.
    I am using onplus 8pro, only 4G network showing.
    Please activate next update.

2. McJader
    Marshmallow May 13, 2021

McJader , May 13, 2021 :
    which regional variant of the device do you have?

Caoimhín and Tokolozi like this.
  3. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar May 13, 2021

Caoimhín and McJader like this.
  4. McJader
    Marshmallow May 13, 2021

Caoimhín and Tokolozi like this.
  5. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar May 13, 2021

Tokolozi , May 13, 2021 :
    Then he'll also need to check of his phone is whitelisted besides just supporting the bands. Thus contact his operator.

Caoimhín and McJader like this.
  6. McJader
    Marshmallow May 13, 2021

McJader , May 13, 2021 :
    Yup.
    I asked in case he had the Indian SW variant, in which the 5G option doesn't show up in the UI
    Even if he has the global variant, he needs to contact his operator as suggested by you.

Tokolozi and Caoimhín like this.
  7. sho0ok
    Cupcake May 15, 2021

sho0ok , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 15, 2021 :
    I too have the UAE variant and in the preferred network type section, 5g is not there..even if we contacted the operator, it won't be doing anything since the 5g locked by the software it self.

Also the phone is not approved the regulator (TDRA). Only Nord and op9 is approved right now. That could be one of the reasons. Oneplus is too cheap to pay for the approval.

Lastly, the chat support has told me it should be activated on the next update, but they have told me the same thing since last year. I've lost hope with oneplus, I'll be moving on to another manufacturer for the next phone.

Bobbie63 and McJader like this.
  8. Alec Birchley
    Cupcake May 15, 2021

Alec Birchley , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 15, 2021 :
    I've had my Oneplus 8 Pro since just after launch. I bought it largely on the basis that it would be future proofed with 5G capability. Now that 5G is in my area I applied for a new 5G SIM but it didn't connect. The phone doesn't have an option to connect to 5G networks. I applied to OnePlus for help only to be told the following:

"I would like to keep you informed that currently the OnePlus 8 pro devices are not enabled with 5G in your region. Our team is working on enabling 5G with all carriers. However, we will take this as a feedback so that we can look into this matter with carrier and implement the near future and also I would request you to submit your feedback and common logs on forums. https://forums.oneplus.com/"

This is very disappointing. Time to go back to iPhone? I know their phones connect to 5G in my area...

1621099554697.jpg

sho0ok likes this.
  9. WasimAB
    Froyo May 15, 2021

10. WasimAB
    Froyo May 15, 2021

11. Salfordian
    Froyo May 16, 2021

Salfordian , May 16, 2021 :
    More likely down to GiffGaff, I'm on Smarty Mobile and have 5G showing and used when on a 5G enabled mast

(edit by moderator)

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2021

12. Gary_Davies
    Cupcake May 16, 2021

13. Salfordian
    Froyo May 16, 2021

Salfordian , May 16, 2021 :
    Not official but they do, on upgraded masts obviously..............this was taken by me near CornBrook Manchester

Attached Files:

Gary_Davies likes this.
  14. Gary_Davies
    Cupcake May 17, 2021