5G reception problems in Hong Kong via OnePlus 8 Pro

1. Tonyatme
    Eclair May 5, 2020

Tonyatme , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 5, 2020 :
    These network providers are CMHK, 3HK, CSL, 1010, smartone.

There are several internet providers in Hong Kong that cannot use 5G on One plus 8/8 Pro for the time being, but 5G can be displayed on other 5g mobile phones.

But I believe that future system updates should solve this problem, just how long to wait.

I have checked the MIMO and NR under the 5G specification.

The CMHK service provider I already use can support these spectrums, but the question is why can you support it through future upgrades?

Now, even with the 5G service plan, you can search for signals on your phone, but you can't find 5G signals. What is the situation now?

Many other 5G brands use CPUs: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 and 5G chipset: X55, why they can solve 5G, when they are sold, those are already real 5G phones, but now OnePlus is different, deceiving, Obviously the mobile phone has 5G hardware, but now it only has 4G function. How to explain to the person who bought this machine, they will buy it because they like your system and have 5G specifications.

Samwong888 likes this.
  2. Samwong888
    Donut May 7, 2020

3. Tonyatme
    Eclair May 7, 2020

4. resourcemode
    Cupcake Jul 4, 2020

resourcemode , Jul 4, 2020 :
    This is very disappointing. I bought oneplus8 because of 5G in HK but it is not working. I plugged in my sim card in my friend s20 and it works smoothly without issue. Hopefully, they will support it soon!

5. elvislam
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2020

elvislam , Aug 4, 2020 :
    It has nothing to do with OnePlus but the network carriers. You were actually told about this before you placed your order.
    When you configure your order, before you add it a cart, there is a link of "Check carrier compatibility".
    It says clearly: "Even if a device supports some or all of the required frequencies for this carrier, it will not be able to connect unless the device is approved for this network."