5G support for OnePlus 9pro via OnePlus 9 Pro

1. bansaljp
    Donut Oct 19, 2021

bansaljp , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Oct 19, 2021 :
    Hello
    I bought oneplus 9 pro 5G From India but now I m in Kuwait and want to use 5G servises of Ooredoo network on my oneplus 9pro 5G in kuwait.
    Do I need any specific oneplus o/s update to open the 5G network in kuwait?

Please advice

Bansal

puccellino likes this.
  2. puccellino
    Lollipop Oct 19, 2021

Best Answer
    puccellino , Oct 19, 2021 :
    You can only use 5G if

1. Your service provider is providing the service in your area.

2. You phone can receive bandwidth your service provider is using.

3. Your service provider has approved your specific model on their list of 5G phones.

You need to check these points with your service provider.

You can find which bandwidth your phone receives from customer services if you need. I know there are users in Kuwait who can access 5G, but I don't recall the carrier they use.

Good luck.

3. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Oct 19, 2021

puccellino, Liehjan and Dresa91 like this.
  4. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Community Expert Oct 19, 2021

Dresa91 , Oct 19, 2021 :
    hey,
    in addition to this:
    &
    Can you please try this: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...on-oneplus-8-series-and-oneplus-7-5g.1345340/

5. bansaljp
    Donut Oct 24, 2021

bansaljp , Oct 24, 2021 :
    Hi,

Bought my OP 9Pro 5G in India. Now not able to use 5G service provided by my ISP (Ooredoo) in Kuwait. Please help in enabling my OP 9pro for 5G services in Kuwait.

Thanks

6. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Oct 24, 2021

Dresa91 likes this.
  7. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Community Expert Oct 24, 2021

8. bansaljp
    Donut Oct 24, 2021

bansaljp , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Oct 24, 2021 :
    Yes checked with ISP, they support OnePlus devices.

G_plusone likes this.

10. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Oct 24, 2021

pablofg1978 , Oct 24, 2021 :
    Thread merged
    Please do not create duplicate threads

Dresa91 likes this.
  11. puccellino
    Lollipop Oct 26, 2021

puccellino , Oct 26, 2021 :
    Yes,

But is your specific model on the approved list of 5G models.

Please ask this specific question to them. And is their coverage of 5G in your locality in Kuwait.

:)

12. bansaljp
    Donut Oct 27, 2021

bansaljp , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Oct 27, 2021 :
    Yes checked with ISP, OnePlus 9pro is approved by them, using 78 band, 5G service is available in our area (checked by putting SIM in iPhone) So please advice what shall I do so that my device work on 5G services.

Thanks

13. puccellino
    Lollipop Oct 27, 2021

puccellino , Oct 27, 2021 :
    @bansaljp, please see Rodaction got his device to work. There are 4 different versions of the OP9pro, the chine, indian, European, and international NA. You need to ensure that the ISP has your specific model on their authorised list. If they have it should work, if its not then it may not be your model that is approved, or some tweeks need to be made to your phone.

I presume you have already logged your issue with oneplus feedback as suggested in your other thread.

https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

If i were in your shoes id take your phone to your internet service providers shop and ask them if there are any specific requirements for you to get 5G on their network.

14. bansaljp
    Donut Oct 27, 2021

I just returned from my ISP, they informed that this device is Asia specific and needs to be reconfigured or updated as per Middle East requirements, I do not know how to do it.

puccellino likes this.
  15. puccellino
    Lollipop Oct 27, 2021

Yes,this is what i was getting at, your device is not on their approved list.

Thus the only available option you have is to try the work around that @Dresa91 quoted you previously. However, its quite complex, and not something I would wish to try myself. Its depends how much of an android expert you are.

Your other option is to take it to a third party and see if they reconfigure it. It will cost you,and im not certain if you lose your guarantee by doing so. Rodation mentioned a shop ....Future Electronics? ......... Future store? ......maybe you can use them.

Good luck.

Dresa91 likes this.
  16. bansaljp
    Donut Oct 27, 2021

So u mean to say that all international travelers should not buy indian varient OnePlus 9pro as it can be used on 5S out of India.

17. puccellino
    Lollipop Oct 27, 2021

I'm a user just like you. I'm aware of variations of international travel. Im based in Europe, but when I go abroad for work, my employer provides me with a device specific to that location.

I guess of you are a private individual, you have to do your own research for these matters. Some companies make great products, but have accessibility features, others may not be great but are very accessible worldwide. You have to choose what's right for you

otto2 likes this.
  18. bansaljp
    Donut Oct 27, 2021

Yes u r right but is it not responsibility of manufacture also to let buyer knows that it is country specific and will be useless if used out of country.

19. puccellino
    Lollipop Oct 27, 2021

As i said i am a user .....just like you.

Many things are region specific. If you buy Cadburys milk chocolate in Europe it tastes different to Cadburys chocolate manufactured and sold in India.....it has less cream for heat reasons. If you only ever live in one region you never know of this difference, it you move you will. Its not a secret but do you expect Cadbury to write it on the label in Europe? Its up to the buyer to be enlightened, and do their research and ask the right questions.

Im going to leave this conversation now, as its no longer productive. I gave to the answer and patiently responded to your messages until you realise the issue. There is nothing further I can do for you.

otto2 likes this.
  20. bansaljp
    Donut Oct 27, 2021

Thanks a lot dear for your valuable advices. And sorry for inconvenience and all the trouble I gave.

otto2 and puccellino like this.