5G, VoLTE, VoWiFi: all-hands deck... What is the happening with these features? via OnePlus Nord

1. ichanmrg
    Eclair May 8, 2021

ichanmrg , via OnePlus Nord , May 8, 2021 :
    Okay, so I searched so many forum threads and I searched Google but I seem cannot find the official reason from OnePlus for the issue:

Why does 5G, VoLTE, and VoWiFi suddenly disappeared on OnePlus devices?

I find it strange that the said features suddenly removed on latest updates. I opted in to beta releases of OOS with the hope that these features will come back, but to no avail.

What is happening to OnePlus and its software updates?

Here in the Philippines, we have a new network called DITO where 2G is not implemented and requires VoLTE to place calls. I would like to use it on my OnePlus Nord, so I was force to is PDC. Unfortunately, every changing of SIMs leads to the reset of the config, making VoLTE unavailable until I do the PDC trick again.

It is kinda sucks and a bit ridiculous that some other brands (like Samsung) have these features right out of the box. Heck, they even proved that they can even provide better software updates in a timely manner. That is a miracle, I should say.

I need enlightenment with what is happening.

Bobbie63 likes this.
  2. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow May 8, 2021

Bobbie63 , May 8, 2021 :
    Good luck on your quest. It would be nice if OnePlus would let us know when what where and how available. I haven’t been able to find a uniform answer. To me the settings and provided features are pretty random.

Shailender Sharma and ichanmrg like this.

4. ichanmrg
    Eclair May 10, 2021

ichanmrg , via OnePlus Nord , May 10, 2021 :
    It looks like they are being defeated by Samsung in terms when it comes to updates and features, huh.

Bobbie63 likes this.
  5. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow May 10, 2021

Bobbie63 , May 10, 2021 :
    Well yes, they sure did as it looks for now. I submitted a bug where my switch toggle for VoLTE is missing however VoLTE is working (just can’t switch it off). I got an answer it got passed to developers and to look out for updates, what ever that means. I’ll need to wait and see what happens. This however might not be a solution for other issues like 5G and VoWifi missing.

Shailender Sharma and ichanmrg like this.
  6. HoLeetihs
    Honeycomb May 10, 2021

7. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator May 10, 2021

pablofg1978 , May 10, 2021 :
    The problem is that to enable VoLTE the carrier needs to certified each device model. This certification costs money, and carriers do not want to pay it for devices that they don't sell.
    It works fine for devices that they sell, like, for example, Samsung devices.
    I use Movistar where I live, and despite that in other countries they offer volte to oneplus devices, it does not work.