5G via OnePlus 8T

1. Khalid_Fan
    Eclair Jan 19, 2021

Khalid_Fan , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 19, 2021 :
    Hello, why hasn't the 5G problem been solved in the oneplus 8T mobile devices yet?

Marktrix likes this.
  2. Best Answer
    StefanStark , via OnePlus 8T Aquamarine Green , Jan 19, 2021 :
    5G needs to be activated by the provider - a device has to be supported by the mobile network.

If the provider just doesn't do it even if the device is capable - what you expect from the manufacturer?

Contact you provider.

Lot's of people crying about 'I don't have 5G with my 5G phone' can't answer questions like

- does your provider support a 5G network?
    - are you in an area that is 5G covered?
    - is your mobile plan supporting 5G?
    - is 5G enabled on your device and are your APN settings up to date?

All things that oneplus can't do for you.

3. leegraham82
    Cupcake Jan 19, 2021

leegraham82 , Jan 19, 2021 :
    I am also just after discovering that there is no 5g on the one plus 8 pro in Europe. This is breaking statutory rights surely.

4. 9emilan6
    Cupcake Feb 14, 2021

9emilan6 , Feb 14, 2021 :
    Hello!

Does the OnePlus 8T support Hungarian 5G networks?
    In principle, the frequencies used are: n1 (2100 MHz), n28 (700 MHz), N77, or (probably more :) N78 (3400-3800 MHz)

When searching manually, the phone does not see a 5G network. Coverage is in principle in that area. Does the service provider need to send a configuration message or file for it to work? These networks are still only 4G based networks, so they are not standalone 5G.

Is it possible to modify something in the OnePlus 8T configuration files to manually search the 5G network? Or do I have to wait for the service provider to activate on the customer’s subscription?

Version: Oxygen OS 11.0.6.9 KB05BA
    OnePlus 8T KB2003

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021

eastbay likes this.
  5. eastbay
    Jelly Bean Feb 14, 2021

eastbay , via OnePlus 8T T-Mobile , Feb 14, 2021 :
    It depends on your region of the country. And if you have 5g towers up yet. Talk to your provider they'll tell you if your area supports 5g.

6. rizwanqureshi786
    Gingerbread Feb 14, 2021

rizwanqureshi786 , via OnePlus 8T , Feb 14, 2021 :
    Absolutely correct. Very well said

7. 9emilan6
    Cupcake Feb 15, 2021

9emilan6 , Feb 15, 2021 :
    The 5G networks of the service providers were not seen on the phones for a long time and then android update was solved on Samsung and IPhone devices. so you also need some configuration file from the manufacturer for the phone to see 5G mobile networks. I hope such a configuration file will be included in the next OnePlus android update as well.

eastbay likes this.
  8. Marktrix
    Eclair Feb 15, 2021

Marktrix , Feb 15, 2021 :
    Where is the proof of this Statement? I don´t think its the fault of my provider. So why there a modify tricks like this

https://mt-tech.fi/en/modify-oneplu...-a-band-combos/?amp&__twitter_impression=true

And there people in the o2 forum from germany which modify like the link above and got 5G with o². So nothing to do with the provider itself.

Yes my provider supports 5G, my area is covered and my mobile plan supporting 5G.

But i cannot enable 5G in my settings, because its not there.