Network/Connectivity 5G

1. adriaitigo
    Eclair Nov 9, 2021

adriaitigo , Nov 9, 2021 :
    A year ago OnePlus assured that they would release an update with 5G for devices with SIMs from companies like Movistar, which for some reason while Vodafone did work, they didn't have 5G.

To this day there is still no word...Page for a mobile with 5G and I have not even smelled the 5G...
    Page for a mobile with 5G and I have not even smelled the 5G...

Do you plan to make it work or was it all a scam and pure marketing and in reality the OnePlus 8 does not have 5G?

2. HarshKK14
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 9, 2021

3. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Nov 9, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Nov 9, 2021 :
    This is a workaround. If it works, you will have to Apply these settings again 🔸Each time you Restart the phone. 🔸

This App available on the Playstore does the same as the manual procedure as stated below. But it may depend on your Network provider..
    ⚡You must have an existing 5G plan with your mobile network provider. ⚡
    5G Switch - Force 5G
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sladjan.sava.petg

Manual procedure (Does not work on ColorOS codebase) try the app linked above.
    You can possibly enable 5G:
    1) Open Dialer App.
    2) Type *#*#4636#*#*
    3) Tap on Phone information
    4) Select NR/LTE/TDSCDMA/GSM/WCDMA.
    5) You may now be able to use 5G.

Ensure you have checked that your Mobile Network provider can provision your phone on their 5G Network.

Liehjan likes this.
  4. adriaitigo
    Eclair Nov 10, 2021

adriaitigo , Nov 10, 2021 :
    Hi mate,

Submited a ticket, thank you for your reply.

Anyway, I think it is basic that if they sell a mobile with 5G it should work in all the companies or at least they should warn... I have not been able to see this warning anywhere.

Davey_P1 and HarshKK14 like this.
  5. adriaitigo
    Eclair Nov 10, 2021

Hi friend.

I appreciate your answer, but it seems a bit of a bad solution for me.

I mean, something that should work in a basic way from the beginning, since it was sold as a 5G phone, results in having to go into hidden menus of the phone, every time you restart it you have to make changes, etc...

Best regards.

Davey_P1 and HarshKK14 like this.
  6. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Nov 10, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Nov 10, 2021 :
    It's not a complete solution, but is a workaround, hence why I mention it has to be redone after a restart. But it may be worth a try, even to see if if you can get 5G using this method.

Liehjan likes this.
  7. adriaitigo
    Eclair Nov 10, 2021

Hello again.

You are right.

I have tried to do the steps you mention, and I don't know if it's because of the area where I am right now but it doesn't go higher than 4G+, this afternoon when I leave the office I will try in the center of the city.

Once again, thanks for your response.

Best regards.

Caomhin likes this.
  8. X1622805498706
    Cupcake Nov 18, 2021

adriaitigo and albigboss like this.
  9. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Nov 18, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Nov 18, 2021 :
    If you don't see any improvement after trying the suggestions given. Please send Bug reports and give Feedback on the issues back to the OnePlus OOS developers. So that they can investigate them.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

And you can also contact OnePlus support directly to see if they have more information on your issue. Scroll down the page for Email, Phone contact and online Chat details.
    https://www.oneplus.com/support

10. albigboss
    Eclair Dec 4, 2021

albigboss , Dec 4, 2021 :
    Same in France since more than one year : One Plus are liars and f... o.. , I will never again buy a One Plus

adriaitigo likes this.
  11. Chispas_elek
    Froyo Dec 4, 2021

Chispas_elek , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Dec 4, 2021 :
    Different people send already bugs reports to one plus. They know already that there isn't 5g activated in op 8 pro devices for certain carriers.

Surprisingly, op 9 has 5g activated for all carriers without doing any configuration, so, what's the point of this?

It is sure that phone is 5g capable but it seems they there is a gap in the phone that makes the 5g unstable or not 100 % compatible with certain band ranges,. So, yes, it is a complete scam.

adriaitigo and Angelode16_20 like this.
  12. adriaitigo
    Eclair Dec 14, 2021

adriaitigo , Dec 14, 2021 :
    Hello friend,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

We are a lot of the same people as you.

Best regards.

13. adriaitigo
    Eclair Dec 14, 2021

Hello friend,

It is sad that they say it is a 5G mobile and then only have some phone companies.
    After more than a year and a half closely following the issue and hoping to have 5G I have already left aside the hopes...

It says a lot about one plus.

Best regards.

14. adriaitigo
    Eclair Dec 14, 2021

Hi man,

As you say, they already know that there is a problem, many people have complained since the phones were released, it is also true that the OP9 have no problem with 5G.

You may be right in what you say that there is a problem, but if so surely they would know before marketing the mobile and could warn instead of lying to buyers.

After more than a year and a half receiving complaints and bug reports, they could have solved the problem and stop saying the same thing from the beginning: "we are working with the phone companies to fix the problem". They could also have given some alternative or refunded part of the price of the phone...

The truth is that it leaves a lot to be desired by OP. For me OP was one of the leading companies in the market, but as the years have passed they have been decaying and OxygenOS has more and more bugs, they care less about fixing them and make good phones etc... but the price is getting higher...

What is clear to me is that I will never buy another OP if things do not change.

Best regards.

Chispas_elek likes this.
  15. smeagel
    Donut Dec 22, 2021

smeagel , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Dec 22, 2021 :
    I got this to work for me in Canada.

1. Install Samsung band selection from play store.
    2. Select more network settings
    3. Select preferred network type
    4. Select NR/LTE/TDSCDMA/GSM/WCDMA
    5. Your welcome& enjoy

Chispas_elek likes this.