5T - corrupt

1. F_Lucas_Campopiano_HrMf
    Cupcake Feb 27, 2018

F_Lucas_Campopiano_HrMf , Feb 27, 2018 :
    1519738202185.jpg
    A few days ago a friend bougth a 5T, a week later it did an OTA update and the phone bricked itself into a bootlop, it was impossible to fix, even after the remote support, has anyone ever seen a oneplus phone do that?

G_Earnest_Paul_XhEs likes this.
  2. Triple_A
    Honeycomb Feb 27, 2018

3. Hydra Bob
    Starting Point Expert Feb 27, 2018

4. G_Earnest_Paul_XhEs
    Cupcake Jun 30, 2019

5. G_Earnest_Paul_XhEs
    Cupcake Jul 1, 2019

G_Earnest_Paul_XhEs , Jul 1, 2019 :
    Today I visited op service centre for this complaint they said the main board has to change and it cost 23500 rupees..

6. iamrock
    Gingerbread Sep 3, 2019

7. SP3NGL3R
    Gingerbread Sep 6, 2019

SP3NGL3R , Sep 6, 2019 :
    Weirdest "cure" I recently had to do to mine coming off Beta and returning to Stock. I was fully bricked as far as I could tell. I found a 1+5T recovery tool that solved, but the weird part. Was I think getting it to connect to my computer (Win10 didn't work, needed Win7) while it appeared off. Like legit, off. I think it was a 2 step thing. 1) leave device alone, off, charging over night. 2) connect to PC while holding volume up (I think). The PC bleeps like it found a new USB drive but nothing really shows up. Then run the recovery tool and BAM! Like 5 minutes later my phone was booting normally again with a fresh OS (older version but whatever). Christ what a relief.

I found it via XDA, OnePlus 5T Recovery Tool (I think), there's also a YouTube video to walk you through it. It doesn't mention the "just leave your phone alone for the night" part or the "this doesn't work on Win10". But from experience I've seen this before and thought "heck, I'll try on my work laptop tomorrow" and .. YES! Typing this right now on my fully stable 5T a month later