5T on boot loop after update

1. TheYoDay Donut Feb 2, 2019

TheYoDay, Feb 2, 2019 :
    My OnePlus 5T was stuck in a boot loop after installing an update from Oreo to some sort of Oxygen OS v 9 point something. whats should I do ? please help

2. Mr_Cyrox KitKat Feb 2, 2019

Mr_Cyrox, Feb 2, 2019 :
    Can you get into recovery?

TheYoDay likes this.
  3. TheYoDay Donut Feb 2, 2019

TheYoDay, Feb 2, 2019 :
    I can get 3 options by pressing volume up button and lock button. ( it opens boot loader )

Start
    Recovery
    Restart Bootloader
    Power Off

by going in recovery, it again goes in the same boot loop.

4. Mr_Cyrox KitKat Feb 2, 2019

Mr_Cyrox, Feb 2, 2019 :
    Well if you can't access recovery you're screwed
    Is your bootloader locked?

5. TheYoDay Donut Feb 2, 2019

TheYoDay, Feb 2, 2019 :

Mr_Cyrox

Well if you can't access recovery you're screwed
    Is your bootloader locked?​

I don't think so. It seems Unlocked. Sending to OnePlus Service centre .

6. Mr_Cyrox KitKat Feb 2, 2019

Mr_Cyrox, Feb 2, 2019 :
    Hold your horses there pal
    You can always try the MSM Tool in situations like this
    Because your bootloader is locked and you can't access recovery you have lost all of your data
    Even the service center won't restore it so you have nothing to lose anymore so why not give MSM Tool a shot?

TheYoDay and Hydra Bob like this.
  7. Hydra Bob Starting Point Expert Feb 2, 2019

Hydra Bob, Feb 2, 2019 :
    If you don't remember unlocking it then it's still locked, it's a very deliberate process you would know if you did. If you have access to a PC you can use the unbrick tool and save yourself the service center charge since that's exactly what they'll do if you send it to them.

TheYoDay likes this.
  8. TheYoDay Donut Feb 2, 2019

TheYoDay, Feb 2, 2019 :
    How can I check if the bootloader is locked or not ? MSM tool thing seems complex for me .

9. TheYoDay Donut Feb 2, 2019

TheYoDay, Feb 2, 2019 :
    The phone is in warranty and it's their mistake so I guess that might be the right opinion ?

10. TheYoDay Donut Feb 2, 2019

11. Hydra Bob Starting Point Expert Feb 2, 2019

Hydra Bob, Feb 2, 2019 :
    They'll still charge you labor regardless. It's your choice though.

TheYoDay and Mr_Cyrox like this.
  12. TheYoDay Donut Feb 2, 2019

TheYoDay, Feb 2, 2019 :
    Thanks for the help. I'm bad at experimenting things and this is dangerous. I mean I can go wrong at any point with the PC and unbricking stuff. I would like to send it to the service centre .

Can't they just give me a new device and put the old one's storage disk into the new one's !!

13. Mr_Cyrox KitKat Feb 2, 2019

Mr_Cyrox, Feb 2, 2019 :
    Nope
    They don't give you a replacement (from what I've heard) they keep the device till they repair it and then sends it back
    You won't get a temporary device in the meantime

Best bet if you need a phone ASAP then use the MSM Tool

Hydra Bob likes this.
  14. Hydra Bob Starting Point Expert Feb 2, 2019

Hydra Bob, Feb 2, 2019 :
    No sorry you won't be avable recover your data at this point. The internal storage is encrypted by default and the only way to decrypt it is if the phone will successfully boot which obviously isn't an option now.

Mr_Cyrox likes this.
  15. TheYoDay Donut Feb 2, 2019

TheYoDay, Feb 2, 2019 :
    I lost some of my important data then.. :(

I'm sad .

Thank you people so much for the help. I'll update with what I did later on.

16. TheYoDay Donut Feb 25, 2019

TheYoDay, Feb 25, 2019 :
    Hello there.
    I guess the service centre was the right choice. That day I had sent this phone to service centre.

Now after a month I've got the phone back with Android Pie.
    I have lost all my data successfully. :/

But I'm not even mad at OnePlus because they changed my LCD ( which was cracked ) and installed a new battery for FREE .

They didn't take any labour cost or something.
    everything was free.

Probably because of this extended warranty ( which is from a third party service so probably the service paid for my expense )

Cheers !

:)

Nick 59 likes this.
  17. sanjay_patel81 Cupcake Jun 26, 2019

sanjay_patel81, Jun 26, 2019 :
    Hi All,

I have a OnePlus 5T, the phone was charging and somehow rebooted itself and is now stuck at the logo screen. Nothing works to get it to boot up. I haven't run any updates recently either (as I can see this has been an issue for some others). I contacted OnePlus and they gave me a remote session with a member of their support staff, they used the MSM Tool to try and fix the issue (I understand all data is now lost), but this did not work, it kept giving errors like Sahara Communication Error or FirehoseCheckRSP Failed. The OnePlus support staff told me to send the device back via a repair request), but I am not really sure what else they can do. Also, it's more than a year old, so I assume any repair they carry out will be chargeable.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this myself?
    Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

18. borft Jelly Bean Jun 26, 2019

borft, Jun 26, 2019 :
    why are you replying to a super old thread? and why are you asking the community? probably better to ask OnePlus these questions directly, as they would know the answer

19. sanjay_patel81 Cupcake Jun 26, 2019

sanjay_patel81, Jun 26, 2019 :
    I saw this old thread and it was related to the issue I am having, maybe I should have started a new thread. I am asking the community as i'd like to see if anyone else has had the same experience as me and if they have a solution. If I send the phone to oneplus I am then at their mercy in terms of the cost of the fix (assuming it can be fixed)

20. Mr_Cyrox KitKat Jun 26, 2019

Mr_Cyrox, Jun 26, 2019 :
    Well then maybe try the solution I posted here on this thread long time ago?