65W car charger for OP9 Pro via OnePlus 9 Pro

1. xakep
    Gingerbread Jan 8, 2022

xakep , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 8, 2022 :
    Hi guys I see a lot of people talking about this issue but I can't really point my finger on the one to get. I see there is no official 65w car chargers. What works with our OP9 Pro so I can get full, just like from the wall charging speed without burning my baby with crappy charger ?

Anyone can recommend one for me ?

How is this one for example.

VELOGK 65W Warp Car Charger [10V/6.5A] for OnePlus 8T/9R/9/9 Pro/8 Pro/8/7 Pro/7T/7T Pro/6T/5T/Nord N10 5G, Warp Charge 65 Car Charger Adapter with USB A-to-C Warp Charging Cable (1M/3.3ft) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097BWKBB...abc_7KEJH8W1DZJZ6ACFV704?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks !!!

2. Kruemelfelix
    Honeycomb Jan 8, 2022

Kruemelfelix , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 8, 2022 :
    How even should the linked product work?
    It has an USB-A Port for Warp-Charging. USB-A isn't rated for more than like 2A and they want to push 6.5A at 10V over it? Doesn't sound that believable.

Gennady_A likes this.
  3. xakep
    Gingerbread Jan 24, 2022

xakep , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 24, 2022 :
    Well, OnePlus original car charger is rated 30 watts on same usb-a . I think plug has nothing to do with anything. Just like Samsung's tech QC 4.0 using both usbc and a ports for pretty fast charging. I think it's all about PD tech in the charger no matter the connector because if you think about it car charging port allows pretty high wattage I mean my car inverter allows me to connect a regular plug with maximum of 300watts.

So does anyone with OP9 Pro using any car chargers that allow fast warp charging ?

4. xakep
    Gingerbread Jan 24, 2022

xakep , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 24, 2022 :
    A little update. It looks like One plus 9 pro can use 7 overall PD chargers however it will limit charging to 18W. To have anything higher than that you'll need to use oneplus warp charging technology and at the moment original oneplus 30W car charger is maximum you can do in the car, because PD 65W will not work with OnePlus 9 pro and stay at 18W Max. Correct me if I am wrong.
    Thanks !