6T crashing via OnePlus 6T

1. G_Vincent_Gao_eHhP , via OnePlus 6T , Nov 21, 2019 :
    My 6T randomly crashes and reboots for no reason. it has happened while I was reading news on Google, or scrolling through Facebook or Instagram. Is anyone else experiencing something similar?? it's annoying and idk if it's a bug or what

tomekg and Whitefang_06 like this.
  2. YRJ
    Lollipop Nov 21, 2019

YRJ , Nov 21, 2019 :
    What software version are you running?
    And how long have you been facing this issue?
    Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far?

3. G_Vincent_Gao_eHhP , via OnePlus 6T , Nov 21, 2019 :
    Android 10 and oxygen OS 10, I've tried clearing cache but I don't think it has done anything

4. MSoHaiL_7
    Froyo Nov 21, 2019

MSoHaiL_7 , Nov 21, 2019 :
    same here mostly Instagram. App freezes for a while and phone goes in bootloop.

5. anil.shukla
    Cupcake Nov 22, 2019

6. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Nov 22, 2019

Kytharsis , Nov 22, 2019 :
    Since you're all on A10 (I assume) this is a critical bug in the current build.

G_Vincent_Gao_eHhP likes this.
  7. tomekg
    Eclair Nov 22, 2019

tomekg , Nov 22, 2019 :
    My phone has been doing the same thing however I remember that it started BEFORE I upgraded to Android 10. But I think Android 10 has increased the frequency. I noticed that this happens usually when looking through videos/photos. For example the way it starts on my phone is:
    1. I go on twitter
    2. I click on a video
    3. VIdeo doesnt load, it's just black screen
    4. I exit the app completely
    5. I reopen the app, and I click on the video and that's when the phone starts to lag and then freezes and reboots itself.

Also the phone is often stuck on the rebooting phase. I have to press some combination of buttons to restart.

This thing also sometimes happens when using SNapchat and it happened once when I was using Gallery.

I have the phone since February and I have had SO MANY issues with it I am hugely disappointed with OnePlus. All those good reviews I read about stable software and frequent upgrades to fix bugs turned out to be a lie. This issue has been happening for nearly 2 months I would say. I dont believe it's a hardware issue. The phone is practically new, always been in a case, never dropped it.

I am seriously thinking about switching. Which is very sad because a phone that I hoped would last me 2 years, hasnt even lasted me a year.

8. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Nov 22, 2019

When was the last time you formatted the phone?

9. tomekg
    Eclair Nov 22, 2019

tomekg , Nov 22, 2019 :
    You mean a factory reset? Factory resetting a phone that is 9 months old - well no I havent and I want to avoid doing that. It's a lot of hassle.

10. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Nov 22, 2019

It'll save your phone in the long run. Probably the reason you're having so much issues.

11. M1569584596949
    Cupcake Nov 24, 2019

M1569584596949 , Nov 24, 2019 :
    My phone crashs and reboot every day)
    It started when i installed 10th.
    i was on the street and felt that phone in pocket is warm.
    Combination "block botton" + "-" doesn't work. Than i tried push "block "+ "+" and it helped to reboot.
    So, i don't know what happened,but it's a real problem for me.For example it can crash at night and the alarm won't go off.