Other 6T data recovery (No ADB, only fastboot)

1. Msva
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2020

Msva , Sep 22, 2020 :
    I have a 6T that died on me without warning from which I would like to retrieve some photos.
    I have ONLY fastboot access and cannot issue ADB-commands to it.

One user in this forum tried to guide me to flash a new ROM onto the phone but couldn't tell me which partition to flash to nor if my data would be overwritten. So I want to try again.

My questions are:
    CAN I retrieve data from this phone?
    Should I flash a new ROM to it?
    If so, how?

2. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Sep 22, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Sep 22, 2020 :
    [e]26a0[/e]️If it is bricked then you will lose all data trying this. [e]26a0[/e]️

However have you checked the Google photos website via pc or laptop with your Google login to see if Google Photos backed up your images.

See if the unbricking steps below can help.

Follow the instructions to use the MSMDownload Tool for OnePlus 6T Series phones

https://www.thecustomdroid.com/oneplus-6-6t-unbrick-guide/

Scroll down to view the Unbrick details and downloads.

Download and use the Android version for 6T you want TO use to unbrick the phone with for your OnePlus .

Once you have the phone backup and running.

Install OTA updates to get the most recent update.

zayn_ys likes this.
  3. Msva
    Cupcake Sep 23, 2020

Msva , Sep 23, 2020 :
    I read somewhere that you can somehow manually choose which partitions to reflash so that your user data will stay intact even while loading a new OS to the phone. Is this possible?

If your method wipes my phone completely it doesn't sound like the way to go.
    Do you know if TWRP could help me regain data from the phone?

4. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Sep 24, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Sep 24, 2020 :
    Not sure, but check XDA for 6T for that type of info. That's where you will get all sorts of solutions.

5. BeingIncog
    Nougat Sep 24, 2020

BeingIncog , Sep 24, 2020 :
    i did receive ones a 6T like that but i just needed to reset settings from recovery, it was boot looping tho! i got it working to recover data!