OxygenOS

6T from TMobile to International help

1. VipeNess Eclair Jun 26, 2019

VipeNess, Jun 26, 2019 :
    Hello everyone! I'm rocking the 6T (fully paid off) and have noticed that T-Mobile has dropped the damn ball when it comes to security updates. The phone is sitting on the 9.0.11, Android 9 - April 1 2019 update. GROSS T-MOBILE!!!

I would like update my phone to the international version so I can stay on top of updates, etc. but I do have a few questions related to this:
    1. When converting to the International version, will it factory reset the phone (meaning losing all your settings, data etc. like it was just out of the box for the 1st time)?
    2. Does this methods ( (https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6t/how-to/t-mobile-6t-to-international-t3888307) still work for my version?
    3. Is there any extra benefits besides the one's listed above about have the international version?

2. ironass KitKat Jun 26, 2019

ironass, Jun 26, 2019 :
    1. Yes

2. Yes

3. There are a whole host of features that TMO removed and updates that they have not implemented.

There are a number of threads, over on the T-Mobile section of the forum that are devoted to switching, including... T-Mobile 6T to Global model Conversion (WITHOUT unlocked bootloader/SIM unlock!)

drl431 likes this.
  3. lotusbud Cupcake Jul 13, 2019

lotusbud, Jul 13, 2019 :
    I converted my T-Mobile 6t successfully to the international version. The phone is on OxygenOS version 9.0.11. Is this the current version for my device? I read somewhere that there is a 9.0.15 available. I wonder will I get this OTA?

4. ironass KitKat Jul 13, 2019

ironass, Jul 13, 2019 :
    The latest stock, stable, OxygenOS version for the global 6T is 9.0.15 which is currently being rolled out. You can install, free from the Play Store, Oxygen Updater to facilitate the update.

There is also an existing thread on the T-Mobile section of the forum for converted users that has lots of useful information...

T-Mobile 6T to Global model Conversion (WITHOUT unlocked bootloader/SIM unlock!)

drl431 and lotusbud like this.
  5. lotusbud Cupcake Jul 13, 2019

ironass likes this.